PDA

View Full Version : Sigma 6 Season 2

Wausauviper
09-09-2006, 09:10 AM
Just got done watching the Sigma 6 Season 2 premiere and all I have to say is "WOW". Now mind you I was never a big fan of Sigma 6 before, but with what I saw today, I have a feeling that will change.

I won't ruin anything for those that haven't seen it yet, but I like the angle they are using for Stone and Firefly. Within the first half of the show you understand that there is a little bit of friction between Stone and Firefly which leads into who Firefly is really working for.

Darn it, now I have one more toy line to start collecting. :)

For those of you who saw it, what did you think ?

Swindle
09-09-2006, 09:35 AM
ah heck. I didn't even know it was coming on today.

I'll have to wait for it to show up on torrents.

bluestalker88
09-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I liked it, it was pretty neat to finally see the dragonhawk in action. I can't wait to see whats instore for the rest of the season :D

Sonneilon
09-09-2006, 09:59 AM
I heard about the episode from the con guys. Too bad we don't tv service so I have no idea what even happens in the cartoon, apart from the original 5-6 episodes.

bluestalker88
09-09-2006, 10:01 AM
you don't even have local channels??

Sonneilon
09-09-2006, 10:30 AM
You know how the world is. Everything is digital satellite now. Even if we had rabbit ears, I couldn't pick up anything because nobody transmits that way anymore. In the town we live in, there's 1 local channel (digital) and there's no way we could pick anything up from Seattle. The way we see it; why pay upwards of $60 for tv service (basic includes USA, MTV, etc) to watch maybe 1 or 2 shows? It's a waste of $$$ for us. We rely on video games and movies. lol.

bluestalker88
09-09-2006, 10:32 AM
you live in seatle. seatle wa? I have family over there. where are you located. last time I knew they live near mount wa I think

Sonneilon
09-09-2006, 10:39 AM
I grew up in Seattle. Lived across from NOAA and the Sand Point Naval Base.

I live in Bellingham now.

bluestalker88
09-09-2006, 10:45 AM
you wouldn't happen to know anyone by the last name Whittaker would you?
thats my family on my dads side. last time I know they have lived over there for a while.

Sonneilon
09-09-2006, 11:12 AM
No, not off the top of my head. I haven't lived in Seattle since... '93 or so. Well, I guess I did have a short stint in the U-District for a year but I lived in a few different places.

bluestalker88
09-09-2006, 11:22 AM
oh ok just thought I'd ask. anyways this season of sigma 6 looks like its going to be great

Dersham
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah its 50 bucks for basic here but we get specialty channels with things like Space (Canadian Scifi Channel), Comedy Central, Cartoon Channel etc, I'm more surprised that the Canadian Cartoon channel picked up Sigma 6 and here I thought the Canadian market was so anti-joe.

Lava Boss
09-09-2006, 08:58 PM
In just couple of years, broadcast t.v. signals in the U.S. will be changed, and you won't be able to pick up diddly squat without adapters. Most people are unaware of it...then, most people have cable. (some cable systems have a very basic package, but you have to harass them to find out about it, maybe because they know many people could due without 50% of the channels?)

The Fox affiliated on Cable/satellite here does't show cartoons satuday mornings , I have to pick up a fuzzy broadcast signal from the next Fox station over or wait until Sunday, when they actually show the Fox toons.

Aside from new characters, today's episode wasn't much different from last season, lots of repetative action and about 1/4 actual plot cotent compared to an 80's episode. Never mind animation differences, etc, when it comes to story telling, Sigma Six barely holds my attention. A shame, really.

Sonneilon
09-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Lava Boss, I agree. I'm a S6 toy fan. I look over the filecards and then throw 'em in a box and create my own thang. I managed to get thru the "Robot Rebellion/Rise of the Robots" story and while it had potential, it SUCKED in my eyes. Dumbing down the cartoon for kids doesn't make it a better cartoon. There is absolutely no reason why they need to dumb it down. Gundam Wing (and Gundam Whatever) were for kids and they didn't need to cater it to 8 yr olds. And guess what the huge fad was? Shoot, at least YuGiOh catered to 8-10 yr olds, y'know?

Anyway, from what I saw, it sucked. I liked the animation. I liked the new direction. I loved the lil things that added humor (Kamakura falling head first into the snow in Ep1). Even Duke being as wooden (as Keanu Reeves) was fine with me. What I couldn't stand was the incredibly amount of talking! By Ep6 (I think), Zartan is babbling on and on and on and on... Shut up and just start shooting!

I'd love to view ALL the episodes to get a better opinion but I'm guessing that the mini-series and the rest of SEason1 were about the same. And Season2, I understand things got fixed but if the writing can't be deeper or better, I'm not interested. The concepts are great, execution, as usual is quite poor.

Thanks LB. Now I don't mind missing the cartoon.

Lava Boss
09-11-2006, 10:08 AM
One jarring thing about season one was half-way through (or more, at least 7 episode into it), they decided Scarlett should sound more like Reba McIntyre. So for the first time ever she has a southern accent, they changed voices on her! They changed Duke, too, but it was far less noticable (he's a bit less monotone now).

One strange thing in season one was an episode set in Japan and there's a flashback to Snake-Eyes and Storm Shadow as kids...looking like silly anime midget versions of their current selves! :eek: