PDA

View Full Version : do you plan on buying any movie stuff?

lehsreh
04-07-2009, 03:17 PM
other then figures(if your going to buy them), are you going to buy any other gi joe stuff. we are going to have posters, a video game, shirts and some other toys. we know there is going to be a monopoly and battleship game. there will likely be other stuff too. are you going to collect anything that comes out?

i will be getting the battleship game, as well as the monopoly game, i dont like movie shirts so ill pass on those. i will get the posters of scarlett and the baroness, if they come out with some cool stuff for the house, i wold probably get those too.

Roland da Thompson Gunner
04-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I'll just get Black Ripcord, since he's the best new G.I.Joe thing ever

ender098
04-07-2009, 07:16 PM
I just want covergirl.....and maybe her action figure, too! LOL!

Seriously, I think I'll stick to the toys. I like that new Pit!

Da Talent
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=Roland da Thompson Gunner]I'll just get Black Ripcord, since he's the best new G.I.Joe thing ever[/QUOTE]

It's like you jumped inside my head and read my mind. spooky.

Beast from the east
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
The PIT and gunship,Humvee will be mine foo sho.
I have the MARS troopers already as I seen others with Destro and the other figs from the Black Sheep.

Goldbug
04-07-2009, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]other then figures(if your going to buy them), are you going to buy any other gi joe stuff. we are going to have posters, a video game, shirts and some other toys. we know there is going to be a monopoly and battleship game. there will likely be other stuff too. are you going to collect anything that comes out?

i will be getting the battleship game, as well as the monopoly game, i dont like movie shirts so ill pass on those. i will get the posters of scarlett and the baroness, if they come out with some cool stuff for the house, i wold probably get those too. [/QUOTE]

I'm only getting some of the figures.
There's a Movie Monopoly? You mean in addition to the classic Joe Monopoly?

EasySimpleStuff
04-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Some of the figures and vehicles (if they come to this part of the world) like SS, Paris S-E, Destro, ATV and Humvee...

GoCards
04-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Short answer...yes.

Self-Modifier
04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I might get some of the figures (not even sure about that yet), but I doubt I'll pick up any other merchandise.

Sonneilon
04-08-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm interested in the Battleship game myself and MAYBE the video game if it comes out for the PSP. What I really want and wish Hasbro would mass produce is the 1gb gi joe memory stick. Those were just awesome! They were offered at, irrc, ToyFair as part of the PRESS KIT. I don't quite remember what all else is being offered by Hasbro other than posters, costumes, and tennis shoes. ;)

Agent Viper
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
The video game, couple posters, and the vehicles but thats IT

Flatline
04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]I might get some of the figures (not even sure about that yet), but I doubt I'll pick up any other merchandise.[/QUOTE]
THAT'S WHERE I STAND TOO :confused: TOOTH BRUSHES AND THOSE SORT OF THINGS DON'T INTEREST ME.

Outrider
04-08-2009, 12:58 PM
I'm not interested in the merchandising side of things, and the figures don't appeal to me either. I may pick up a Steel Crusher APV if it looks okay "in the flesh" (if they even appear in stores over here), but the other vehicles are disappointing to say the least. Hasbro is going to have to do better if they want my cash!

Black Knight
04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
In all likely-hood I'll aim for the poster (Scarlett), maybe a shirt (if its just the logo), and the toys (figures and some vehicles). I might end up aiming for the game if its available on the PS3, otherwise I'll stick to stuff mentioned.

Sonneilon
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
The... The... Gunship that 'firefly' comes with looks like CRAP but in the preview of the video game, they make it look pretty good!

Beast from the east
04-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Firefly doeslook bad but the vehile itself looks awesome.

haradrel
04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I've already started buying the stuff, so yes.

I'll most likely get a bunch of the figures - so many LBC possibilities as well as other custom fodder ideas in my head now.

Other merchandise I am not so sure of, maybe, but most likely no.

Da Talent
04-08-2009, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=haradrel]I've already started buying the stuff, so yes.

I'll most likely get a bunch of the figures - so many LBC possibilities as well as other custom fodder ideas in my head now.

Other merchandise I am not so sure of, maybe, but most likely no.[/QUOTE]

If you ever want to get rid of the black ripcord head, I want it.

