PDA

View Full Version : Resourses From Other Toy Lines?

MEXJOE
08-07-2006, 12:09 AM
[COLOR=Navy]I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT OTHER TOY LINES USE TO COMPLEMENT YOUR OWN JOE UNIVERSE (EQUIPMENT OR ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR DIOS OR PICTURES? PERSONALLY USE "WORLD PEACEKEEPERS" SOME "STAR WARS" ACCESSORIES, AND A LOT TERRARIUM ITEMS SUCH WATERFALLS, HIDEOUTS, CARPET GRASS AND PLASTIC PLANTS FOR AQUARIUMS.[/COLOR]

Raven
08-07-2006, 03:24 AM
I use a lot of Star Wars accesories, such as clothing, scenery(computers) etc. Also the playsets are pretty cool for futuristic Cobra bases.

ToneGunsRevisited
08-07-2006, 05:45 AM
Chap Mei have many lines that you can use for dio purposes. And I'm always running trought toy shops. So you can always find some interest things.

Lava Boss
08-07-2006, 06:34 AM
You guys need to check out Big Lots, if you have one in your area.

This weekend I saw the set with the World Peace Keepers (Power Team) military life set with bunk bed, the locker and 3 marines for $5 and the camp set with cloth tent, campfire and 3 delta force guys, also $5.

I actually passed on them for now, because I'm tired of paying for figures I don't want, especially when I have all or most of them already. I mean, they should've included one figure and the set would be $3, I'd buy a few.

ToneGunsRevisited
08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]You guys need to check out Big Lots, if you have one in your area.

This weekend I saw the set with the World Peace Keepers (Power Team) military life set with bunk bed, the locker and 3 marines for $5 and the camp set with cloth tent, campfire and 3 delta force guys, also $5.

I actually passed on them for now, because I'm tired of paying for figures I don't want, especially when I have all or most of them already. I mean, they should've included one figure and the set would be $3, I'd buy a few.[/QUOTE]
Well If you weren't wide from here I would buy the figs from you!

Sonneilon
08-07-2006, 08:31 AM
Anybody who has looked thru my dio know that I use;

Playmobile
Microman
Star Wars
Alien Racers
Spiderman

ender098
08-07-2006, 10:18 AM
Star Wars, Rambo, The Hulk, Playmobil, Spawn, Power team, Van Helsing, Chap Mei, some old '80 GI Joe knockoff stuff (Remco Freedom Force maybe??) Tonka Steel Monsters (For Dreadnok Vehicles!), Waterworld, and I actually bought a MASH playset...cool picnic tables and hospital beds, and Pirates of the Carribean Ultimate Black Pearl playset.

But my ULTIMATE toys are my bridges. I have 3, a WWII pontoon treadway, a ponton treadway and a WWII Bailey. They are about 1:10 scale. They are models that the military used to train combat engineers with when they couldn't get the real bridges or the weather was too inclimate. As the military has totally migrated to the MGB (Medium Girder Bridge), they threw out their old models and I've been scooping them up on ebay! Check 'em out...... www.photos.yahoo.com/ender098

Outrider
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
PTE and 21st Century Toys for some great vehicles, and Schleich for realistic animals and some buildings.

Lava Boss
08-07-2006, 11:57 AM
[QUOTE=ender098]Star Wars, Rambo, The Hulk, Playmobil, Spawn, Power team, Van Helsing, Chap Mei, some old '80 GI Joe knockoff stuff (Remco Freedom Force maybe??) Tonka Steel Monsters (For Dreadnok Vehicles!), Waterworld, and I actually bought a MASH playset...cool picnic tables and hospital beds, and Pirates of the Carribean Ultimate Black Pearl playset.[/quote]

Remco had like a dozen names for their 3 3/4" military lines, American Defense was exclusive to K-Mart (and later used non-remco figures).

I've seen the MASH set you mention. My brother and I had 2 ambulances and the helicopter, which broke immediately. The ambulance saw a lot of use, though.

But my ULTIMATE toys are my bridges. I have 3, a WWII pontoon treadway, a ponton treadway and a WWII Bailey. They are about 1:10 scale. They are models that the military used to train combat engineers with when they couldn't get the real bridges or the weather was too inclimate. As the military has totally migrated to the MGB (Medium Girder Bridge), they threw out their old models and I've been scooping them up on ebay! Check 'em out...... www.photos.yahoo.com/ender098

Those are cool. They definately allow for unique displays.

Bayer
08-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Playmobil
StarWars, Starwars, did I mention Starwars?
ChapMei
Remco
World Peacekeepers
21st Century Toys
BBI toys
1:6th Scale GI Joe/World Peacekeepers

I'm always on the lookout for the MASH camp playset

Renegade
08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
any pics of the mash playset?

also, I use anything in scale with the Joes. from pte, bbi ( a favorite due to looks and design even if the articulation isn't up to par ) remco, lenard corps, and marvel showdown figs.

ender098
08-10-2006, 06:37 PM
http://www.toymania.com/334archives/mash/base.htm

It's pretty cool when all the tents are assembled. They have picnic tables and benches, hospital beds, a basketball hoop, the sign with their hometowns on it, and other cool stuff

http://www.geocities.com/ender098/MASH_Stuff.JPG

Renegade
08-14-2006, 08:45 AM
That is just too damn cool.

Lava Boss
08-15-2006, 07:04 AM
It's so strange they made toys based on M.A.S.H.

Re-enact Alan Alda's cynical humor on war and medicine! Have him harass Hot Lips! Watch Klinger try to get a section 8! Have David Ogden Stiers annoy everyone!

If you haven't read other joe boards, check out Big Lots. I got a nice cargo humvee for $13, includes 3 oil drums, 2 jerry cans and a crate, plus 2 figures.

I might pick up the covered version sometime, too. though.

Wausauviper
08-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Once again I have learned something from you guys. I never thought about going to Big Lots. I always thought of it as a junk store and now I have a new found interest in it. Thanks guys for the tip.

Sonneilon
08-16-2006, 11:44 AM
It IS a junk store. That's why you can find obscure stuff! :D

fightingswords
08-16-2006, 03:54 PM
one man's junk is anothers treasure.

Wausauviper
08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Went to Big Lots today and saw quite a few "Unique" items I could potentially use. I could see parts of the different sets being useful as filler vehicles or light support vehicles. Of course with my COBRA Tendencies I would have to repaint, but I digress. :)

Lava Boss
08-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Really weird stuff can be found at dollar stores, not so much the chain ones, but the locally owned ones. Chap-Mei knocks offs, 6 figures for a $1, poor quality of course. Non-poseable parachute figures, most based on knock-offs, but one based on GvsC Scarlett! (even for a buck it's not worth the novelty, as its poorly painted)

Wausauviper
08-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Is Chap-Mei a better resource than Elite Force or the like ? I am really getting a craving for starting some custom and Dio work, but need to build up my resources a little bit before the leap. Ideas guys?

ender098
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeah, those junk stores have given me tons of unique tools. I have chairs from a $1 barbie (or Little bratz) knock-off set, they were pink, but nothing a $.97 can of gray primer couldn't fix!

I got a knock off set of joe like figures, they were trash, but the set had like 6 knock off Torpedo V1 spearguns! I outfitted all my seals with backup weapons. Keep on the lookout, and remember if the color is off...spraypaint it! LOL!