PDA

View Full Version : Music

Sonneilon
06-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok, real names and locations have been covered.

How 'bout music? What you guys listen to?

Gatilho
06-24-2006, 09:31 AM
I like almost anything from classical music (such as Bach, Vivaldi, etc) to Heavy Metal (Symphony X, Sepultura, etc). :)

donsbabyboo
06-24-2006, 09:51 AM
jeez almost anything that I personally like to fit the mood im in

it can range from Chopin's Ballade #4 in F <this is especially helpful when stuck in rush hour traffic>
to Jay-Zs "99 Problems" <usually when i'm just chillin>, to Black Eyes Peas "Pump It" <usually before I play some pickup basketball at the park>
to Red Hot Chilli Peppers "Dani California"...

altho my favorite VIDEO at the moment would be Pussy Cat Dolls "Buttons" ngawr

ToneGuns
06-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Rolling Stones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Thin Lizzy, Pearl Jam, U2, Barão Vermelho, Van Hallen, The Doors, Aerosmith, Guns N' Roses, Celso Blues Boy, Blackfoot, Oasis, Pink Floyd, George Thorogood, Stephen Wolf, Skid Row, Led Zeppelin, 3 Doors Down, Queen, Alice in Chains, Kiss and Blind Melon. Maybe I forgot someone.

Sonneilon
06-24-2006, 11:12 AM
TG, I thought you'd have GnR listed first. ;)

Personally, I'm usually a heavy metal kid but I dabble in everything.

Iron Maiden
Metallica
Misfits
Fear Factory

BeeGees
Abba
Pet Shop Boys
Michael Jackson

Chimaira
Rammstein
Faith No More
Slayer
and various 80s, techno, dance, pop and metal singles.

Give or take soundtracks, particularly FFX and Burn the Floor.

Jay
06-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Japanese rock, mainly, but also:
Peter Gabriel
Our Lady Peace
Cartoon and video game-related music.
Gorillaz
Weird Al Yankovic

A few other things too.

ToneGuns
06-24-2006, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]TG, I thought you'd have GnR listed first. ;)

Personally, I'm usually a heavy metal kid but I dabble in everything.

Misfits

[/QUOTE]

Attitute! Yeah!!!

Outrider
06-24-2006, 02:29 PM
Mostly guitar stuff; CCR (legends for us old guys!), The Pretenders, Pink Floyd, Unforgiven, Death in Vegas, The Moffs, The Angels (called Angel City in the U.S.) But the absolute favourite? The Church, who you probably never heard of, an Aussie band from the 80's with a psychedelic edge and a unique ringing guitar sound. Their second album, "The Blurred Crusade" from '82, is still my favourite to this day.

G.I.*Jock
06-24-2006, 03:46 PM
I love a lot of different kinds of music, both old and new! Infact my tastes are all over the place. My all time favourites include The Cure, The Manic Street Preachers, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Paul Weller and the Jam, Coldplay are fantastic as are the Kaiser Cheifs! Embrace, Franz Ferdinand and Idlewild have there moments too!

I can't forget REM, fantastic stuff! As is most of U2's music. I like most of Madonna's stuff after around the mid 90s. Love Queen and a lot of stuff by INXS as well!

Perhaps I shouldn't admit to this one, but I love most of the stuff the Sugababes have done to date, especially their covers of 80s hits :D

Right now though, I've been trying to listen to the Arcade Fire, Some of their songs are okay, one in particular I love is called 'Rebellion (lies)'

Also currently, I'm loving Goldfrapp's album, Supernature very much! :D

Ion
07-03-2006, 02:06 AM
I haven't noticed that topic earlier... weird :)

But, if we're up to music - like Sonnelion I'm rather into Heavy Metal than any others.
To be precise - mostly heavy/power/melodic black/death/viking/folk. Hmm... those are almost all sub generes :P Excluding only raw black/death and thrash (though Metallica as a classic is simply... classic :) )

I maybe don't put any band names as most of them are not so very known, but if you like - feel free to ask.

Apart from Heavy I grew up on Queen - for me still and forever the best band in history. No other had ALL of their albums as good as the rest. And in addition all kind of classic rock - though not as much as Heavy.

Lava Boss
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Not so much into music these days. Can't remember the last CD I bought. I like AC/DC, ZZ Top, The Police, Sting, Inner Circle, Pulp, The Cars, 80's new wave.

Usually listen to alternative and rock stations. I used to like rap, but in recent years...just less and less talented peformers becoming popular. I suppose that applies to all types of music nowdays or Im getting old.

Sonneilon
07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
I listen to the same old stuff, LavaBoss. When I'm in the car on long drives, I actually listen to the classic rock station *shudder*. I NEVER listened to the old stuff, y'know? Maybe it has to do with age but I believe it's due to the lack of decent artists out there. It's why I can listen to the same Pet Shop Boys tunes over and over again. Not that I don't have a modest library, I just don't listen to most of it.

