PDA

View Full Version : Favorite movie/Mini-Series

Otto the Otter
05-05-2010, 01:19 PM
What is your favorite G.I.*JOE movie/mini-series?

pbarny1701
05-05-2010, 01:36 PM
Going with the original. Face it, without it the line would have died sooner, and nothing else made afterwards would've ever came into being.

troopsofdoom
05-05-2010, 02:50 PM
RESOLUTE! It think it was the best all-around representation of GI Joe. It wasn't perfect but the only way we'll get the perfect movie/cartoon is if Hasbro puts me in charge. :p

cyko
05-05-2010, 06:57 PM
I voted for the "MASS Device" because it's the only place I can really see the original Joes in action. I don't really get tired of rewatching it either. "The Weather Dominator" is good, and definitely a classic, but it's more polished and similar to the series that developed.

As an adult, "Resolute" is how I'd like to see Joes & Cobras animated. Simply for one thing: bullets. When I saw the preview where Roadblock was unleashing hell and it wasn't [COLOR=Red]lazer beans[/COLOR], I knew I'd like it regardless of the story. The story was pretty good, too; I would pay to watch a season like that. Damn, I wish the new HISS looked more like the one in "Resolute"!

ender098
05-05-2010, 07:47 PM
I have to say Resolute...yeah, I was kinda turned off by the anime-ish sequences, but the adult oriented action was awesome....the cartoons were cool as a kid,but I've outgrown that.....and Rise of Cobra was ok, but it was TOO futuristic....and needed to be a little closer to real life....but that's my HUMBLE OPINION!

Death_at_Midnight
05-05-2010, 08:29 PM
MASS Device! First choice. The second choice is Resolute.

Even to this day I'm remembering the voices, the visuals, everything about the characters that evolved with me through the years, starting with the Mass Device. The way Cobra Commander elongated the "sss" in things. The way he through his staff thing to Destro (I thought Destro was going to hit him). Destro's booming voice, and how he took on Scarlet. The Cobra gliders.. you don't see them now days, but they were cool. The style of the Cobra base....

Resolute I liked because it was more real and gritty, but didn't like some things. the styling to Destro especially, and the anime-style for some things, but I could live with that. Female Dialtone, and Tunnel Rat zooming off into low earth orbit instead of crawling around tunnels. Thought there would be more appropriate Joe's for that mission. And Duke's attitude was just angry at everyone. But I liked Resolute, just not as much as the MASS Device.

--Death

Roland da Thompson Gunner
05-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Resolute would've been better if it A. wasn't so rushed B. Made the deaths meaningful C. did things that made sense, why the hell was the FLAGG which was populated by like 800 support staff left with a fire on it for half the damn series?

MASS Device was the best

yorktownjoe
05-05-2010, 10:16 PM
I liked MASS Device and Weather Dominator as a kid, and to watch with my kids. I like Resolute to watch myself, but it's too much for little kids. I like watching cartoon terrorists get their due...but I don't think kids need that yet. Teens on up would enjoy it though. I suspend disbelief, and enjoy it for entertainment sake...

ToneGunsRevisited
05-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm the only one voting for Rise of Cobra =P.

Self-Modifier
05-06-2010, 09:15 AM
"The MASS Device" has always been my favorite. I have a soft spot for "Revenge of Cobra" also, but "MASS" was there first. Everything was exciting and new then, and it had a sort of 1930's movie serial vibe to it, which I love (though "Revenge" had that too). Plus, the cast was relatively small, so everyone had a moment to shine. Oh, and Duke was indisputably the main character for perhaps the only time in the cartoon!

I swear, I never get tired of that mini. I watch it probably once a year (or once every other year at the most). As soon as it starts, I feel like a kid again!

pbarny1701
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Roland da Thompson Gunner]Resolute would've been better if it A. wasn't so rushed B. Made the deaths meaningful C. did things that made sense, why the hell was the FLAGG which was populated by like 800 support staff left with a fire on it for half the damn series?

MASS Device was the best[/QUOTE]

I agree with most, I do understand the "rushed" aspect. Also, given that it was a Microseries, why was 1/3 of it devoted to Snake-eyes and Stormshadow who had no bearing on plot story line beyond setting it up so Snake Eyes saves the day in the finale?