PDA

View Full Version : Reviews!!!

Sonneilon
10-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Ok, there's a Reviews section but up until a week ago (or so), it hadn't been touched. Well, I want to resurrect it. I've personally asked a few people to submit Reviews and while a few are willing, things are running slow. But I want to announced that the Reviews forum is slowly being worked on.

ANYONE can join in. Just do whatever you want as long as it's GI Joe. (Well, Action Force, Funskool, whatever)

Ranger_22
10-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey Sonneilon, I going to make a review as soon as I get my camera fixed, my internet re-connected and my paintball gun up graded. Again I am very sorry for the stall on pic's.

Outrider
10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
I had only ever looked at the reviews section once when I first joined, and there wasn't much there, so I never looked again - until I saw this post. Glad to see that you've beefed it up G, and full marks for putting the time into it. It's now a great part of this site, and has the potential to become a valuable resource for people who might want advice on whether or not to buy certain Joe figures or vehicles. The review of the Thunderwing was particularly impressive, and inspired me to go out and take some more Thunderwing pics, which I posted in the photos section. We should all be thankful that Sonneilon is putting in a real effort to make this site as good as it can possibly be! :)

Dersham
10-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah I'm on the same page with Outrider, geeze I don't check the site for three days and this is what happens. I took a look though there's some really informative things there. I don't know if you said Sonne that there was something specific you wanted to review? At the moment I have access to a very limited collection though I'll get getting some more figs in a week or two. So I don't know if I can really submit much, even though I notice I haven't posted in a while. I could give a whole string of excuse to that, one of them being my motherboard fried and I'm relying on my win98 computer :(. But I'm glad to see that people are submitting and so far they're doing great. To quote Tony the tiger.

Sonneilon
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
ANYBODY can post reviews on GI Joe product. No copycats, of course. And you can do it in your own style. I look at Fred and Justin's style and then combine it and mash it and strain it and well, it comes out as mine. Which really means, I figure everyone's already read THEIR reviews BUT what's kind of fun is whether these toys can stand the test of time. What was cool then, is it now?

FYI for those who want to play too.

You can upload the main picture for 'free'.

The description box won't be big enough for a proper review so do it as the 1st reply.

If you want to add pics, you need to host them yourself. I try to add 1 extra pic in the review. As for the one uploaded, I tend to use a photo I've already used here. It's not like they are NEW reviews, y'know? (well, give or take the SB and the Viper Pit) Anyway, have fun with it. Amazon.com, look out!

Fisher
10-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Speaking of reviews, I plan on throwing up a new review of something in my collection every 2 or 3 days, starting today. Head over to check out my take on the Killer W.H.A.L.E.

Mobius_1
11-04-2006, 07:35 AM
don't know if Sonne told any one else, but he told me i could do PTE and BBI stuff. is that true every one? :confused: