PDA

View Full Version : Diostory comic question.

rnrhero
12-19-2009, 07:06 PM
I have been thinking for a while about doing a Comic style dio story. Well it occured to me a couple days ago that the local Joelanta convention is put on for a local charity. I was thinking that I could produce the Dio Comic for that. My main worry is, what if any would be legal issues with Hasbro since it is for non profit?

ThinkTank
12-19-2009, 09:25 PM
I think you will be ok. There's lots of fan produced stories, dios and everything else out there already. I think as long as you are not making any money from your work or misrepresent who makes it, there is no legal issue at all. But, I'm not a lawyer, I just play one on TV.

zedhatch
12-19-2009, 11:27 PM
I have heard some tales of fan creations hitting a few issues like that in the early days, but my understanding is that once you buy the toys they are "your property" and what you do with them is your business. In other words any fan creations are pretty well up to the fans. I know some people would get C&D orders in the early days, really those are nothing anyway. Mr Kennedy gets them all the time from WWE LOL.

jcast
12-22-2009, 09:12 PM
As long as you're not trying to make a prophit off of it, you should be fine.

rnrhero
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
I am getting a price quote this week. I hope to have something that I can put together for Joelanta this year in March. Cutting it close I know. It will be a crossover kinda comedy book for this one. I will be using taking a lot of shots of my buddies WWII era 12in figures for it but will be putting some 3 3/4 in for good measure. As long as it is not to over priced I will be going for it. I hope to post some pics of this in the near future.