PDA

View Full Version : Target Range AUGUST

Sonneilon
07-17-2006, 02:24 PM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Target Range – AUGUST

The Target Range is a group project where people take specific days and post a Joe or Cobra (or good guy or bad guy) and the community takes their shots at them. It’s rant or rave when a character shows up on the Target Range!

Posting days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Please keep in mind that we are usually only dealing 1 character so make sure that character is the focus (if doing a group picture, don’t put them in the back w/ their backs to the viewer, like me!). Also the affiliations go good/bad/good/bad/good/bad and in the case of Storm Shadow; utterly confused.

Title: Target Range Character (yr or version)

Key Word: TRCharacter

Please PM or sign up here. It’s up to you if you want to reveal who you are doing.

8/21 – [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Cobra - Gatilho[/COLOR]
8/23 – [COLOR=Green]Joe -Jay[/COLOR]
8/25 – [COLOR=SeaGreen]Cobra - BlueStalker88 - Dibs on Destro S6[/COLOR]
8/28 – [COLOR=DarkGreen]Joe - Outrider - Dibs on Ambush[/COLOR]
8/30 – [COLOR=DarkGreen]Cobra - Outrider - Dibs on Blackout 2003[/COLOR][/SIZE]

If there are any problems, please let me know. I’ll fill in last minute if there are problems.[/FONT]

ToneGunsRevisited
07-17-2006, 03:06 PM
8/14 and 8/16 are mine. Let Iron Grenadier and Low Light for me!

Jay
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll take 8/9 and 8/11

Gatilho
07-18-2006, 04:56 AM
[font=Arial]Can I take 8/18 – Joe and 8/21 – Cobra? :) [/font]

[font=Arial]Gatilho[/font]

bluestalker88
07-18-2006, 06:30 AM
put me down for 8/25 if thats possible. I will try and do the new destro if thats ok

Jay
07-18-2006, 03:16 PM
I'll take 8/23 if no one wants it.

By the way, Sonnelion, where is that original recipe Sgt. Slaughter? I did a search for Sarge pics and the closest one I got to a custom was the one I just submitted.

Sonneilon
07-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Sgt Slaughter by Blowtorch (http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2106&c=7)

I looked it up and found it. You can see what the 'key terms' they used were. Everyone does it a little differently so sometimes, it can be very difficult to find.

Jay
07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Sgt Slaughter by Blowtorch (http://www.joedios.com/dioramas/showimage.php?i=2106&c=7)

I looked it up and found it. You can see what the 'key terms' they used were. Everyone does it a little differently so sometimes, it can be very difficult to find.[/QUOTE]
Oh, okay. But this is the v2 Slaughter from 1986, doesn't seem to be an original recipe. Yeah, I know, I'm being nitpicky. :p

Sonneilon
07-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Is it the v2? From 86??? Wasn't the 1st Slaughter from 86? I was never a fan of the guy so I never paid attention. I take it you want to do the original recipe?

Ok, ok, I looked him up on yojoe.com. The version Blowtorch threw down sure looks like THIS ONE (http://www.yojoe.com/action/85/sgtslaughter.shtml). I looked at v2 and he has camo pants. THIS version looks to have been a mailaway. I had forgotten about the mailaway offer.

Jay
07-18-2006, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Is it the v2? From 86??? Wasn't the 1st Slaughter from 86? I was never a fan of the guy so I never paid attention. I take it you want to do the original recipe?[/QUOTE]
Nope, the first Slaughter was a mail-away figure released in 1985, who sported a green tank top with the USA letters on it and black tight pants. The v2 came with the Triple T "tank" and reused the same upper body as the first, but traded in the wrestling tights with some baggier camo green pants. v3 is the Warthog driver and v4 is the Slaughter's Marauders edition.

No, I don't really want to do an "original recipe" version of Slaughter. I prefer to stick with the previous guideline of trying to do a Target Range of a character that hasn't been photographed yet, for variety's sake. So until a LOT of other characters have been done and I've run low on figures to photograph, I'll stick to adding new characters to the list instead. :)

bluestalker88
07-19-2006, 08:06 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Target Range – AUGUST

8/25 – [COLOR=SeaGreen]Cobra - BlueStalker88 - Dibs on Destro VvV[/COLOR]
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

actually I was hoping to do the sigma 6 destro if thats ok if its out by then. cause I have been working on a whole winter set for him, but if I can't do simga 6 I will pick someone else and get back to you.

Thanks

Sonneilon
07-19-2006, 09:47 PM
ooooooooh... THAT version Destro. You COULD be a really funny and do the 2.5" version that comes with the mech. ;) Hmmmmmm, that might not be a bad idea... lol.

Sonneilon
08-18-2006, 09:02 AM
*bump*

Bluestalker, did you get Destro yet? You've still got a week.

Just to let you guys know, I'll be posting the Target Range listing for September early next week.

Yo.

bluestalker88
08-18-2006, 02:03 PM
yup I got em just now gotta get a good pic of him. I did a custom outfit(uniform) for him. I hope you guys like it