Raven
07-04-2006, 04:10 AM
I have kinda weird taste. My favourite bands are Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Queensryche, followed by guitarists such as Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen, Jimi Hendrix and Joe Satriani. Prog metal like Tool or Symphony-X are enjoyable. Then It'll go crazy and enjoy electro like Kraftwerk and Jean Michael Jarre. (also I love 80's pop)
I'm a fan of Frank Zappa as well :)
Queen is another big favourite, as well as Pink FLoyd.

And yeah I also listen to classical/orchestrial and Videogame musics. Got Behtoven's 9th symphony, and Paschabel's Kanon on my mp3 plaer :D

Gatilho
07-08-2006, 05:45 AM
[QUOTE=Outrider]But the absolute favourite? The Church, who you probably never heard of, an Aussie band from the 80's with a psychedelic edge and a unique ringing guitar sound. Their second album, "The Blurred Crusade" from '82, is still my favourite to this day.[/QUOTE]

In the 80's, the rock stations here in São Paulo - Brazil played The Church a lot but I don't think someone remember that.

Ion
07-08-2006, 10:58 AM
Heym you got there in Sao Paulo a goddamn great gig by Bruce Dickinson :) One of the greatest live recordings I've heard :) But that's just a small off topic :)

Sonneilon
07-08-2006, 12:23 PM
Yeah man, that Rock In Rio thang was HUGE! That woulda been something to be at!

Raven
07-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Sao Paulo, wasn't that the Buce Dickenson solo gig... SCREAM FOR ME BRAZIL!
I love that album. Especially The Tower and King in Crimson.

bluestalker88
07-10-2006, 02:15 PM
well for staters my real name is Nick I am 18 and live in Maine. anyways the music I like is more of a punk rock pop kinda thing.... I like good charlotte simple plan, blink 182 and a lot of other bands like that. I'm also open to classical and some other types of music :)

Ion
07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Yep, but Rock in Rio was also a great thing! Those Brazillians are just awesome :)
And Scream For Me... - all tracks rock in that arrangment. They are a bit better than the studio versions :)

LordRaven
07-12-2006, 06:57 AM
Shaneomac here, I think my desert island CD would have to be "Gordon" by the Barenaked Ladies. This is when they were good and hadn't sold out. This album is fun in parts, and sad in others. It's perfect and I'll never get sick of hearing it. Also a big fan of Metllica, Slayer, Gwar, Johnny Cash, Insane Clown Posse, alot of traditonal irish drinkin songs like "Whiskey In The Jar" and "Minstrel Boy" Rob Zombie, Manowar, Nightwish, Evanescence (I'm going to marry Amy Lee someday). I really like hearing coversof songs. I found a version of John Denver's Country Roads done by a Jamacian Reggae band. I also have two songs that I wrote and recorded with my friend I am fond of.

Gatilho
07-15-2006, 07:08 AM
[QUOTE=Ion]Yep, but Rock in Rio was also a great thing! Those Brazillians are just awesome :)
And Scream For Me... - all tracks rock in that arrangment. They are a bit better than the studio versions :)[/QUOTE]

Brazillian people likes music a lot, sometimes it is possible to see some big events like Rock in Rio or the giant Rolling Stones concert on the beach :)

snakeeater
07-18-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm mostly into metal, myself. I like bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Death, Carcass, and for newer stuff, I've liked recent albums by Rammstein, Nevermore, Lamb of God, Sadus, and Opeth.

Gatilho
07-19-2006, 04:32 AM
[QUOTE=snakeeater]I'm mostly into metal, myself. I like bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Death, Carcass, and for newer stuff, I've liked recent albums by Rammstein, Nevermore, Lamb of God, Sadus, and Opeth.[/QUOTE]

Sadus is very brutal!

Gatilho

snakeeater
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=Gatilho]Sadus is very brutal!

Gatilho[/QUOTE]

I've been into them for a while and Out for Blood is one of my favorite albums of the year. Really underrated band with Steve DiGiorgio (also played with Death, Testament and a lot of others), one of the best bass players in metal.

Sonneilon
08-06-2006, 06:49 PM
OMG! Someone brought up Testament! I used to have that old album w/ Souls of Black on it. I thought they were so cool until I started listening to Slayer and Fear Factory.

ToneGunsRevisited
08-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Guys, what did happen to old good rock n' roll? :p As far as I can see just me and Craig are supporting good old rock n' roll! :eek:

MEXJOE
08-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Rock, Progresive And Heavy Metal Are My Passion!.
Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, Metallica, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, U2, The Police, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Carlos Santana, Dream Theater, Steve Vai, And The List Continue.............

Gatilho
08-07-2006, 04:26 AM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]Guys, what did happen to old good rock n' roll? :p As far as I can see just me and Craig are supporting good old rock n' roll! :eek:[/QUOTE]

Hey TG, I like some old stuff such as Pink Floyd, Rush, Queen, Doors, Hendrix, Deep Purple, Santana, Whistesnake and some bands from the 80`s such as U2, Simple Minds, INXS, REM and so on.

As I said I like everything from Vivaldi to Anasarca.