PDA

View Full Version : If you didn't read America's Elite #17 DO NOT OPEN THIS THREAD

ToneGunsRevisited
11-26-2006, 05:14 PM
So, if you are here you had read. With this in mind my question is:

Did Firefly, Copperhead, Scrap Iron, Zarana and Wild Weasel improved their abilities after being trained by Gen. Ray for the raid against G.I. Joe?

Firefly was, to me, in a high level, but did the military training upgrade Zarana, that seamed the lowest level on that group?

LordRaven
11-26-2006, 05:26 PM
Agreed, they musta got some serious training with Rey. I mean, with CC workin in the WhiteHouse, he could have ordered them to get any kinda training.

Dersham
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
I was hoping to get to talk about this, that issue blew my socks off. I thought that Snake Eater did look a lot like Firefly but I couldn't really be a hundred percent certain of it, I think it was the grey mask to be honest. Then I went back and looked at my issues and found it funny that Snake Eater asked Gen Ray about his pay check and said he was having issues with it. What a mercenary, haha. And then there was that little bit a panel or two before that when Friday is Talking to Mech and she calls him something but Mech's dialogue bubble covers it, which can only let us assume that he has some other name. Crazy turn of events though I loved it.
As for extra training, yeah it looks like they got it. I wouldn't think Firefly would need it but then I guess extra training can't hurt. This definetely hads a new dimension to their lethality. Also, why didn't Duke kill Copperhead when he had the chance? That just doesn't sit with me.

ToneGunsRevisited
11-27-2006, 06:53 AM
[QUOTE=Dersham] Also, why didn't Duke kill Copperhead when he had the chance? That just doesn't sit with me.[/QUOTE]
That's the poit. You are face to face with a terrorist. He is well trained and is a big part of the COBRA organization, please, just put a bullet inside his head!

And Zarana looks better with long hair and not her last pink hair. ;)

Stormer
11-27-2006, 08:07 AM
I liked the way this played out. I would certainly think the Phoenix Guard members would now have a few more skills from training for this assignment, especially Zarana who's never really displayed evidence of any kind of formal military training.

I was trying to work out who the members of the Guard really were - I'd got Mech pegged as Scrap-Iron pretty much from the get-go, that bit of dialogue bubble cover-up let you see the "Sc." Part of me was hoping they'd do more with the "Phoenix" aspect of the name, the whole rising from the ashes of death thing, and the Phoenix Guard could have been Cobras from the freighter under the volcano brought back through Mindbender's cloning technology. That idea was mainly from reading High-Tide's dossier and thinking it sounded like he could be Croc-Master...

Dersham
11-27-2006, 02:20 PM
That would've been an awesome idea Stormer, the rising from the ashes thing really would've been a lot cooler. Did it show Sc, I didn't see that very closely but then I guess they couldn't let this come right out of nowhere, there had to be a little hint or else it would make it too unbelieveable when the twist came around.