PDA

View Full Version : Theme #12

Sonneilon
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
Here's a bunch of ideas. Shoot 'em down or choose 1! :D

Just for clarification...

-For the Roadblock/RnR choice, you can choose both or one. Up to you. Be interesting to see them fighting side by side. ;)

-Customs. Maybe you missed the last customs theme? I figure this is a good chance to show stuff you didn't have ready, forgot about, or simply want us to revisit. It's not like my Lt. Graydon hasn't shown up a few times, y'know?

ToneGuns
06-25-2006, 06:54 PM
It's time for MARS!

Dersham
06-25-2006, 11:16 PM
I seem to keep voting with ToneGuns, but then thats just what i think would look cool.

Sonneilon
06-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm surprised TG didn't jump at the MARs chance a week or two ago. I'm surprised more people aren't going for it. I thought EVERYONE loved Destro and his manufactured army. Btw, I usually don't reveal what I choose, but I went for Scrap Iron. In which, I'm getting ready to head out and shoot a few pics. Even if he doesn't win, I'll post them this weekend or so. Now where's the geek smiley?

Jay
06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't give two monkeys about MARS. I always found it an unnecessary addition to the GIJoe world.

I'm going with customs so I can show off my stuff.

Gatilho
06-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Aquatic Forces sounds great!

Lava Boss
06-27-2006, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I voted aquatic, too.

I never called Destro's organization M.A.R.S., in fact, that name stopped appearing in Joe stuff early on, possibly because of Mars Incorporated candy makers. At any rate, the name is something fans latched onto, like Scrap-Iron working for Destro, that never made outside the file cards (excluding Devil's Due, which is authorized fan fiction).

I liked the Iron Grenadiers, the vintage group. Currently, I'm rather apathetic about them.

Sonneilon
06-27-2006, 08:49 AM
The whole Destro-having-his-own-army thing was kinda cool. It made sense that a gamemaster like him would want an army to protect his assets. I enjoyed seeing him come in force during the Cobra War. But I got out of Joe after that so I wasn't aware of all these other classes or just how big it got. As it stands now, Destro is just an arms dealer w/ a few hired guns (ie; IGs).