PDA

View Full Version : Where to find cheap greens?

Stalker
10-30-2009, 09:20 AM
--- Like trees, logs, bushes, hedges, grass mats...

I'm not sure how much I should be paying for these dio set pieces, but I'd like to find them as cheap as possible (plus shipping). Also, I live in NYC if anyone has suggestions about hobby shops or wholesalers in the area.

Help me out Joedios! This is like my first post. If I can find this stuff I can get back to diomaking!

Dreadnok Dread
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=Stalker]--- Like trees, logs, bushes, hedges, grass mats...

I'm not sure how much I should be paying for these dio set pieces, but I'd like to find them as cheap as possible (plus shipping). Also, I live in NYC if anyone has suggestions about hobby shops or wholesalers in the area.

Help me out Joedios! This is like my first post. If I can find this stuff I can get back to diomaking![/QUOTE]

tokyo toy store will have some cool stuff. Pearls art will have most of the stuff you need, I make my own trees use the same techniques that vader9900 has in the how to's. thats the cheapest way. a bag of green mush should run you 5 to 7 bucks in nyc, the rocks you can make from molds and hydrocal then paint them, manhattan trian and hobby 14 W 45th St, New York, NY is a good store the guys in there are solid people havent been in there in a couple of years though. If I was in nyc i would go to canal st/china town and ask around thats the cheapest down there and the flea markets! peace meng!

ender098
11-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I haven't been to NYC, but here's some advice: Thrift Stores! Look for Aquarium accessories, old plastic foliage, small plastic plants...Salvation Army, Goodwill, etc. ALWAYS has tons of Tacky stuff! Also try Michaels or Hobby Lobby...look in the clearence Aisles! Also PetCo, PetSmart, etc...look in the aquarium aisles and look for Clearence stuff! And Finally, Deppartment Stores...the Craft Sections of Walmart, Big Lots, Etc sell tons of green foliage.....

If none of that works for ya, try flea Markets, or (heaven Forbid!) go to Hobby Stores....with the economy on the rock, they have to be some "Going out of business" Sales around!

Hope that helped!

savage21
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
also you can try using dollar tree i have found they have a good deal on fake plants. I used them to decorate my army helmet but thts besides the point.

the commander
11-17-2010, 12:10 PM
I live in N.Y.C. also and hobby shops are near impossible to find what I could suggest is try Michaels they have all kinds of stuff. there is one around 100st. and columbus av. in manhattan.