PDA

View Full Version : Name Suggestions?

Self-Modifier
10-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Hey, gang. I'm working on the second Joe/Transformers crossover, and I need some help. There are some military-types in the story (loosely based on a group that appeared in the old Marvel Transformers series), and I've dug up some unused figures to help fill out their ranks, but I need codenames for them. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I'm looking for codenames for:

Mega Marines Clutch (I'm not using him as Clutch, but he will be a vehicle driver)

An LBC using the body of Sci-Fi v2 and the head of Salvo (he's either a flamethrower or a laser guy)

And another guy. He's got Battle Corps Outback's head on a green tank-top torso with bare arms and Steeler's legs. I'm not even sure what he does. Maybe a machine gunner or something.

As I said, they're all there to fill out the ranks and won't be major characters, but I'd like them to have codenames for the scene where they're first introduced.

Any suggestions...?

The Faceless Master
10-26-2006, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]Mega Marines Clutch (I'm not using him as Clutch, but he will be a vehicle driver)[/quote]
how about DOWNSHIFT?

[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]An LBC using the body of Sci-Fi v2 and the head of Salvo (he's either a flamethrower or a laser guy)[/quote]
how about NAPALM?

[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]And another guy. He's got Battle Corps Outback's head on a green tank-top torso with bare arms and Steeler's legs. I'm not even sure what he does. Maybe a machine gunner or something.[/quote]
Is TOLLBOOTH already in your ranks?
if thats already taken, why not STRONGARM?
his filename would be cheesy tho, like Nathan Armstrong :rolleyes:

Sonneilon
10-27-2006, 08:13 AM
Remind me to come looking for you if I need codenames, Master Don.

Outrider
10-27-2006, 02:23 PM
Hmmmmmmm...hows about Camshaft, Flashpoint and ummmmm Backlash?

Self-Modifier
10-27-2006, 07:36 PM
Heh, you guys may not be aware of it, but Downshift and Camshaft are both names of Transformers. It should have occurred to me to think of a random Transformer's name and use that for the vehicle driver. Anyway, I'll probably go with one of those two, but I like 'em both so I'll have to think about it.

As for the second fellow, I just need to figure out if he's a laser guy or a flamethrower, since you each suggested a name for one of those specialities. Right now I'm leaning towards Napalm, because Flashpoint is similar to Flash, with whom he'll probably be hanging out for a while.

And for the last one... Strongarm sounds pretty good to me, Don. And I agree with Sonneilon-- You're pretty good at this codename business!

Thanks, fellas!

The Faceless Master
10-27-2006, 08:01 PM
[QUOTE=Self-Modifier]And I agree with Sonneilon-- You're pretty good at this codename business![/QUOTE]
glad I could help!! :)
I actually used to create code names, file names & filecards for customs
I would create, or if the existing filecard bores me...

just like how the Chameleon character REALLY intrigued me
i made up the file name: Camille Leone :p

Outrider
10-27-2006, 08:27 PM
[QUOTE=The Faceless Master]glad I could help!! :)
I actually used to create code names, file names & filecards for customs
I would create, or if the existing filecard bores me...

just like how the Chameleon character REALLY intrigued me
i made up the file name: Camille Leone :p[/QUOTE]

Camille Leone? Brilliant, Don. Sure beats "Albert Pine" :D

Self-Modifier
10-28-2006, 01:28 PM
[QUOTE=The Faceless Master]just like how the Chameleon character REALLY intrigued me
i made up the file name: Camille Leone :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I recall you mentioning that when you posted some pics of her a while back. I like the character too, and want to use her in some capacity, but I'm not sure exactly how to fit her in yet. I think of her as the female version of Chuckles or Agent Faces-- She's not exclusively a Baroness imposter, she's an all-around undercover operative.

But if I ever make use of her and need a file name, can I borrow that one? Like Outrider says, it's brilliant.