PDA

View Full Version : Question on Photos ?

Soundwave
10-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Are we limited to show GI Joes on the Photo section ?or can we show any toylines ? ..... cause I got Star Wars figures too.

Thanks.

Dominio
10-04-2006, 01:40 AM
As Soundwave asks, in my joeverse i include some chap mei and starwars figures, besides some animal figures, but the main subject is Hasbro GI JOE

Sonneilon
10-04-2006, 08:02 AM
This is a GI Joe site. Please do not post anything that is not Joe-related.

HOWEVER, if your 'verse contains other toylines, that's cool. Please at least include a Joe in the picture AND make the basis of the picture GI Joe-oriented. In other words, if you want to show off your Clone army and include 1 Joe (to make it a Joe picture), that doesnt' float with me. BUT if you show 1 Joe fighting the WHOLE legion of your Clone Troopers, that's cool.

If you utterly feel the need to post non-Joe stuff, host the picture yourself and post it in the forums.

And this goes for shots of scenery, sprinklers, video tapes and other crap that HAS no basis of GI Joe in it.

Just for reference. Silencer's shot of the spot he was shooting is ONLY OK because his other shots all pertain to it. It's nice to see where people shoot and can give the rest of us ideas.

Luke Ellison
10-04-2006, 10:55 AM
What about if someone posted a pic of all their figures clustered together and in the middle somewhere was ONE joe and the point was to find the joe like Wheres Waldo?

Sonneilon
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
lol. That still falls under GI Joe-based. :D

In fact, there was a Theme Weekend where we were supposed to find the hidden Joes in the picture!

Bayer
10-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Since this question has been posted, I'm curious...If I were to make them visibly Cobra troops, would the clone troopers be acceptible as bulk Cobra troops? I haven't had access to regular Cobra troop-builders. :o

Sonneilon
10-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok, the way I see it most of the time is that if you have a really good reason for posting a non GI Joe pic, I'll decide then and there. You try to pull a sprinkler pic on me and tell me it's Scott's dog peeing on a machine to dismantle it, I'm not going for it. Or a church that I'm supposed to believe is some Joe's house, it don't float.

BUT if you feel the urge to post Clone Troopers and they are part of your JoeVerse, I'd like it to be explained well. Be it them being heavy armored troops, CC bought a bunch of Clones from the SW universe, whatever. But if you say, "this is my clone army, enjoi", the picture is disappearing. I'm not a total hardbutt to be like another particular site where they really want you to use the description box, but it's nice to know what YOU are thinking.

This is a case of using common sense.

To pick on Mobius, he may be using Bionicle but at least they are whacking on GI Joe figs, right? And hey, I just posted pics w/ a bunch of Clones. Out of context, it may not make sense, but the concept of alien armored troops are in my dio which IS a GI Joe dio.

Self-Modifier
10-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I wondered the same thing when I did some of my Joe/Transformers crossover, but no one shut me down. Hopefully I'll get the same response when I get around to the planned sequel, because there may be a few more pages that are Joe-less (but by the same token, there'll be many pages that are TF-less). Hope that's all right with everyone.

Sonneilon
10-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Yours is all good, SelfMod. Never been a problem.

Outrider
10-04-2006, 11:28 PM
The odd crossover from other toy lines doesn't bother me at all, but I'd hate it to get to the stage where we have to wade through mountains of pics to find the Joe ones. The boundaries you have set out should keep it pretty tight, G. :)

Jimbo
10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
I presume no one is going to hassle me too much over my Action Force approach to JioDios? ;)

Blowtorch
10-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I guess I missed something during my short leave. So if I understand this right and I'm using the last 3 pictures I posted as examples.

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2617&c=7
Don't do

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2610&c=7
Again don't do

http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2611&c=7
But this one is ok

I didn't mean any harm in doing this, so I'm sorry if it offended anyone.

Sonneilon
10-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Jimbo, you're cool. GI Joe and it's offshoots count. Action Force, FunSkool made stuff, etc...

As for the shot of Cappy America, there were a few comments made about the lack of Joe but at the time, I didn't have power. I had totally forgotten about this one but I believe he could've been a Joe if he wanted. Sure, he'd have a huge ego but...

The 2nd pic, nobody hacked on it and I didn't get any PMs (I wasn't in power but was taking comments regardless). Personally, I wouldn't have posted it in the Photos section. Hammerfel made this site for GI Joe only and as most people know, websites only have so-much GB to hand out. I believe he'd also prefer that the space wasn't used on non-Joe stuff. HOWEVER, if you host the pic yourself and post it HERE in the Forums, it's ok. Certainly, I am far more open to people hosting their own non-Joe pics for show in the Forums.

Blowtorch
10-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I didn't know there were complaints about those photos. I didn't mean to offend anyone. It would have been nice if someone had told me when I posted them instead of finding out 2 months later they offended some people.
I guess that answers my other question from another post, about the photo story my son and I are working on. It's not Joe related, so I guess we won't post sneak pics from that here.

ToneGunsRevisited
10-06-2006, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]I didn't know there were complaints about those photos. I didn't mean to offend anyone. It would have been nice if someone had told me when I posted them instead of finding out 2 months later they offended some people.
I guess that answers my other question from another post, about the photo story my son and I are working on. It's not Joe related, so I guess we won't post sneak pics from that here.[/QUOTE]
You can post them in the forum section hosting them in another places like imageshack.us or so one.

Sonneilon
10-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Blowtorch, dont' worry about it. I didn't see any need to PM you about the fotos. I figured once or twice in a lifetime, it's probably ok. Certainly, not worth getting your hand slapped or a warning or anything. Really, it's ok. But in the future, as TG suggested, find a free website to host your stuff and post them in the FORUM and you are all good!

Bayer
10-06-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll PM you (Sonnelion) when I have all the whereas' complete on my DIO idea. You can let me know if some of the non-joe items are acceptable. None of it takes Joes from the central place as the antagonists of the story, but some of these items are crucial to my current story ideas.

Bayer
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
[QUOTE=Jimbo]I presume no one is going to hassle me too much over my Action Force approach to JioDios? ;)[/QUOTE]

Action Force is great. I read some of the Action Force and GI Joe Europe mags when they were being published back in the day. I liked where those stories were going better than some of the main title.

Mobius_1
10-06-2006, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]

To pick on Mobius, he may be using Bionicle but at least they are whacking on GI Joe figs, right? And hey, I just posted pics w/ a bunch of Clones. Out of context, it may not make sense, but the concept of alien armored troops are in my dio which IS a GI Joe dio.[/QUOTE]
I can just FEEL the love..........

Blowtorch
10-07-2006, 02:58 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]You can post them in the forum section hosting them in another places like imageshack.us or so one.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of how that works. Thanks.