PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Ranger_22
12-21-2006, 02:41 AM
Why did you choose the avatar you have now?
I chose Beachhead because he's my favorite joe!

NemesisEnforcerFan
12-21-2006, 04:03 AM
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]I can't argue.. it utterly futile to do so.. I have seen cobra la.. and NemesisEnforcer is my hero.. so thats why I have chosen the forum name and avatar.[/COLOR][/FONT] :D

Blowtorch
12-21-2006, 07:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/desertrat197/2084.jpg

Can you guess who my favorite Joe is?

bluestalker88
12-21-2006, 07:42 AM
I chose mine cause destro is my favorite gi joe character, and my name cause I used to use one like it on other boards. oh and blowtorch I'm gonna say duke :p jk its blowtorch

Nick

Self-Modifier
12-21-2006, 08:03 AM
I originally had Slice because he's my fave Cobra, but now I have the Baroness and Ravage to advertise my crossover, and because Baroness is scant millimeters behind Slice as my second-favorite Cobra.

Ravage, however, doesn't really make the list of my favorite Decepticons, but he and Baroness were together in the pic, so there you go.

Sonneilon
12-21-2006, 08:13 AM
I tend to change it around. From Gaius Baltar to Pinky to... Well, let's just say over on JBL and MSN, I have Pepe the King Prawn.

Sephron13
12-21-2006, 09:27 AM
I really like Shipwreck a lot; always have, even as a kid I appreciated his humor and general demeanor. I think he was handled very well in the comics and cartoons. Yay for Hector!!!

Blowtorch
12-21-2006, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Sephron13]I really like Shipwreck a lot; always have, even as a kid I appreciated his humor and general demeanor. I think he was handled very well in the comics and cartoons. Yay for Hector!!![/QUOTE]

You're right Shipwreck was (is) very well developed character.

Outrider
12-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I change my avatar fairly regularly just to keep things fresh. Sometimes I use a photo from the US Civil War (because I'm into that), other times I'll just come up with whatever I feel like at the time. My current avatar is a tribute to Clint Eastwood, for all the great movies he has given us. :)

Stormer
12-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Mine is a picture of myself from Halloween 2004 :)

Mobius_1
12-21-2006, 12:32 PM
............. I'm an Ace Combat 4 nerd............. :cool:

snakeeater
12-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Like some other people, I used a pic of my favorite Joe as an avatar. I took it from the card art for the new Lt. Falcon figure, which I thought was pretty cool, and as far as I know, I'm the first, and only, person to use it.

http://photos.yojoe.com/showphoto.php?photo=2162&cat=574

Ranger_22
12-21-2006, 05:15 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]I change my avatar fairly regularly just to keep things fresh. Sometimes I use a photo from the US Civil War (because I'm into that), other times I'll just come up with whatever I feel like at the time. My current avatar is a tribute to Clint Eastwood, for all the great movies he has given us. :)[/QUOTE]

Outrider your best avatar is the one with mojojojo mixed up with Dr. Mindbender. I like that one because you had that when I first joined in september.

The Faceless Master
12-21-2006, 07:41 PM
I always liked Firefly
this is the ONLY unmasked version of him that i could find :)

Outrider
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=Ranger_22]Outrider your best avatar is the one with mojojojo mixed up with Dr. Mindbender. I like that one because you had that when I first joined in september.[/QUOTE]

Lol! :D That's one of my faves, too. I'll put it back on soon!

ender098
12-21-2006, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]Lol! :D That's one of my faves, too. I'll put it back on soon![/QUOTE]

Don't you dare! I love the Clint Eastwood thing! LOL!

Why did I chosse mine? Well, I'm a Marine. I also work in Computers, but I still have yet to find a cool "MainFrame" Avatar.

