PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!!

Mobius_1
08-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Dear people of the joe community,
I am currently sixteen years old and am very fond of the G.I. joe toyline. most of my figures are power team and eversparkle. my mom is very skidish about online spending and always questions everything i buy. i dont have the kind of scenery most of you have, for i live in dead Edgmere Maryland. (Those who have google earth, look it up) I am currently working on a spoof that show joes in their "Real" environment. (namely me and my twin's bedroom.) if you could see it in your haerts to guide me down the right path, it would be much appreciated. :(

bluestalker88
08-30-2006, 04:48 PM
hey good to know I'm not they only twin here. anyways maybe you should try a big lots if you have one or a craft store. I find that some hobby shops have great stuff to use with gi joes. other then that maybe walmart?

Bayer
08-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Another good location for scenery is any city park. Understand that you will have a certain "Gawk" factor, as people have a curiosity when they see non-ten year olds "playing" with toys. But the parks can provide some background scenery and locations for shots. You can also work the Industrial angle using home built cityscapes married and/or overlaid with real city shots. This tends to require a bit of Photoshop work. Just look around. There is scenery everywhere, just use your imagination.

ToneGunsRevisited
08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
[QUOTE=Bayer]There is scenery everywhere, just use your imagination.[/QUOTE]
Bayer said it all. Maybe on a corner of your house is a perfect cobra command center, or in your backyard is a perfect place for hide a joe. You can use closet as a bunker, just let imagination drive you around. And welcome aboard!!!

Outrider
08-30-2006, 11:32 PM
I only have a smallish yard in the middle of suburbia myself, so I know what you mean. As others have said, local parks are cool (go early, not many people around then!) Failing that, even a single shrub or plant behind a figure, if you get the angle right, can look like a Joe (or Cobra) in the wild. I have even used an indoor potted plant as a background in some pics, and no-one ever noticed! ;)

Ion
08-31-2006, 04:07 AM
So we have similar experiences :) They said everything - the scenery is everywhere. Yep - it would need a bit of an imagination from you, but that shouldn't be a big problem. I looked up your Edgemere - you have some parks, shores, sand areas - places perfect for shooting up photos. And yes - it's all the matter of an angle.
And one more thing - don't expect that your first photos will be instantly superb. Practice makes perfect ya know :) Personally after 3 years of shooting dio stories - I'm still not 100% satisfied with my abilities :)

And - welcome aboard new picture shooter :)

Sonneilon
08-31-2006, 09:01 AM
I have a fairly nice backyard so I do a lot of pics back there. At the same time, you don't want to overuse the same place, which I'm known to do. I take a few figures with me almost wherever I go. Especially my parents' place since they have a wonderful yard. So like the guys said, if you go to the park, take a few figures. You go on vacation, take a few figures. And scout places out. If someplace looks even REMOTELY interesting, try a few figures there and see how ti works out.

Or you can learn to cut n paste with me and TG!

Sonneilon
08-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Oh that reminds... and this works because ya's a youngin...

If you shoot your JOe figures out in a public park, people will most likely comment. Just say it's for a class in High School. Or that it's an internet project or a college online course. :D

Bayer
09-02-2006, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Oh that reminds... and this works because ya's a youngin...

If you shoot your JOe figures out in a public park, people will most likely comment. Just say it's for a class in High School. Or that it's an internet project or a college online course. :D[/QUOTE]

Always a good reason...and if you do some interesting effects and post production with software...you might be able to submit for class credit later for Photography...Who knows.