PDA

View Full Version : Whoa!! ~ a REAL GIJoe among us ~

donsbabyboo
06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
I would like to say WHOA & Congratulations to Luke Ellison
whom i heard is one of the Steel Brigade figures in the upcoming 6-pack!!!

thats awesome :eek:

donsbabyboo
06-30-2006, 05:48 PM
makes me wonder if the character PLAGUE is based on
Craig ~kinda rhymes too~ if he shaved his head? :p
http://generalsjoes.com/images/joecon_06_gallery/6packs/images/plague-4_jpg.jpg

~ just teasin, Outrider!! ;)

Sonneilon
06-30-2006, 07:41 PM
You didn't know?

Luke entered a "become a GI Joe" contest thru FHM about 2 years ago. The winner got to go Hasbro HQ as well as have a nice dinner w/ Billy Lagor and co. Luke got to see all sorts of things and it is THERE that we learned that the original sculpted molds can be tight, it's the mass production process that can ruin them. In any case, he dressed up as Shipwreck and we got a report from him. We knew he'd be a figure... Eventually. Luke thought Wave5 DTC but as it turns out, he's leading the Steel Brigade instead! Either way, he's a lucky dude!

Buckwheat826
06-30-2006, 08:36 PM
This will be my first "official" congrats to the Lukester. Props man, the fig looks sharp!

Outrider
06-30-2006, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=donsbabyboo]makes me wonder if the character PLAGUE is based on
Craig ~kinda rhymes too~ if he shaved his head? :p
http://generalsjoes.com/images/joecon_06_gallery/6packs/images/plague-4_jpg.jpg

~ just teasin, Outrider!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Gotta admit ignorance on this one...first I've heard of the Steel Brigade six pack or Plague. Better go have a look, I guess. BTW Don, I usually go for the no. 2 blade, so that ain't far away from shaved!! ;)

donsbabyboo
07-01-2006, 12:47 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]You didn't know?[/QUOTE]
I completely had no idea!! :eek:

[QUOTE=Outrider]Gotta admit ignorance on this one...first I've heard of the Steel Brigade six pack or Plague. Better go have a look, I guess. BTW Don, I usually go for the no. 2 blade, so that ain't far away from shaved!! ;)[/QUOTE]
Yep, 2 all new 6-packs, did you see the Viper Pit 6-pack yet?
Itll knock your socks off :eek:
http://generalsjoes.com/images/joecon_06_gallery/6packs/images/viperpit-2_jpg.jpg
http://generalsjoes.com/images/joecon_06_gallery/6packs/images/viperpit-3_jpg.jpg
Cant wait to see the comic packs ~ if there are any for Wave5

I used to go #1 blade myself, cheaper to buy a $30 electric razor
rather than pay $15 every 2 weeks at Supercuts!! :rolleyes:

Gatilho
07-01-2006, 07:32 AM
That' amazing, congrats man!

Raven
07-01-2006, 10:21 AM
You are truely honoured Luke, and you'll be a welcome addition to my Joe team :D

Now can you resist the call of the ego?
Or are Sgt. Slaughter and Super Trooper going to have a run for their money in terms of overpowered joes?

Sonneilon
07-01-2006, 11:52 AM
If it counts for anything, Drew Swenson (1-time military advisor for the comic as well as all around Joe bud; goes by the name Recondo) and Brandon Jerwa (wrote several issues of the DDP GI Joe) wrote the filecards for both 6 packs.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Luke, Red Zone was all Brandon's buddy. We had no idea which character was going to be you. Brandon wrote Red Zone, I wrote Rook's (notice the birthplace, lol), and we both wrote Checkpoint's card. I just wanted to let you know so that you could send a little love to the right guy (I know that Brandon would like to hear it). But man, it is SO cool to see the write-ups in official file card form! I am so proud of Gallows' & Rook's cards (sorry if that sounds a little dramatic).. it darn near brings tears to my eyes, lol.

Oh, and to finish the credits, Brandon wrote Grim Skull, I wrote Gallows, and we both contributed to Guillotine.

Hope you guys like 'em.[/COLOR]

For the official thread...

Talk of the 6 packs on JBL (http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Outrider
07-01-2006, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=donsbabyboo]I used to go #1 blade myself, cheaper to buy a $30 electric razor
rather than pay $15 every 2 weeks at Supercuts!! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You said it, Don. My wife is now an expert weilder of the clippers. :D

Luke Ellison
07-01-2006, 04:39 PM
I fully expect some comedic and/or heroic pics of my figure from you guys when it hits... just please no putting my head on Scarletts body or Raptors body... my father would disown me. :D

ToneGuns
07-01-2006, 05:16 PM
[QUOTE=Luke Ellison]just please no putting my head on Scarletts body or Raptors body... my father would disown me. :D[/QUOTE]
We would never do something like that. We can be more evil :cool: . What about a Theme Week with this idea when everybody get his own Luke Ellison? :D

Serious talkin' now. Congratulations Luke! After what happen to you in the last days this will put more light on your life. Peace!

Raven
07-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Haha, I can see it now.
The legs of Overlord, the torso of Darklon, the arms of Raptor and the head of Luke...

gung ho
07-04-2006, 01:34 PM
how do you register to become a gi joe some one give me a link

ToneGuns
07-04-2006, 02:34 PM
[QUOTE=gung ho]how do you register to become a gi joe some one give me a link[/QUOTE]
Hey man! Try to read all the post, hehehe! :D

Gatilho
07-08-2006, 05:11 AM
[QUOTE=Luke Ellison]I fully expect some comedic and/or heroic pics of my figure from you guys when it hits... just please no putting my head on Scarletts body or Raptors body... my father would disown me. :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you know Brazil, but your figure will know as soon as possible :D

Gatilho

The Leader
07-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Luke, you lucky son of a gun!

bluestalker88
07-10-2006, 06:46 AM
I think its great that a real joe fan gets to live out a real gi joe experience. its really cool I can't wait to see the figure! :) :D