PDA

View Full Version : Separating 25th/RoC torsos

Stormer
11-27-2009, 05:12 PM
Kinda late in the game to be asking this, but -- those of you who've done any customs using 25th- or RoC-construction figures, is there an easy way to remove the upper torso from the abdomen/pelvis? Or do you have to resort to cutting & re-gluing the two halves of the upper torso?

The particular figure that's prompting me to ask is Reactive Impact Armor Scarlett -- I'd like to take her belt off without cutting or over-stretching it and the way to do that seems to be by removing her upper torso. I've tugged at it a bit but it obviously isn't coming off as easily as a head, and I didn't want to try and force it in case I'm going to snap something.

Thanks!

silencer
12-11-2009, 10:06 PM
http://media.photobucket.com/image/hasbro%2025th%20joe%20custom%20disassembly%20guide/ronin_tsv/25bfc768.jpg

Hasbro recommends a small hammer.

I think a lot of people use a blade or vice though. Haven't tried myself yet.

Stormer
12-12-2009, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the info!

So cutting or cracking apart is the only way to go... That's relatively easy I guess, it's just the gluing back together that I'd find a bind, worrying about making a mess of it and also about making it harder if I ever wanted to take it apart again! Why couldn't they have just kept with the back-screw...