PDA

View Full Version : Low star ratings- who is the clown?

Falcon C
07-10-2010, 06:02 AM
I´m annoying with the low rantings that somebody grants. For the artist-collector is offensive one star ( TERRIBLE) when we see the effort and work behind the photo.
Really, I don´t care so much the stars, but qualify terrible is so hard. No oppinions in the comments space is enough or say it.
The stars ratings sistem must be changes: eliminated or no more anonymous.

Sorry for my bad english.

dancontrino
07-10-2010, 06:15 AM
Someone is doing it to you? If someone is doing it to you, Claudio, then its obviously an idiot. The rating system is good for someone who likes a shot, but might have trouble articulating the reason they love the shot. I ONLY use 5 blocks. For me, the criteria for a great shot is wide. Its been expressed here before...if you don't like a shot, move on. Can we also start enforcing the use of "Collections"? I appreciate everything posted here, but some items being posted do not meet the criteria for the "photos' section. The more people use the Collections section, the more people will meander there and comment.
As for the ratings bomber, its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage :p

Falcon C
07-10-2010, 06:29 AM
[QUOTE=dancontrino]Someone is doing it to you? If someone is doing it to you, Claudio, then its obviously an idiot. The rating system is good for someone who likes a shot, but might have trouble articulating the reason they love the shot. I ONLY use 5 blocks. For me, the criteria for a great shot is wide. Its been expressed here before...if you don't like a shot, move on. Can we also start enforcing the use of "Collections"? I appreciate everything posted here, but some items being posted do not meet the criteria for the "photos' section. The more people use the Collections section, the more people will meander there and comment.
As for the ratings bomber, its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage :p[/QUOTE]

hahaha Dan. I see the problem in agent viper, footloose, RTG.. maybe the brain of the clown is connect to the a$$.

rds13601
07-10-2010, 07:22 AM
I feel the star rating system should be eliminated because it is hurting people's feelings and making them angry. The point of the site is to post your work and let others see it. The site's pupose is to have fun and make contact with others who share the love of Gi Joe!! When people come away from the site being emotionally hurt.And I'm not perfect either, and I do have a history; then the rating system should go!!

footloose
07-10-2010, 08:00 AM
pic removed - Moderator

footloose
07-10-2010, 08:09 AM
[QUOTE=dancontrino]Someone is doing it to you? If someone is doing it to you, Claudio, then its obviously an idiot. The rating system is good for someone who likes a shot, but might have trouble articulating the reason they love the shot. I ONLY use 5 blocks. For me, the criteria for a great shot is wide. Its been expressed here before...if you don't like a shot, move on. Can we also start enforcing the use of "Collections"? I appreciate everything posted here, but some items being posted do not meet the criteria for the "photos' section. The more people use the Collections section, the more people will meander there and comment.
As for the ratings bomber, its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage :p[/QUOTE]

so youre saying since falcon ave me a 1 star (thats why this thread started to begin with) then he is its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage.

here is why this thread was started.
http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=28766&c=7

falcon gave me a one star on a pic. thats fine. you dont like the pic no big deal.
i respond to that with "gee thanx for rating my picture as terrible" and now we have a thread shit talking others.
nice

so who does this describe now "its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage"

footloose
07-10-2010, 08:15 AM
[QUOTE=rds13601]I feel the star rating system should be eliminated because it is hurting people's feelings and making them angry. The point of the site is to post your work and let others see it. The site's pupose is to have fun and make contact with others who share the love of Gi Joe!! When people come away from the site being emotionally hurt.And I'm not perfect either, and I do have a history; then the rating system should go!![/QUOTE]

i appreciate all opininons i recieve on my work. how else can one get better with out feed back. i take all postive and negative. FEEDBACK IS GOOD.

lets get one thing out of the way here as well. FALCON YOU DIDNT HURT MY FEELINGS WITH YOUR RATING. THATS NOT A BIG DEAL. the fact you started a thread and name dropped on myself and others is whats bugging me.
Falcon you have commented on plenty of my pics. Postive for the most part. your comment and rating did not offend me or bother me. however you dropping my name on this thread does.

Otto the Otter
07-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I haven't seen Footloose as a problem in an way, shape, or form. I've never seen him say anything bad about anyone's pictures, but then again I don't read every critique either. RTG has a bit of an attitude, but he's above doing something as childish as giving low ratings, same with Fireflyed. I'd like to think think with all the flack AgentViper has been catching lately that he's doing what he can to change people's opinions of him for the better.

As far as whomever is giving low ratings to good pictures, why? This site isn't a popularity contest, there's no year end prize money for whomever has the best rated photos.

