PDA

View Full Version : How about this for a group project...

Luke Ellison
10-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Dunno if this was ever attempted here or talked about, but how about we set aside a whole week where we only post RE-ENACTMENTS OF OUR FAVORITE SCENES FROM G.I. JOE THE MOVIE? What would be fun is actually have a sign-up list of who will do what and have each day of the week set aside for a time-block of the movie, so at the end of the week we can watch the dio version of the movie from start to finish. And it doesn't have to be every scene in the movie, like the acrtic battles or any of that... but if you have a cool garden that could replicate COBRA LA- use that, or if you want to turn your backyard into Beach Heads training ground for T-Rat, Serpentor versus Duke, etc etc. And everybody can use their own "style" to recreate the scene, and maybe each submission can be a specific size, like a widescreen movie, so that way even though the photographers are different, each panel could be similiar enough to be part of a group series.

Does this sound like fun?

silencer
10-26-2006, 08:11 AM
cool idea, I just wish I had more old figures :(

Luke Ellison
10-26-2006, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't say it had to be classic sculpt figures... you could use any version Duke, Dreadnok, etc... or we could use replacement figures too... instead of Sergeant Slaughter you could use Major Barrage or you could use Barrel Roll as a replacement for Falcon, just try to illustrate a movie scene to the best of your ability and in the caption area, type out who is suppose to be doing what.

ToneGunsRevisited
10-26-2006, 02:06 PM
This one would fit under the Theme Week. There is no need to open a new group if we have some running. Maybe you should try suggest it to me :D , so I could include it in a poll.

Just keep lookin' for what are we doing here, maybe you can join the Theme Week, Target Range and so one...

Sonneilon
10-26-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Luke was trying to get everyone together to do a dio-version of the movie. It wouldn't fall under a theme weekend because this would take place all week instead.

So let's say I sign up for the 1st sequence of the Stuns rolling thru the swamp, the trubble bubbles flying around the Terrordrome...

Then Lord Raven would jump in and do all the scenes w/ Pythona.

Then Luke would do the whole CC vs Serpentor banter.

Then Outrider would do the CC leading officers after the intruder. "No, not this way, THAT way!"

Frk525 would sign up for the Pythona vs CGs

Ender098 would take the Pythona confronting Serpentor.

And etc.

I forgot what the name of this sort of thing is. I want to call it a 'round robin' where we add onto each other's story but don't quote me on that. JoeDebriefed had that option. THIS would be an entire project on it's own. I was just giving an example above.

ToneGunsRevisited
10-26-2006, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I think Luke was trying to get everyone together to do a dio-version of the movie. It wouldn't fall under a theme weekend because this would take place all week instead.

So let's say I sign up for the 1st sequence of the Stuns rolling thru the swamp, the trubble bubbles flying around the Terrordrome...

Then Lord Raven would jump in and do all the scenes w/ Pythona.

Then Luke would do the whole CC vs Serpentor banter.

Then Outrider would do the CC leading officers after the intruder. "No, not this way, THAT way!"

Frk525 would sign up for the Pythona vs CGs

Ender098 would take the Pythona confronting Serpentor.

And etc.

I forgot what the name of this sort of thing is. I want to call it a 'round robin' where we add onto each other's story but don't quote me on that. JoeDebriefed had that option. THIS would be an entire project on it's own. I was just giving an example above.[/QUOTE]
Well t is being used under Theme Week right now.

Sonneilon
10-26-2006, 08:25 PM
I saw that. I won't change anything. I think Luke should head THIS project up. This is something that people would need to work on for awhile. It's not something that can be done quickly. In that way, it's NOT a theme week thang.

Blowtorch
10-26-2006, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I saw that. I won't change anything. I think Luke should head THIS project up. This is something that people would need to work on for awhile. It's not something that can be done quickly. In that way, it's NOT a theme week thang.[/QUOTE]

I agree this is something that can't be done in a week. And it does sound like a great idea.

emike
10-27-2006, 04:08 PM
This is a great idea! Count me in!

Mobius_1
10-27-2006, 08:46 PM
man, if only i had seen the movie. besides i the only "classic" characters i got are: Duke, Scarlett, stalker, Cobra Commander, and snake eyes so i wouldn't be much help. good luck with it though! :D :cool:

emike
10-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I've been thinking about the group dio idea, and I think GI Joe the Movie would be pretty hard to pull off. There are a lot of characters and too many sci-fi elements (giant spores, flying bugs, etc). It might be easier to attempt the first mini-series, "GI Joe, A Real American Hero." Whatever the story, I would definitely be into participating in a group dio. We tried to get one started over a year ago over at JoeCustoms but the momentum fizzled out.

NemesisEnforcerFan
11-27-2006, 06:21 PM
[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=Indigo]Hmm..Too many spores and mutants eh?.. what do I detect no love for cobra la? :rolleyes: I guess that can be expected.. I was thinking.. I would sign up for two pieces of this film.. 1 where cobra commander is Back handed across the face by me.. and 2 any fight scene involving sausage and burger eating sgt.slaughter versus me.. now.. settle down all you patriots I'd make it fair.[/COLOR].[/FONT] :D

phu
12-02-2006, 12:57 PM
This is a cool idea; I actually just grabbed the movie and have been meaning to watch it again.

It might be an interesting spin/alternative to look at another war movie -- heck, any movie -- that has a lot of memorable scenes and acting them out with Joes. It'd add a lot of depth to replacing the characters, figuring out who would work with what line, etc.

Full Metal Jacket, Bridge over the River Kwai, The Great Escape... or, if you wanted something funny, Dogma or Office Space could produce some hilarious scenes or dios. :D