PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro 2009 Round 2 Q&A Answers

HissCommander
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Well i tried to post all the answers from all the sites so far but it said i went over my text limit?

Anyways, we are compiling all the answers from every site if you would like to check it out.

If a MOD or ADMIN would like to cut and paste from our site feel free, as i tried to post this here anyways.

http://www.theterrordrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=174&t=2991

Also GeneralsJoes has an great navigation tool for finding the answers as well

http://generalsjoes.com/qanda.html

Jay
05-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Nice central hubs for Q&As. Looking forward to seeing the rest get posted.

And, as I predicted.. a LOT of Resolute questions. :p

HissCommander
05-15-2009, 03:15 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]Nice central hubs for Q&As. Looking forward to seeing the rest get posted.

And, as I predicted.. a LOT of Resolute questions. :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just did a ton of updates

HissCommander
05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
tons of updates. looks like all but 2 sites are in now.

Jay
05-15-2009, 08:12 PM
You missed the answer, or should I say the NON-answer, to JoeDios's question #3.

Seriously. My question could be summed up as "Playsets today suck. Your playsets suck. Your new PIT playset sucks. You ever plan on making playsets that don't suck ever again?" and their answer was "Buy our PIT! It doesn't suck!". :rolleyes:

HissCommander
05-15-2009, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]You missed the answer, or should I say the NON-answer, to JoeDios's question #3.

Seriously. My question could be summed up as "Playsets today suck. Your playsets suck. Your new PIT playset sucks. You ever plan on making playsets that don't suck ever again?" and their answer was "Buy our PIT! It doesn't suck!". :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

just fixed that, thanks for the heads up.

lThat answer was the biggest song and dance ever. your summary was spot on lol these Q&A are laughable

Prince Adam
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Yeah, all they really did was plug the movie with that last one. I personally do not think the Pitt will sell. Very few kids will be able to get the Pitt and I don't imagine it'll be to popular amongst collectors. :rolleyes:

Jay
05-15-2009, 09:57 PM
[QUOTE=HissCommander]just fixed that, thanks for the heads up.

lThat answer was the biggest song and dance ever. your summary was spot on lol these Q&A are laughable[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was insulting. I took a lot of time to word up my question just right and they outright ignored parts of it to plug that crummy overpriced PIT playset.

Sonneilon
05-16-2009, 01:00 AM
I feel you shoulda saw that coming Jay.

We'd have better luck buttering them up first then asking 'easy' questions.

Jay
05-16-2009, 02:37 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I feel you shoulda saw that coming Jay.

We'd have better luck buttering them up first then asking 'easy' questions.[/QUOTE]
Not really.
If you checked some of the questions asked... there WAS butt-kissing and the answer was "Thanks for the butt-kissing, but non-answer/B.S."

Sonneilon
05-16-2009, 11:08 AM
I was thinking MORE along the lines of, "I love what you've done with the 25th Anniversary figures and am I a HUGE supporter of Hasbro in general. I do have a question for you guys. When will we see Ice Cream Soldier make an appearance as a new sculpt figure???"

:eek:

HissCommander
05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]"I love what you've done with the 25th Anniversary figures and am I a HUGE supporter of Hasbro in general. I do have a question for you guys. When will we see Ice Cream Soldier make an appearance as a new sculpt figure???" [/QUOTE]

Hasbro: our team is very hard at work and we are excited at the thought of thisbeing possibly available in the future or maybe not but the fact is the movie line is out now and we will release many figures in that line but are unsure what we have in development at this time but will be releasing classic figures in the movie line depending on its success but have no plans on releasing them that is............. :p

Death_at_Midnight
05-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Just went through and read all the questions and answers. Concerning the response to our #3, it's interesting to read the Hasbro response. Essentially, "we know what kids want b/c we do testing."

It would be interesting to know how they go about doing their testing. What sort of information do they gather? Do they ask kids questions or just passively observe? What ages? How extensive is their testing?

From Hasbro's avoidance response, it could sound like play versitality for the Pitt is as simple as you can take the Pitt outdoors, bring it indoors, open it up, close it, put a figure at the front of it, put a figure at the back of it, put two figures at the front, etc....

Hrm, I kinda wonder if they let the kid keep the toy if they are having lots of fun.

I would've rather have heard the long answer I guess.

Jay
05-16-2009, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Death_at_Midnight]Just went through and read all the questions and answers. Concerning the response to our #3, it's interesting to read the Hasbro response. Essentially, "we know what kids want b/c we do testing."

It would be interesting to know how they go about doing their testing. What sort of information do they gather? Do they ask kids questions or just passively observe? What ages? How extensive is their testing?

From Hasbro's avoidance response, it could sound like play versitality for the Pitt is as simple as you can take the Pitt outdoors, bring it indoors, open it up, close it, put a figure at the front of it, put a figure at the back of it, put two figures at the front, etc....

Hrm, I kinda wonder if they let the kid keep the toy if they are having lots of fun.

I would've rather have heard the long answer I guess.[/QUOTE]
Two questions I'm hoping to submit in two months:

1) At the last Q&A you told us that your PIT playset would have the same "playtime versatility" that the old Headquarters and Terrordrome playsets had. However, it was not the case, as in its open state bunk beds would hang off the outside of it, there was no way for figures to travel from one segment of the set to another in any sort of realistic manner, and the infirmary segment simply hung off separated from everything else with no means whatsoever to access it. This is not "playtime versatility". So we ask again. Will we ever get any playsets that actually look like bases/complexes/fortresses/etc and work as such ever again?

2) During the same "playtime versatility" question, you mentionned that you did testing to know what kids want in a playset. How exactly is this testing performed? Do you put a child in a room with the 2001-2002 Mobile Command Center release and the newer PIT set and see which one the child likes best?