PDA

View Full Version : Commander Poll

Dominio
10-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Wich one is your favorite Cobra Commander figure, and why it is?
I prefer soft masked over helmet wearing figures, just like V11, released as part of the eighteenth series (2002), carded in a two-pack with Duke. But V9 was not so good, mainly 'couse mask holes were too big

Bayer
10-06-2006, 03:41 AM
Originally I liked the vintage (1983) hooded CC that was originally a mail-in. He didn't have the bulbous helmet and the uniform was darker blue. He looked really cool. Later the battlearmor CC was pretty cool. My current fav is the VvV Blue CC because this uniform has that element of realism that I've grown to appreciate. The helmet is removable and the head has the balacava cover that I can see CC wearing.

ToneGunsRevisited
10-06-2006, 11:47 AM
Probably today mine is the Comic Pack #1. I don't have him yet but he looks very good. The Black version of 2002 w/o o-ring is a cool version that I have. He look real menacing in that black hood with the cobra sigil in red. The minor problem is the no o-ring.

Sonneilon
10-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I rather prefer the black VvV version; skirt and all.

Outrider
10-06-2006, 04:07 PM
[QUOTE=Bayer]Originally I liked the vintage (1983) hooded CC that was originally a mail-in. He didn't have the bulbous helmet and the uniform was darker blue. He looked really cool. Later the battlearmor CC was pretty cool. My current fav is the VvV Blue CC because this uniform has that element of realism that I've grown to appreciate. The helmet is removable and the head has the balacava cover that I can see CC wearing.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that, Bayer. I also like the comic pack Fred VII version, although I suppose technically he is not really CC. :)

Swindle
10-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Favorite? Faceplate CC

I also like hooded and battlearmor.

None of the CC figures after that really matter, imo.

Lava Boss
10-07-2006, 04:54 PM
V1 1983 all the way, though I didn't own a swivel arm copy until the mid-1990's.

Hooded (1984) second.

Later Commanders were really too buff. I mean, when C.C. out muscles Destro, something is inherently wrong. :confused:

And the JVSC version is almost ruined by the skirt. A C.C. who can't sit down, what figure line is this, Star Wars?

Self-Modifier
10-07-2006, 10:03 PM
I have to go with the classic, v1. That's how he looked on the cartoon, and to me that makes it his most iconic appearance. Plus, he's pretty spindly, which works well for the character.

Of course my real favorite is my customized v1 with interchangable heads.

Ranger_22
10-09-2006, 03:12 AM
V11 is the best.

Mobius_1
10-09-2006, 03:14 PM
V19 because it's the only version i've played with