PDA

View Full Version : So whatsa happening...

Sonneilon
12-15-2006, 10:06 AM
...in your world of GI Joe? What are you doing with it? Taking 1-shots? Working on a dio? Still figuring out how the Plague will work? Red Zone's already dead? Surefire get a new haircut? Go ahead, shoot away.

ToneGunsRevisited
12-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Here COBRA is working to create small cells around the world. Of course G.I. Joe is trying to stop them with the help of other armies around the world, but they are failing. Some of G.I. Joe operatives are M.I.A. what means that the ranks are diminishing.

COBRA wans't and never will be a dump organization ruled by a madman. It's a organization ruled by a visionary man (of course to our eyes he's a madman, but not stupid). The army isn't that special, but can beat regular armies by the number. Now with the Plague Troopers begining to run active COBRA is being more and more sucessful on his intentions.

Soon COBRA will try to invade a country somewhere and this maybe can start a war and COBRA will use his Cells around the world to keep many Countries busy. So they'll not be able to stop COBRA.

G.I. Joe commander Gen. Hawk it's on his final stress moment coordinating the actions around the world. Part of the team is workin' on bringing back the missed Joes and the other part of the group is workin' on stop COBRA cells. The joes aren't able to see the whole sitiuation 'cuz they aren't focused in the wrong direction.

Here in my 'verse Steel Brigade is part of the G.I. Joe team workin' for the U.N. They are around the world doing what they've to do to help U.N. on he's task.

Soon when news shows up I'll let you guys know.

Outrider
12-15-2006, 11:48 AM
ToneGuns made a good point there which I have always agreed with. Cobra Commander may be a megalomaniac, but he isn't stupid. You couldn't build and maintain an organisation as large and effective as Cobra if you were a fool. That's why I always hated the cartoons, with CC portrayed as a vain, bumbling moron who was always being saved by Destro or Zartan. It's the same with the Cobra legions. In my 'verse they are highly trained, well equipped and disciplined, and formidable opponents whom the joes would never take lightly.
As for the actual topic of this forum (sorry for getting off topic there!) I'm looking forward to having some leave over Christmas so I can really concentrate on banging out some decent pics. Still got a lot of vehicle customisation on the "to-do" list as well! :)

Ranger_22
12-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Same with me with CC. But in my version, Cobra is just Terrorist group who wants to take the world by small terrorist attacks or planned out military operations. No Cobra Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And CC is a human! The joes are the same trying to stop cobra as always. SE and SS are the ONLY ninjas in the action.

Bayer
12-17-2006, 05:45 PM
I'm of a slightly different tact. Cobra is a covert military aspect of a much larger organization. CC is not only human, but not only quite competent as a military planner, but also a logistics expert. As has been stated, Cobra is too large to be led by the imbicile depicted in the animations.

As I said, Cobra is the covert military element of an organization that ranges from espionage and sabotage to insurrection and extortion. James Bond's SPECTRE meets the Umbrella Corporation, with a little Ra's al Ghul and Dr. Sin (original Johnny Quest from the '60's) thrown in. SPECIAL COUNTER-TERRORIST GROUP DELTA – GI JOE is the American answer to growing terrorism both within the country and anywhere American interests are threatened. My focus however is not our Real American Heroes. Instead, I focus on General Colton's old organization Adventure Team and a specialized group that works under the AT area of influence. It is this group's job to handle the situations that are too delicate or too "extraordinary" for the regular Delta team to handle. Scientists and Special Operations combined.

Gatilho
12-18-2006, 02:36 AM
Unfortunately due some problems I did nothing these last months what doesn't means that Cobra is doing nothing too.

In few weeks I'll restart my first dio-history which is needing a scenario that I still not found.

And yes ... in my joeverse CC is not a stupid leader throwing money in the trash. He is a charismatic leader with a legion of followers or something like this. :)

Gatilho

Stormer
12-18-2006, 03:27 AM
I basically follow the comics, so anything I come up with is worked around that. I'm really hoping I can get some actual dio-stories done as I do have some ideas, so I don't want to go into detail here and spoil any surprises! I just got made redundant so at least I might have a bit more spare time for a while...!

If & when I get my stories done, they'll be similar to snakeeater's in that they'll take place as a "meanwhile" to the America's Elite series. When I get going they may have to go off on their own, though, if the comics do something that invalidates any of mine; for instance, I did get some pics taken to start off my story but I'm gonna have to redo them because I was using Recondo...