PDA

View Full Version : Decals

CanadianTimber
07-02-2006, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone,
I am brand new to this. I have played around with dios in the past under different themes, but have been out of the loop for years. I am interested in getting back into dio building and have been SLOWLY working on accumulating parts and pieces.

Alas, there is one critical incredient I seem to be missing and was hoping for some advice.

I want to use the cobra symbol EN MASSE. I have a couple vehicles I have been customizing and as steady as my hand is, I can't hand paint a good cobra symbol (especially not when it gets to a size smaller than a quarter).

BUT, I am sure I would struggle just as much with larger symbols which I will also need.

SO,

How do you make/paint/print/create cobra symbols to attach to vehicles and dios.

I have thought of clear plastic sticker material and printing them out, but then the sticker will be both reflective and will cover details in the plastic. Also, I don't have a printer, and so would need a Kinko's or some such (Office depot and Staples said their printers were too hot and would melt the plastic adhesive)

I have thought of a stencil. but can't conceive of how to make one (or many for different sizes).

Help please.
Thanks.

Outrider
07-02-2006, 10:20 PM
The best place I have found for Cobra decals is reprolabels.com. They sell a sheet of about 50 Cobra sigils of various colours and sizes for a reasonable price (can't remember exactly how much). I have used them on all my custom Cobra vehicles (and even on figures with the small stickers!) and they are as good as the original Hasbro plastic sheet stickers. :)

CanadianTimber
07-03-2006, 04:43 AM
Cool,
That sticker sheet looks like it might just do the trick. How big is the largest sticker?

And I guess I'm still left wondering, do these stickers kill underlying details? If I were to put the sticker over a mesh grating will it be CLEARLY visible that it's a sticker? or will it blend alright?

Anyone know of other ways to apply the cobra sigil that I haven't thought of? Is there a good template? or trick to making them by hand?

Outrider
07-03-2006, 11:45 AM
The largest ones are big enough for large vehicle markings and the clarity of the plastic is as good as, if not better than Hasbro stickers.