C-GDSM 2487
12-22-2006, 12:50 AM
I found this one ideal for me.. as i was in the coldstream guards
i do like crimson vipers..

robuk :eek:

Self-Modifier
12-22-2006, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=The Faceless Master]I always liked Firefly
this is the ONLY unmasked version of him that i could find :)[/QUOTE]

There are some good unmasked Firefly pics in the Marvel issue where he shows up in his green uniform. I've always found the one where he pulls his mask off to be very menacing.

Swindle
12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Well, a few months ago or so, I wanted to make animated avatars and found a program to do so.

So, I made a bunch. I actually went overboard on many.

So, when I tried to upload one on this site, it was too big. Anyway, I made this tiny Bazooka avatar of him using a yo-yo and showing off his baseball card. I like having amusing pics usually as my avatar. I believe this is from the funhouse episode.

Sonneilon
12-22-2006, 02:56 PM
[QUOTE=The Faceless Master]I always liked Firefly
this is the ONLY unmasked version of him that i could find :)[/QUOTE]

Is that who that is. Funny, he doesn't look very Vietnamese. :eek:

The Faceless Master
01-01-2007, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]There are some good unmasked Firefly pics in the Marvel issue where he shows up in his green uniform. I've always found the one where he pulls his mask off to be very menacing.[/QUOTE]
PM me some links buddy!! Altho I do like this pic :cool:
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Is that who that is. Funny, he doesn't look very Vietnamese. :eek:[/QUOTE]
LOL!! Tell me about it...

Bayer
01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
I chose my avatar because it is the first draft of the Unit insignia that I am developing.

Southzen
01-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Let me spell it out... L! S! U! We are college football nuts in the wife's and my family. We love LSU the most; season ticket holders for some time now. I picked the avatar because I think it is fun and a creative thing I came up with. The helmet exist in reality; that is a picture of the prototype when I was creating it. I wear it to games that have tolerable weather because that thing is d@mn hot to wear in an already sweltering Tiger Stadium. In short, we came up with it after seeing a few other people dressed up as super heros and other pop culture figures (my favs were Spider-man and the Blues Brothers). Over time, I hope to have a whole costume. I also hope to inspire other idiots like me to make school themed characters. And it doesn't hurt that we like Star Wars. I think the Avatar is original, and if people don't remember the name, they will remember LSU Vader.

Dersham
01-01-2007, 05:08 PM
I kind of look like my Avatar or at least face wise anyway. Though I wear glasses. And I think Ninja wise I like Stormshadow more, maybe its because he talks so we can see that wise combat mentality of his. Also he's Japanese and though I'm half its close.

Lightning LA
01-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I change mine every now and then also,i'm a big Viper Fan and i like just about every Version.The Versions i like the best are all the one's they made out of the V-1 mold,and then all the Versions made with V-6 Viper mold.I want to get at least 10 of each Version based on that mold ,and the new Viper Pit's are at the top of my list also.

Mr. Muskrat
08-26-2007, 09:55 AM
went with destro cause there wasnt a muskrat one and destro is the man

General Scarlett
08-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Do you really want to know???? :p

sithviper
08-26-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Do you really want to know???? :p[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Well it is a toughie :p :D

Right now I'm using Flippy from the Happy Tree Friends

Scarrviper
08-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Mine is Ben Gardener from JAWS. http://retrocrush.buzznet.com/scary/07.html

sithviper
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]Mine is Ben Gardener from JAWS. http://retrocrush.buzznet.com/scary/07.html[/QUOTE]

I was wondering what that was

Scarrviper
08-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Well now you know. (Someone chime in now :p )

Blowtorch
08-26-2007, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Scarrviper]Well now you know. (Someone chime in now :p )[/QUOTE]
And knowing is half the battle....GI Joe

Mine use to be this http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/desertrat197/2084.jpg
I made my current one awhile back haven't thought of changing it.

Flatline
08-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I Chose Mine Because He Is My Fav Figureof All Time

Renegade
08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Lowlight is cool, thus I needed to have a Lowlight Av. Oh yes