PDA

View Full Version : First dio attempt

wolvie34
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
My first attempt at a dio. Right now it is pretty plain inside. Have some stuff coming from Marauders to fix it up. Sorry, no pictures of the front/outside, I couldn't wait to put some figures inside to see how it was looking. I have a roof done with 2 skylights and a access hatch. Again, didn't want to knock anything over putting it on and need to work on interior lighting. So, let me know what you all think of the inside, such as it is. Any comments/suggestions welcome and thanks for looking.

Bayer
04-26-2008, 09:28 PM
Great work! :)

Focus is soft on the first one...a problem I have with my digital camera. You just have to learn the damn thing's quirks and work around them. Nice work!

I look forward to more...both story and your structure.

wolvie34
04-26-2008, 09:34 PM
[QUOTE=Bayer]Great work! :)

Focus is soft on the first one...a problem I have with my digital camera. You just have to learn the damn thing's quirks and work around them. Nice work!

I look forward to more...both story and your structure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't too thrilled with the first pick. Just trying to give a general look at the loft. Picture taking not a strong point but easy to work on. Thanks for the comments.

Urban Saboteur
04-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Nice setup and choice of scenery. :)
I think what has been said already is enough. The second and third photos are great, in focus etc.
the figure selection is good. Are these photos the first of your selection or did you take many examples of them and pick from the best?

The best thing I find is to take 2-3 shots sometimes 5 of the same scene. Unless of course you know you've nailed it first shot, then when putting them onto the Cpu pick out of those which ones are the best.

This is a good start though, you should kick on with some encouragement and work towards some more ideas you might have already kicking around. :cool:

GoCards
04-27-2008, 09:07 PM
This was a good job. You set is really nice, too. There's a lot you could do with it.

Tracker
04-27-2008, 09:30 PM
very impressive. What did you use for a flooring on the second floor?

wolvie34
04-28-2008, 06:36 AM
[QUOTE=Urban Saboteur]Nice setup and choice of scenery. :)
Are these photos the first of your selection or did you take many examples of them and pick from the best?

[/QUOTE]

I took a couple of each and tried to use the clearest ones. Thanks for the positive comments. I'll try and get some outside and roof picks on this week.

wolvie34
04-29-2008, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=Tracker]very impressive. What did you use for a flooring on the second floor?[/QUOTE]

I was in Big Lots looking for misc. things to use on the dio in general and saw these bamboo placemats for a buck or something. It worked but wasn't exactly what I wanted (although I do like it a lot). I was trying to find something that would let a little more light show through to the first floor but couldn't find anything sturdy/flat enough to get the figures to stand on their own.

wolvie34
04-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Got some pics of the outside and holding cell. Still a work in process but mostly trim and little things here and there.

First pic - holding cell with Ace inside.

Second pic - Snake Eyes saying hello as only he can.

Third pic - Roadblock keeps watch while Stalker hands Ace a pistol (sorry, a little blurry)

Let me know that you think and any ideas to try. Thanks.

Tracker
04-30-2008, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE=wolvie34]I was in Big Lots looking for misc. things to use on the dio in general and saw these bamboo placemats for a buck or something. It worked but wasn't exactly what I wanted (although I do like it a lot). I was trying to find something that would let a little more light show through to the first floor but couldn't find anything sturdy/flat enough to get the figures to stand on their own.[/QUOTE]

Hummm interesting and a really good idea

thanks