PDA

View Full Version : What if there was no more Joe?

Sonneilon
12-05-2006, 12:20 PM
*taken directly from the JBL; originally posted by Jinx. And take a look at AdrienVeidt's comments. :D *

Blame Hasbro, not the fans! No wait, blame the fans, not Hasbro!!! (http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Just out of curiosity what would you do if there was no more G.I. Joe. Hasbro decides to not release Wave 4 of DTC, all Sigma 6 stuff stopped showing up at stores, the comics & cartoons were canceled, even The G.I. Joe Collectors Club closed there doors (no conventions). Hasbro just finally said "F*** it, there's no pleasing these guys." WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

ender098
12-05-2006, 12:57 PM
I'd have to quit bitching at Hasbro's incompetence in marketing GI Joe and giving it the treatmen it deserves!

Then I'd retire and become a beach bum...or a Giggilo, whichever was less work!

Self-Modifier
12-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Since I barely collect Joes any more as it is, I suppose I'd go about my life as usual, buying Transformers and Marvel Legends and enjoying the Joes I already have.

ToneGunsRevisited
12-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I would be seen more often at eBay. And keep playing with the Joes I've don't forgeting to buy the PTE stuff that I like too. * I can imagine my big greenshirt army* :eek:

Dersham
12-05-2006, 02:14 PM
I think the beach bum would require less work, unless you want to be a bad giggilo. As for losing GI JOE, I suppose I go into a strange set of depression as I did in the 90s when I thought that GI JOE was gone forever, man those were some sad days. But then I'd probably just keep buying stuff online like I have been and acquiring joes wherever I could. But i suppose I would have more money since I would be buying less joe stuff. It would be sad if Hasbro did stop making GI JOE but for the moment it feels like they have. Maybe they're waiting for some resurgence of GI JOE popularity though who knows where that'll come from.

Ranger_22
12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
I would be more into Star Wars and have so many more clones and droids. And I would invest most of my money into paintball like crazy. I would probably go every weekend. But no Joes! :( AHHHHHHHHHHH!

NemesisEnforcerFan
12-05-2006, 06:05 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]You know this is weird... but I think it would do them good not to focus on it.. I mean.. I havent been that stoked about their releases anyway.
Hasbro dont really care about collectors or fans.. I have proof.. if they cared they wouldnt make money .. they are a business and their business side of attentions hasnt been on joes for a while.
If hasbro stopped making GIJOE It wouldnt affect me so bad.. I'm very addaptive so I would probably continue buying off ebay and then probably do something else with my money.. its a hobby at the end of the day.. its not a life.[/COLOR][/FONT]

snakeeater
12-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, I'd be disappointed if Wave 4 was cancelled cause I'm looking forward to getting Falcon, as well as a few Night Vipers, and maybe an Airtight. And it would be depressing to have no new stuff coming out. I may not buy the Sigma Six stuff, but I really enjoy seeing it show up in other's dios.

As for the comic or toons, well if there is no more fiction out there, I've still got Joedios.com to read some pretty cool stories (for free :) ), often more enjoyable than ones I spend $3 a month for.

I think I'd get by fine. I've got plenty of things for my own dios and I've got other hobbies as well.

Outrider
12-05-2006, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Just out of curiosity what would you do if there was no more G.I. Joe. Hasbro decides to not release Wave 4 of DTC, all Sigma 6 stuff stopped showing up at stores, the comics & cartoons were canceled, even The G.I. Joe Collectors Club closed there doors (no conventions). Hasbro just finally said "F*** it, there's no pleasing these guys." WHAT WOULD YOU DO?[/QUOTE]

Actually thinking about it makes it seem not so bad. No more Sigma 6? Never been into it anyway. Comics cancelled? The DD stuff has never been a shadow of the Marvel run, and I stopped buying it a couple of years ago. Cartoons? Never aired in Australia, so nothing to miss there. About all I would miss would be the convention figures (mostly pretty darn awesome), and probably the Night Vipers and Cobra Officers from wave 4. My Joe collection is large enough that I would never run out of photo fodder anyway. I would probably end up army building via eBay, buying more vehicles to modify, and devoting more time to my other neglected non-Joe hobbies. :)

snipesfg17
12-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I would be able to save more money. I spend a lot on my collection and the new hasbro releases. I would probably turn to Ebay to fill out my ranks and then just cruise like I did for a long time in the 90s with what I have.

nando
12-23-2006, 02:12 PM
not again that happend in the 90 s , in my country is really hard to find gijoe figures so , thanks to the web i can get them ... WELL is that happend maybe im going to check some other stuff like marvel legends ...lol