PDA

View Full Version : wave 4

bravo
11-15-2006, 12:31 PM
What do yo think of the new joes comming on wave 4
first off ,Lt Falcon. that looks nothing like him.
then theres outback,hes cool ,but he looks like that guy from NicklBack, Chad Kroeger . then theres AirTight.on the cobras theres Munitia.i dont know nothing about her yet.what do you guys think on wave 4????? :)

Sonneilon
11-15-2006, 12:57 PM
We've been waiting for Wave4 for almost a year. The hard release date was Easter but that never happened. But we've known about it for a long time before that.

Falcon... I like the guy and will eventually pick a couple up just cuz it's him. Otherwise, his figure blows. Talk about using the wrong mold.

Airtight. Reusing the DTC Barrel Roll figure. Uh... It's a nice nod to those who want him. I even like Airtight but alas, he's not for me.

Outback. Some say he looks like Jesus. Some say James Hetfield. Some say Undertaker. Either way, I like the update on him. Finally gave him some muscle and a very gnarly look. Too bad his shirt STILL says Survival. That's about as lame as Bombstrike's shirt saying GI Joe.

Nite Viper. Take the Airborne mold and what do you get? A figure that's better than the original. But yet, something falls short. I do believe these will look better in bigger #s and well, I'm not interested in building them. I'll eventually nab 1 and use it as a character.

Munitia. There's this funny idea that Firefly actually hires out his thugging. Munitia is simply part of a trio that involves sabateurs. I forgot who the 2nd guy was. I almost want to say Blackout but don't quote me on that.

Cobra Officer. I like it. But it wasn't worth holding my 3.75" dio up for them.

At this point, I don't really care about wave4. When it comes out, it comes out. It's no big deal to me. I have other things to look forward to AND I can do my dios as is. :D

bravo
11-15-2006, 01:03 PM
hay Sonneilon have you seen any of the other joes comming out in wave 4?

Sonneilon
11-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Other than those 6? The Viper Pit and the Steel Brigade were the 6-packs and whate'er just came out in the comic packs were part of Wave4.

Joe stuff from 2006 Con (http://www.joebattlelines.com/images/joecon/2006/dtc/dtcgallery/index.htm)

ToneGunsRevisited
11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Outback is a crossover between Jesus and W. Axl Rose (from Guns N'Roses to the guys that didn't lived the 80's)

I'll buy 4 from the Nite Vipers.

Don't care for the others.

ender098
11-15-2006, 05:01 PM
My take on wave 4:

Falcon: Should be a repaint of Lt. Gorky. Looks more like Soviet Naval Infantry than an American Green Beret!

Outback: Looks like Donald Gibb, you know Ogre from "Revenge of the Nerds" or Jean Claude VanDamm's friend on Bloodsport. I can just hear him saying "Survial....SURVIVAL" Like Ogre said "Nerds?...NERDS!!!" LOL!

Airtight : Ok, you got one figure that's decent!

Munitia: A Younger less Aristocratic Baroness?

Night Viper: Go ahead, F**k up a perfectly good figure with a terrible mold!

Cobra Officer: Didn't we just see Cobra Soldiers in the last wave? Well, I suppose we should have seen it coming!

Still, I'm going to get them all, completionist that I am! I can't stand passing up a figure, only to find out that even though I thought he looked stupid, he fits in somewhere in my JoeVerse. And I'm getting the obligatory 10 each of the army builers sets! Damn me!!

rnrhero
11-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I will get a few of the army builders and was thinking of getting some Falcons to use for customs to form a green beret team. The rest do nothing for me at all.

Outrider
11-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll pick up 3 or 4 Cobra Officers and at least 8 Night Vipers. The rest? Maybe, maybe not.