Agent Viper
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I also want the PIT!!!

Roland da Thompson Gunner
04-09-2009, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=fireflyed]It's like you jumped inside my head and read my mind. spooky.[/QUOTE]

Hey, there are two types of people, awesome dudes who like Black Ripcord and people less awesome!

ThinkTank
04-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll get what I think is worth it. so no merchandising. but figs and vehicles if they are cool to me.

haradrel
04-10-2009, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=fireflyed]If you ever want to get rid of the black ripcord head, I want it.[/QUOTE]

haha, no man, the head is awesome as a young Stalker ;) Bought the figure specifically for the head. (ehem no adult pun intended....)

Jay
04-10-2009, 03:09 AM
I'm most likely just going to get a few figures and vehicles. Figures, most likely for integration/customization as 25th Anniversary characters and vehicles depending on what I find fitting to go with my ARAH collection.

(side note, damn shame Storm Shadow's hairstyle in the movie is so gay. I've been hoping for a nice oriental head for a 25th-style Hiryu custom. Stupid Korean pop stars...)

But yeah, I really doubt I'll be getting birthday cards, posters or anything of the sort based on the movie.

C-GDSM 2487
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
[QUOTE=Agent Viper]I also want the PIT!!![/QUOTE]

me too the pit a few of the figures not alot not impress with them at all
poster if one..just set back and see what comes out over here in the U.K
hasbro has said we are getting them this time around so its wait and see
tru with hope ???mite bring some of the other collecters back out in the open again..my son did me with joe vs cobra..figures then spy troopers dvd... :) and i have regeated at all;;;then he found all my old action force videos... :)

Jay
04-10-2009, 08:01 PM
Unless there are photos I have not seen, I don't see the appeal of the PIT. Especially in "HQ mode"... it's just fragmented and doesn't really offer much to do considering its size.

lehsreh
04-10-2009, 08:21 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]Unless there are photos I have not seen, I don't see the appeal of the PIT. Especially in "HQ mode"... it's just fragmented and doesn't really offer much to do considering its size.[/QUOTE]

i have to agree. there was nothing i could use in it except the ping pong table, but im not paying 100$ for that. thats why i decided to go ahead and buy the old pitt for 32$ it has lots more useful stuff and i saved 70$

Jay
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]i have to agree. there was nothing i could use in it except the ping pong table, but im not paying 100$ for that. thats why i decided to go ahead and buy the old pitt for 32$ it has lots more useful stuff and i saved 70$[/QUOTE]
Which old pitt? The 83 one or the 91 one (or its 2001 re-release)? Because damn... at 32$, if you got either of those complete, I'd be about ready to declare you King Of The Bargain Hunting. :p

Also... what ping-pong table? That I have not seen! :eek:

Sonneilon
04-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Yeah, there's a ping pong table in the movie Pit. Think it's on the top level but I could be wrong.

Jay
04-11-2009, 02:03 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Yeah, there's a ping pong table in the movie Pit. Think it's on the top level but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]
Wouldn't happen to have any pics would you?

lehsreh
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=Jay]Which old pitt? The 83 one or the 91 one (or its 2001 re-release)? Because damn... at 32$, if you got either of those complete, I'd be about ready to declare you King Of The Bargain Hunting. :p

Also... what ping-pong table? That I have not seen! :eek:[/QUOTE]

it was the 83, and in perfect condition, stickers and all. i dont buy anything over what i can get in the store and everything old i buy, i try to think what it would cost today with inflation and not pay over that. it takes me months of watching to get it, but i save a ton. here are pics of the new pitt
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=14096

neapolitan joe
04-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I just had the 1983 Headquarters, beautiful: http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=20263&catid=member&imageuser=444

The new "pit" is something of shitty.
I'll buy the Cobra Gunship for my "Terror Drome hangar".
Then I have to wait what merchandise 'll arrive here in Italy. :)

Jay
04-11-2009, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=lehsreh]here are pics of the new pitt
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=14096[/QUOTE]
Oh, fooey.
It's just made out of cardboard.

Someone who gets this should scan the table before assembling it and put it on the Files here, so that those of us who'd want a ping pong table for our PIT rec rooms don't have to dish out 100$ or more for it.

Sonneilon
04-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Good call, Jay!