PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of WIPs in Progress That I'm Working On

Otto the Otter
07-07-2010, 06:34 PM
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/ottotheotter/DSCN5703.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f298/ottotheotter/DSCN5596.jpg

Both of these trucks are some of the few toys I have left from my childhood. The cab-over I got when I was in first grade, around 1978 or there abouts. The conventional I got in third grade. As a kid I loved trucks and so I had plenty of them. When I got into Joes, these trucks were part of my Joe team, though back then I didn't know anything about customizing and painting.

The cab-over is an ARBCO truck painted in flat black and the decals are from Cobra Stickers. I didn't realize how small the decals were so I'm going to have to hand paint the logo for the trailer. The trailer for this thing is awesome too, I'll post pictures when it gets painted. I have the busted part of the bumper, I just need to glue it on and repaint it. On both trucks the exaust stacks were broken from the the thicker part on up, so I drilled out the top and put a McDonald's straw in there and it works just fine, kinda gives it the look of what we truck drivers call straight pipes or fat pipes. Essentially just a wider pipe, looks cooler, gives a few more ponies under the hood.

The conventional is just your run of the mill tractor trailer set up. It's a bolster truck, so the trailer really isn't good for anything more than hauling logs (it came with three plastic logs, I've added a few wood ones as well), but the racks do make for a nice place to set my Moray, so it can double as a hydrofoil hauler. I'm working on a flat bed I can place on the back of this truck to use as a cargo/troop carrier. Using some of the exisiting holes in the frame I can mount the flatbed. A friend of mine said she'd build a cool bumper and brush guard set up for the front. The decals are from a HISS, the Steel Crusher and one I had custom made from a shop on eBay.

Unfortunately the doors don't open, but when I took them apart to paint them, I saw the seats were a bit on the small side and I'd have to take the figures apart to seat them in there.

Rambo
07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I like trucks too. :)

Death_at_Midnight
07-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I like the black truck especially.