PDA

View Full Version : My dios-the future

Raven
09-20-2006, 02:20 PM
ok. My grand restart plan kinda failed due to various distractions(sorry) and have lost track of what I was going to do. I have been thinking of another idea...
Well back in the 80's/90's a toy company "Dapol" released 3.75 Doctor Who figures which I have about 5 of (no about... I do just have 5) and the Tardis(his time machine). As a kid I played crossovers between the two pretty frequently, and infact before I got into diostories I had thought of doing a Doctor Who/Star Wars crossover.
But now I have an idea for a Doctor Who/G.I. Joe crossover and well should I follow that route instead? It'll be something pretty new to the community as it progresses, and With each "issue" I'll include a little Glossary for when I go overboard with the fanboy terminology (It'll be set with the 7th(BEST) Doctor, so no Christopher Eccleston/David Tennant references).
Of course, it will be Joe VS Cobra with extra parties thrown in. I mean let's face it, how can a dentist suddenly work out how to create hi-tech android killing machines or genetic mutants?

And well it may be a great way to get some of you interested in the world's longest running Sci-fi show and England's greatest achievement :D

EDIT: By the way, I just realised the terrible pun in the title (if you get it, great, if not then you will after reading the comic :p) and I'm sorry :p

bluestalker88
09-20-2006, 04:09 PM
I think that sounds awsome I have always liked doctor who, and it would be pretty neat to see a crossover. so I say have fun with it and I look forward to reading it :D

Bayer
09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
I can only speak for myself...I look forward to your work. The Dr. Who franchise has always been intriguing and intelligent, and the latest incarnation is only making it better.

As far as crossovers - I'm interested because I get bored with Cobra being the only bad guy in town.

Raven
09-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I am in the process of ordering a replacement Doctor figure since mine is broke (poor thumbless man :()
I'll have to create the Tardis console. Luckily the Tardis toy opens up into a playset, just for some strange reason they decided to sell the console as a seperate toy :/
Also don't expect a huge Dalek invasion. I only have a few, and at their current asking price of £25+... it's too far from my league :(

But umm yeah, expect to see some custom "monsters" as well :D
I already have a Cyberman I made two years ago, and more ideas :D

bluestalker88
09-21-2006, 02:48 PM
that all sounds awsome. cant wait to read it

Bayer
09-21-2006, 05:27 PM
That is the beauty of Dr. Who. He has always encountered some new creature. There was never just one enemy he fought against.

snakeeater
09-21-2006, 06:22 PM
As a long time Dr Who fan I think it sounds like a really cool idea. I suppose Tom Baker was my favorite Doctor, and I'm also really enjoying the new stuff that's been coming out recently with Eccleston and Tennant. Really looking forward to your work.

Any plans to include UNIT?

Self-Modifier
09-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I've only ever seen Dr. Who one time, back when I was in probably second or third grade. It was way too cerebral for me back then, and I've never returned to check it out again. I keep hearing what a great show it is though.

Also, I like the concept of the main character being a shape-shifter (or whatever he is), because it's a great way to get past the normally sticky business of recasting someone!

Anyway, I'll definitely check this story out. It seems like a strange combo at first, but hey-- I teamed the Joes up with giant alien robots, so what do I know??

Raven
09-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Yeah I am thinking of making a UNIT team for it, though they won't be the UNIT we remember (:() as they'd be old men by time.
And Self-Modifier, yours and Sonnelion's dios inspired me to think outside of just Joe vs Cobra, so thanks :D