PDA

View Full Version : Its come to this...

Luke Ellison
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I have decided to scrap my next dio, again, this time for good.

I'm extremely burnt out on Joes right now. I'm really not interested in my story anymore, not the characters, the plot or the time it will take to finish the story and be satisfied.

I had big plans which would take up wayyyyy too much time and money. And the way the last chapter was planned the door would be wide open for another chapter... I'd never get closure!

So what I've decided to do is every day post a few of my favorite panels in the photo section. Each panel will have a generic story behind it, that way nothing gets wasted, I just really don't wanna finish the story I started. Sorry to everyone who was looking forward to it. I still plan to post new photos as this hobby is my crack-cocaine... but I gotta throw in the towel on big story.

Hope everyone's cool with that. :o

Fisher
10-13-2006, 06:29 PM
While I can say I am disappointed, I understand. I do enjoy what you were doing in The Sanguis Legacy, it was a captivating story, however, like you said, your crack is photo taking.

From all of the photos I have ever seen you post, I have always been impressed, your style is unmistakable when I come on the boards looking for a picture, and when I see the latest Ellison post, I am always impressed.

Keep the pics coming as long as you like Luke, I know I am not the only one that will welcome them.

Sonneilon
10-13-2006, 07:10 PM
DUDE!!!

Ok, you gotta do what you gotta do. I admit, I've been burned out doing my own dio too. But I pushed forward. I had buddies here asking why I just don't drop it. In my case, it's something I have to finish because I have a terrible track record of finishing things. Be it a cookie, dinner, a beer, a movie, etc. So I pushed and pushed and in MY case, the story is over. It took a lot out of me, I'll admit it.

I totally know what you are saying. Hopefully you'll get back on the horse sooner than later. When you are ready, of course.

Outrider
10-13-2006, 10:25 PM
If I were you guys, I wouldn't worry too much about not finishing your diostories. Hell, I never even started mine!! :D

Sonneilon
10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah, BUT you helped with mine!!!

silencer
10-15-2006, 06:50 AM
Man, I understand, I'm just pleased you're not throwing it in completely as your photos are always inspiring. With dio-stories often sigularly great shots and ideas stay with us (yours are generally awesome) more than the course of the plot, and who's to say you won't pick up the story again when it suits you better?

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your stuff, strung together or not.

Buckwheat826
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I hear it. At least you guys have a camera. In early summer I was so close to finally doing something. I still have both complete and unfinished sets, but got bummed when I broke my camera. But even with it, my schedule is so busy and my budget down, it will still take a while. I just hang out and admire you guys' work for now.

It's expensive and requires time I myself don't have at the moment. Luke, we enjoy all of your work so even if it's photo minis, that just as cool.

Hell, we're still young. I can see myself maybe doing it the way I always envisioned later anyway. Years from today, if these sights are gone, who knows we might randomly run into our projects doing a Google search and say.. "oh yeah, I remember that dude. Wow, he finally did it. Pretty cool."