I understand the concept of constructive critisizm, and not every picture is worth five stars, but giving a picture one star isn't constructive critisizm without an explanation, and even then, a one star photograph is an out of focus picture taken from a bad angle that's too dark and blends in with it's backgorund.

I admit, I like to see a four or five star rating on my pictures, but I'm more interested with what fellow board members have to say about them.

I like the idea of the stars not being annonymus, then the "One Star Bandit" would have to give their reasoning.

sithviper
07-10-2010, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=footloose]so youre saying since falcon ave me a 1 star (thats why this thread started to begin with) then he is its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage.

falcon gave me a one star on a pic. thats fine. you dont like the pic no big deal.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that from his comment at all, from what I got from reading his comment was that he was suprised that someone would gave that awsome shot one star.

pic removed - Moderator

Dude, Savage Dragon's hands are really that articulated :eek: thats cool :cool:

tycondrius23
07-10-2010, 08:54 AM
you know your probably forgetting that its possible its some pevv'd JD'er from ages back who could still have the ability to rate pics. main thing is you just can't tell. and pointing fingers will result in arguments again :(

Otto the Otter
07-10-2010, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=sithviper]I didn't get that from his comment at all, from what I got from reading his comment was that he was suprised that someone would gave that awsome shot one star.
:cool:[/QUOTE]
That's kinda what I was thinking.

cyko
07-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I thought they changed the rules so you had to write a comment in order to cast a vote on a photo. Maybe it's just my browser (Chrome). I was a bit confused when I'd see a 3 star rating with a comment raving about what a great photo it was.

Also, I can't say 5-stars is perfection. I cast only 5s really, since 4 is mediocre and 3 bums people out. 1 star must be an out-of-focus, webcam on your parents' Welcome doormat or something (I won't bother rating, cos you've gotta know it's a poor shot already). So a 5-star shot ranges from pretty damn good to outstanding. And I'll tell you what I think anyway.

footloose
07-10-2010, 09:32 AM
falcon if i miss read your comment then i appologize. but if i have then please let me know that i have

footloose
07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
i agree with you guys on the ratings. it should not be annonomys. you should have to leave your opinion if youre going to rate a pic and say why you think it deserves the rating of whatever you decide to give to that pic

footloose
07-10-2010, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=Falcon Chile]hahaha Dan. I see the problem in agent viper, footloose, RTG.. maybe the brain of the clown is connect to the a$$.[/QUOTE]

this is what i have a problem with

Falcon C
07-10-2010, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=footloose]so youre saying since falcon ave me a 1 star (thats why this thread started to begin with) then he is its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage.

falcon gave me a one star on a pic. thats fine. you dont like the pic no big deal.
i respond to that with "gee thanx for rating my picture as terrible" and now we have a thread shit talking others.
nice

so who does this describe now "its obviously someone with an inferiority complex, small penis and some brain damage"[/QUOTE]

NO NO NO. all is wrong ! I never give one star for you. When I see one star in your shot got me the attention. "Why" a cool pic in rating so bad? who was? somebody this giving bad stars and you´re one more with the problem.
Dan and me says that words for the bad guy..who is?

snakeeyes
07-10-2010, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=sithviper]I didn't get that from his comment at all, from what I got from reading his comment was that he was suprised that someone would gave that awsome shot one star.

I didn't get it too Sith :confused:

Dude, Savage Dragon's hands are really that articulated :eek: thats cool :cool:[/QUOTE]

:D :D :D :D

Otto the Otter
07-10-2010, 10:07 AM
[QUOTE=Falcon Chile]NO NO NO. all is wrong ! I never give one star for you. When I see one star in your shot got me the attention. "Why" a cool pic in rating so bad? who was? somebody this giving bad stars and you´re one more with the problem.
Dan and me says that words for the bad guy..who is?[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is you saw the problem, a low star rating, on pictures posted by Footloose, AgentViper and RTG, you not saying these guys are the problem.
We can just chalk that little misunderstanding to "Lost in Translation"

footloose
07-10-2010, 10:19 AM
my appologies then to Falcon. Lost in translation is correct.
looks like there is a mysterious 1 starer out there. who is this evil person

rds13601
07-10-2010, 10:32 AM
I think Footloose you do great stuff, I like the crross over stuff. Your skillss are without question. You and everybody else do a great job. Now that we know someone is being a jerk and just giving one star for everybody's pictures it shouldn't carry as much weight. Just think of him as the one star jerk and move on

Roland da Thompson Gunner
07-10-2010, 10:47 AM
profanity removed - Moderator

Hammerfel
07-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Enough with the language.

Hammerfel
07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I'm going to turn off the rating system. It is more trouble than it is worth. If you like a pic or dio, say so by posting a reply.

Thread locked.