PDA

View Full Version : Rate pics & etc.

neapolitan joe
07-10-2010, 02:09 PM
One of the good things I liked of Joedios was rating pictures.
I do not like the way this site is changing its spirit.
Thank You Mister "terrific" clown.

But I am with Hammerfel again and I repeat to myself: "dura lex, sed lex".

SIC DETH
07-10-2010, 02:52 PM
I agree. The rating system should stay. We can just cool the 1 star rating the Hate star!!! You are doing such a good job that someone is hating!!!!

The site is changing. Theres new members coming in and the older members don't post to often anymore. NJ, I haven't seem a pic from you in awhile. Then Flatline(thank Gawd) finally post a set of pics.
A lot of new blood and no elders to show them the ropes. I think things will settle soon.

Hammerfel
07-10-2010, 03:14 PM
If I could get a "Like" system similar to Facebook, I'll put that in. The good thing about that is if you're going to be anonymous about it, you can only say something nice. :)

Da Talent
07-10-2010, 04:08 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]If I could get a "Like" system similar to Facebook, I'll put that in. The good thing about that is if you're going to be anonymous about it, you can only say something nice. :)[/QUOTE]

I think that is an awesome idea!

Death_at_Midnight
07-10-2010, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]If I could get a "Like" system similar to Facebook, I'll put that in. The good thing about that is if you're going to be anonymous about it, you can only say something nice. :)[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea!

Tracker
07-10-2010, 06:37 PM
i thought it was only veteran members that could vote on pics if that is still the case then it is possible that someones account has been hacked the said person is going around give 1 stars to outstandingly good pictures.

just a thought

pbarny1701
07-10-2010, 06:41 PM
But will you beat facebook and have a dislike? :p

footloose
07-10-2010, 06:42 PM
im not really fimilar with the rating system on facebook. hows it work? i like there being a rating system. i just wish if you were going to rate something youd have to leave somekind of feedback as to why you chose to give it the rating. i personaly like getting all the feedback i can on my work. good or bad. if somebody doesnt like the pic i took, i want to know why. poor lighting, angles, focus, whatever.

i like the idea of 1 star being the hate star. ill be thinking of it that way for now. my pics so good people are hatin on it. HA!

Death_at_Midnight
07-10-2010, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=footloose]im not really fimilar with the rating system on facebook. hows it work? i like there being a rating system. i just wish if you were going to rate something youd have to leave somekind of feedback as to why you chose to give it the rating. i personaly like getting all the feedback i can on my work. good or bad. if somebody doesnt like the pic i took, i want to know why. poor lighting, angles, focus, whatever.

i like the idea of 1 star being the hate star. ill be thinking of it that way for now. my pics so good people are hatin on it. HA![/QUOTE]

I'm a newbie on facebook, but so far I've seen only an option to click "I like" on a picture or topic. Elsewhere you'll see "Death likes this photo". There isn't any "dislike." Either you like it, or there's nothing else to do.

Sonneilon
07-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I was going to post something much like this but got lazy.

In theory, the rating system would work if people were honest. I'm sure for us old folks here, KNOWITALLJOE still comes back and messes with people's stuff! And a few other nutjobs that I banned years ago.

It was brought up that someone was handing out 1-stars and even I was questioning that one. IF the rating system were to work, Fel would need to program it in to see WHO rated what. Cuz figure, on FB, the LIKE function shows who hit the 'like' button, y'know?

It's a bummer it's gone, but it should've left awhile ago since it'd become a ratings war. I also know that I'm quite critical so someone who is new and throws down great stuff off the bat (like Speir or DaveCW2) would get 5 stars. After time, I'd actually grade them lower cuz I would be looking for maybe stylistic changes, improvement, etc. Many members here start off pretty good and then BLAM, their works suddenly go up many levels. And it makes me say, "man, I need to step up my game too!"

Anyway, that's just a few pennies for ye.

troopsofdoom
07-11-2010, 08:06 AM
How can we see the value of each rating vote received on a photo?

tycondrius23
07-11-2010, 08:19 AM
well the way they do it on Fb is you can only Like a Pic if you are Already friends with that person.so that may
A.either solve the who's leaving poor ratings
or
B. open up a new can of worms

pbarny1701
07-11-2010, 08:37 AM
[QUOTE=tycondrius23]well the way they do it on Fb is you can only Like a Pic if you are Already friends with that person.so that may
A.either solve the who's leaving poor ratings
or
B. open up a new can of worms[/QUOTE]

You actually can like anything that is "public" not just friends. Once you like it or your friends like it, it ends up suggested for you. Which some one is where the whole can of worms really resides.

rds13601
07-11-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm not gonna rate;never have except for Ebay. I like posting comments because you can describe what you like about a certain photo. Facebook is an excellent idea. I'm kinda dumb so I probably won't be on it.I also don't like people on it who I haven't seen in ages asking me how my mom is doing. That is for people I trust and I don't like updates on which girlfriend my father is seeing now .I live in a small town and everybody knows everybody's business and word travels. However, if you guys like the Facebook idea then do it!