PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Everyone

LordRaven
09-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I was just looking through all my photos, and thanks to the constructive critisms of everyone on here, I can see how my photos have improved. I wanted to thank everyone for helping me, and keep tellin me what I'm not only doing wrong, but what I'm doin right as well. Thanks team

STB 4 Life!

Outrider
09-10-2006, 11:36 PM
That's exactly how I feel, too. Some of the pics I posted when I first joined are almost embarrassing to me now. My pics have improved immeasurably (I hope)thanks to what I have learned from joedios, not only from constructive criticisms, but from seeing the great pics others post. Sharing ideas and tips can only help us all to get better at this great hobby; may we all continue to improve! :)

ToneGunsRevisited
09-11-2006, 04:38 AM
You are welcome! ;)

Ok, I feel the same as you Shane and as you Craig. I'm poor on photos, but I'm doing my best to get better at every shot. I think we build a family here. Hope this family can always grow up. I'm just affraid for one thing. If our capabilities get so big. Sooner or later we'll be workin' for Hasbro!!! :D

Sonneilon
09-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I believe everyone can take decent pictures. It just takes a little effort and sometimes, poking & prodding by friends to fix the lil things. Take something like focusing. So many people seem to have a problem understanding the concept of it. In my book, if the shot is way fuzzy, I won't even look at it. But it can be easily fixed. That is the one element that can kill any photo, no matter how much effort a person puts into posing the figures and whatnot.

I admit, I sucked too. I sucked for YEARS! I didn't have a place like this to get critiques or help. I had to PM Luke over and over and over on how to do things! My dio now? It took years to get there (give or take a better camera).

A lot of people's picture taking skills have improved. Now, people just need to learn how to make dynamic shots. Me included. Especially me included. Sure, not EVERY shot can be a masterpiece, but man, we sure wish they could be. Except for Craig. Craig does good. :P I think the key is to look at the pics you absolutely love and try and copy them. Fred and Luke were top dogs on JBL, y'know? People were absolutely floored by Luke's works. Then I ran into this guy named Outrider and that Nite Raven shot just blew me away. It's stuff like that where I realized I needed to step up.

Now there's the new guy, Elysian and fairly new guy, Speir who are blowing photography away. I can't shoot like that. I just don't have the eye. I'm still trying to do portrait shots like GIJock! And I feel like I'm still failing.

In any case Shane, glad to be of help.

Wausauviper
09-11-2006, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]If our capabilities get so big. Sooner or later we'll be workin' for Hasbro!!! :D[/QUOTE]

That would be just awful... ;) But I see what you guys are saying about improving from not only criticism, but also seeing what everyone else has come up with each day. I can honestly say I haven't seen this much talent, or felt this much of a tight knit online community since...well, ever. It's nice because despite the extremely rare bad apple, there is a great amount of mutual respect between the membership. That, in part, makes it all the more fun to visit on a daily basis. It's just fun to see what everyone is up to.

ToneGunsRevisited
09-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Wausauviper as you said here is a place where we all are respected. I'm proud the be a member of this group. It's nice when people like and when people don't like your work. People just get better if they know where are they missing things.

ender098
09-12-2006, 09:45 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I believe everyone can take decent pictures. It just takes a little effort and sometimes, poking & prodding by friends to fix the lil things.

It took me years to get there (give or take a better camera).

[/QUOTE]
I was waiting for someone to mention a better camera! LOL! Yeah, My shots have improved greatly. I have learned alot about lighting here and position. My 3 sniper shots were my best to date, and I'd like to thank all of you who were so critical. If you take it as a learning experience and not personal attacks, you can learn alot. :eek:

Sonneilon
09-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Frank, I fixed the quote, that's all.

The camera I originally had was a 1.5 mp or something like that. Came free with a computer Emi bought years ago. We still have it and Kody uses it as back-up when his battery runs out on his camera. I took a lot of dios with it and in a way, I didn't mind beating it up. But the camera I have now, I've learned more. It's a 5 MP camera. I don't need a 8 mp camera or one that costs $1200, but it would be nice. :D