PDA

View Full Version : Gotta cancel my dios...

Luke Ellison
06-26-2006, 08:39 AM
(SEE LAST POST BY ME ON PAGE 2) -edit

Last week, a storm rolled through and flooded our basement, destroying all my dio sets I spent the last 3 months (and hundreds of bucks) building... lots of custom stuff and artwork was wrecked, and lightning hit a pole outside my house frying my new computer, monitor, and several other electronic items... insurance is only for structural damage, so all the cleaning and replacements have to come out of our pockets... sadly, I have to cancel my planned dio sequels and sell off alot of stuff to pay for repairs... within the next week or so be looking a huge listing of figures, vehicles, dio accessories, weapons and misc items I will be selling to raise funds for repairs.

Sonneilon
06-26-2006, 09:11 AM
[SIZE=7]OH NO![/SIZE]

Dude, I am so sorry. I was looking forward to the next installment. Man, that sucks not just the fact you lost your sets, but the $$$ amount of damage to your basement/home. :(

Bayer
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
I am so sorry to hear about the destruction. Maybe you will be able to get something together after things get cleaned up. Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Gatilho
06-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Oh man! So sorry! :(

donsbabyboo
06-26-2006, 10:16 AM
oh man, thats absolutely horrible... :(

I was really looking forward to seeing your 2nd Dio too.
Were you able to take some pix already?
Would you be willing to still post them on here?

Blowtorch
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopfully your Joes can be saved.

The Leader
06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
This just totally bites. :mad: I'm so sorry that this happened to you. :(

ToneGuns
06-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Good look on cleaning and in your sales. I hope you can reconstruct all your sets, customs and dios.

We said something here like the rings goes and the fingers stay.

Hammerfel
06-26-2006, 07:22 PM
We should take up a collection. Do you have a Paypal account? Please post the address to it. I want to help out.

emike
06-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Man, I am really sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out OK. Sometimes the hobby has to take backseat to home and family. Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. You're an amazing dio-artist and I hope someday you can return to the hobby. I was really looking forward to the next two chapters. That morgue set looked unbelievably cool. Good luck bro.

Luke Ellison
06-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Thanks everyone for your concern... we got the basement cleaned out, but I still have to replace all my fried electronics... when the lightning struck I could feel it in my teeth and the wife said her hair stood up on end... I'm certainly not done with dios, just my big projects have to be cancelled as I had spent wayyyy to much time and money on them... but I have some smaller, managable ones in mind... I have the first third of the sequel filmed, but sadly the last half is what had all the major sets... I had an alleyway, rooftop, warehouse, stairwell, hallway, and elevatopr shaft all finished and self lit with dollhouse lights and vents and fake water I got from a model train shop... never got any photos of them done cause I was planning on finishing up the pictures this month anyways... oh well... rest assured I am keeping the basement empty from artwork from now on!

I'll try to post the first third when I replace my computer and modem... until then, keep shooting and keep your toys dry!

Dune Echo
06-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Is there any memorial preview shots still available anywhere?

picollogoku
06-27-2006, 05:09 PM
you are by far one of the best it is a shame this happened.

bluestalker88
07-10-2006, 07:02 AM
I really sorry that happened to you the same thing happened to me last year, thats why I do most of my big things either in my room or living room then I move them to the up stairs where they will be dry.
I hope you are able to do g.i. joe dios but your family sounds like that they need you right now.

Luke Ellison
08-13-2006, 07:24 AM
Well, the house is pretty much patched up... and I've slowly been rebuilding my dio supplies... I was going to sell off alot of supplies to pay for repairs, but it looks like I can wait on that until this chapter is finished... thanks everyone for your help... a third of the sequel is shot and I will be shooting today as well... I might actually be able to get this done sooner than I thought!

Sephron13
08-13-2006, 11:42 AM
That's REALLY great news Luke! Very much looking forward to this!

The Leader
08-14-2006, 09:55 AM
That's freakin' awesome! I can't wait to see your next dio!