PDA

View Full Version : Chap Mei

Mobius_1
10-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Every one keeps talkin' about chap mei, but i don't know where to find them. if some one could tell me where to go, it would be much appreaciated

ToneGunsRevisited
10-13-2006, 06:33 PM
[QUOTE=Mobius_1]Every one keeps talkin' about chap mei, but i don't know where to find them. if some one could tell me where to go, it would be much appreaciated[/QUOTE]
Here in Brazil we have something from Chap Mei, England and Russia have tons of them on virtual sites, maybe you could try there. :p ;) :D

Jay
10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Chap Mei is the name of a toy company that specializes in 3 3/4" figures, vehicles and playsets of various styles.

A lot have appeared to try to cash in on the popular "fads" of the time, Dino Valley/Dino Quest features human scientists, hunters and large dinosaurs, and seems to be made to appeal to Jurassic Park fans.
The Pirates toyline, although lacking a Jack Sparrow-ish character, is clearly aimed at fans of Pirates Of The Carribean.
Beast Raider is obviously based on the Masters Of The Universe relaunch.

There's also more generic lines like Wild Quest (animal-based), Extreme Adventures (adventurers/explorers), Wild Arctic (arctic-based explorers), Police Force/Police vs Bad Guyz (police vs criminals) and their longest-running line ever, Soldier Force (sometimes also sold as Freedom Force), which features soldiers and military-based vehicles.

Distribution is iffy. It really depends on where you live... All I can find in my area are repackaged Soldier Force figures sold under the TRU "house brand", Elite Operations, along with some Dino Power ninjas and Extreme Adventures figures. Meanwhile, people in South Africa seem to be able to find all the new stuff easily.

You can find out more on the site and forums here: http://www.chapmeitoys.com

bluestalker88
10-15-2006, 03:58 PM
I seem to find them alot at biglots if you have one in your area try there last time I checked mine they had a lot of the army sets and the crime and pirate sets. either way it all works well with the 3 3/4 figures. hope this helps

blaster_e11
10-16-2006, 10:09 AM
you can even fnd them in France

i don't like them : they're not realistic and not as good as PTE or bbi or 21st but you can find them interesting since they are cheap

ToneGunsRevisited
10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=blaster_e11]you can even fnd them in France

i don't like them : they're not realistic and not as good as PTE or bbi or 21st but you can find them interesting since they are cheap[/QUOTE]
Some of the vehicles work really good. Did you see the V-22 Osprey in France?

toiletmonkey1
10-27-2006, 08:36 PM
big lots, kmarts are starting to carry some and TRU has them over by the plastic animals and such. today i saw a few of the pirate sets in CVS.

btw- i would really love to find some of the police cars from chap mei!

TM