PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe Comic

silentdusty
04-10-2008, 06:15 AM
Well folks,

Alot of the buzz on some of the comic book boards, though nothing official is coming out, that IDW has picked up the license for GI Joe after it's run ends on DDP. Now I've seen alot of animosity towards the DDP run, however, overall, I though they did a great job. That's not to say there weren't any misses, but even the original comic wasn't consistently great, of course if you read some posts, the original could do no wrong.

So here's looking forward to IDW's run, and lets hope that they continue to maintain GI Joe's good name.

LordRaven
04-10-2008, 06:17 AM
IDW ain't bad. At least they're not giving it back to Marvel. Gah. Marvel sucks the big one these days....Secret Invasion my arse.

Self-Modifier
04-10-2008, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=LordRaven]IDW ain't bad. At least they're not giving it back to Marvel. Gah. Marvel sucks the big one these days....Secret Invasion my arse.[/QUOTE]

Actually, considering how much I've despised a lot of what Marvel has done since Quesada took over, I'm surprisingly enjoying Secret Invasion... I keep hoping they're going to use it as a way to backpedal away from some of the stupid things they've done lately.

"Evil Tony Stark? He was a Skrull all along!"

"Cat Beast? Skrull who didn't do his 'what does this guy look like' homework!"

"The Ant Man who got blown up on the Avengers' front lawn? Tiny Skrull."

"That Spider-Man who chose to sacrifice his marriage in order to let his frail aunt (who will probably die tomorrow) live? One of the stupidest Skrulls I've ever met!"

I'd thrown the assassinated Cap in there, but it looks like that may be resolved in his own title.

Of course, I realize most (or all) of this is pretty much not going to happen, but the story still seems pretty good so far.

And I'll never stop praying for the second one to come true. I hate, hate, HATE Cat Beast with a passion. He's a blue monkey or a man, and that's it!!!!

General Scarlett
04-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Comics are :cool:

lehsreh
04-10-2008, 09:20 AM
[COLOR=Red]i agree that DD got a lot of bad rep that they did not deserve. i like their run. but they did kill to many key characters. thats why im more then glad to see them lose it. i dont like IDW, so i dont know if its going to be a good thing or not. and your right about marvel doing just as much bad things with joe as DD did, but also like you said, most think hama could do no wrong.[/COLOR]

Rambo
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Excuse me... I am not informed... what is Secret Invasion? a GI Joe comic? :confused:

silentdusty
04-10-2008, 03:05 PM
Secret Invasion is the latest Marvel Epic storyline, if it goes as per previous storylines (House of M, Civil War) it will effect pretty much all of the titles except the Ultimate series'. The last two were horrendous, House of M just completely messed up the Marvel Universe, and Civil War made it worse. I think it's time to put Joe Quesada out to pasture and retcon the entire Marvel Universe, but this isn't about our beefs with Marvel, it's all about GI Joe, and it looks like it shall continue. :)

Flint
04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
I just hope who ever gets it that they bring certain dead characters back to life like Lady Jaye, Chuckles, etc.... :)

guiltridden
04-11-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm a big comics nerd Secret Invasion good so far, but this is joes. DDP I liked a lot Killing main charaters they are fighting a war there should be casualties. The current arc is excellent and I hope whoever picks up the liscence at least tries to keep the same (loose) continuity from the marvel/ddp issues.

Rambo
04-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Thank you Silentdusty for the explanation.