PDA

View Full Version : The HOW-TO forum

Sonneilon
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Has anybody ever investigated ALL the things this site contains? If you are on the regular GI Joe forum, there are a bunch of buttons at the top of the page leading to other places. Reviews. Files. Dio Links. Quick Links. Even I don't know what these are for! But today, I want to direct people's attention towards the HOW-TO forum.

This is a great forum to reveal secrets and help fellow photographers get their game down. It can also be a place to brainstorm ideas for dios. It tends to be a very slow forum, but hopefully with some help, we can get it rolling.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of behind-the-scenes stuff and how things are done. It was here, (iirc) that I found out how Luke built his sets. It made me realize just how 'easy' it can really be. Anyway, check out the HOW-TO forum sometime. As a sidenote: If you want to add pictures, you need to host them yourself. Photobucket and Rapidshare come to mind, but if you have your own site, you can always link the HOW-TO.

:D

Outrider
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
It's one of the great things about this site that people are happy to share tips and ideas....there's no secrets or petty jealousy. Personally, whilst far from being an expert at anything, I'm always happy to help anyone who asks for advice. :)

ender098
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I keep noticing it. I've read a lot of the articles, and have actually used some of the techniques. I keep "Swearing" I'll post some of my "Behind the Scenes" Pics, but when I get home, I'm usually either too tired or too busy. I'd like to see more pics of people just setting up for shots so maybe I can get some ideas of little things that might make my pictures different or better! :eek: