PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

donsbabyboo
06-08-2006, 08:31 AM
Do you get kinda miffed when nobody has anything to say about a photo you posted?

Personally, I dont care
I love Joes, I love taking pix, its not a contest :cool:

Blowtorch
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
It doesn't bother me at all. I do think this is funny, I'll post two pics. One I think is awesome, and the other is ok. The one that's ok gets more replies. Either way it's still fun and I enjoy it.

Outrider
06-08-2006, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]It doesn't bother me at all. I do think this is funny, I'll post two pics. One I think is awesome, and the other is ok. The one that's ok gets more replies. Either way it's still fun and I enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

BT, that happens to me, too. As Don said, it's not a contest, and although it's nice to hear what people think of your pics, that's not the reason I post 'em. I just love taking, and looking at Joe pics. As I said in one of the other topics, seeing other peoples cool work makes me want to do better at mine. :)

donsbabyboo
06-08-2006, 01:24 PM
FYI ~ Craig, you post pix in bunches
and as I am scrolling thru them I am thinking to myself WOW this is awesome
then I click on the next one and its even better or its different that I tend to
forget to leave feedback on the first few!! :rolleyes:

ToneGuns
06-08-2006, 01:27 PM
I try always look for two things. A positive view and a negative. I try always make a negative view turn into a tip for the picture's owner. I try to let at least one coment on all the pictures. I think it's somekind of motivation.

Blowtorch
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider]BT, that happens to me, too. As Don said, it's not a contest, and although it's nice to hear what people think of your pics, that's not the reason I post 'em. I just love taking, and looking at Joe pics. As I said in one of the other topics, seeing other peoples cool work makes me want to do better at mine. :)[/QUOTE]

I agree completely it's not a contest. That's the one thing I like about this site everyone comments on how cool a picture looks. I try to make it a habit of commenting on pics when I see them, however I do miss some.

Sonneilon
06-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm kinda undecided about this. It's nice to have the feedback but sometimes when there's a whole bunch at once, I don't feel like replying to each and every one of them. A lot of times I fall under the "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all." Most of the time when there's silence, I just assume people think "Eh".

You guys know there IS a rating system right? You can rate the image on a scale of 1-5. While that's cool and all, Hammerfel set it up so it's Terrible-Bad-Average-Good-Excellent. Being the guy I am, I'd feel bad rating ANYBODY'S pics 1 or 2 blocks, y'know?

Buckwheat826
06-08-2006, 04:10 PM
I totally agree with competing. I must be out of the loop...what contest?

As for getting upset about not receiving feedback for a photo... It's not worth it to get bent out shape for. Not every photo is to be liked by everyone. For myself personally, I'm honest and if it's not to my nature of taste, I don't comment. Feedback is great and if I can extend contructive criticism or praise, I gladly do so.

I like this site because it's unique for fans to be artistic and creative with the camera, toys, and other techniques to create dioramas, hence the name. I would hope to think collection type pics would be more appropriately posted on regular forum board sites.

Lastly, you should create adventures, take pictures and tweak them for your own enjoyment, not the community. I do, so it doesn't bother me if others don't like my style or whatever. :cool:

Just my takes..

Outrider
06-08-2006, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Blowtorch]I agree completely it's not a contest. That's the one thing I like about this site everyone comments on how cool a picture looks. I try to make it a habit of commenting on pics when I see them, however I do miss some.[/QUOTE]

It's good that everyone seems to feel pretty much the same. It's enjoyable to be able to offer praise on someone's work, but I can never bring myself to be critical of a pic, because I know that none of my pics are perfect. People who live in glass houses, if you know what I mean. I would love to leave feedback on every pic, but sometimes I just don't have time to look at them all, especially as I am only on dial-up.

Sonneilon
06-08-2006, 07:02 PM
So I guess you don't have your parameter set up to 90 images per page, Outrider? lol.

Outrider
06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]So I guess you don't have your parameter set up to 90 images per page, Outrider? lol.[/QUOTE]

uurrgghhh....must...get...broadband.....

Bayer
06-08-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm decidedly slow here. Which pictures are we discussing? Are they the ones showing the Snow Serpents in their burrows? Not to be a suckup, but I like those for their "snapshot in time" quality, and I think they are both equally well done. That being said, I tend to lurk more than comment on everything posted. My view is that the work posted here is quite well done and shows a great deal of thought even on the smallest works.

Sonneilon
06-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I'm just kidding. REmember there was a huge influx a few times and I had to switch it to 45 images per page to catch everything. And the funny thing is, I SWEAR pics were showing in spots that I had already looked. Like some of TG's stuff. I looked it all over, checked back a few hours later and something new was nestled between the ones I had already looked at. lol.

Seriously tho, I have it set to the usual 15, but something like Viper Week, I went 30 just to be able to see everything easily.

Lava Boss
06-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Eh, I'm probably my own biggest critic. I've only had a decent camera for just over a year, still a learning process, I was never much of a picture taker. I'd rather learn as I go. There's gobs of pictures I've saved but will never be uploaded here, maybe a couple I shouldn't have.

Anyway, the only person I take pictures for is me. Personally, I thing most online fan creations at least start of with the creator's own needs in mind. Taking pictures is a positive way for me to enjoy what I collect. Most of the time...it can be frustrating.

I generally don't "down vote". I have decided withhold 5-stars for outstanding pictures (btw, I don't consider any of mine 5-star material.) 1-5 with no halves is a pretty tight ranking system.

Outrider
06-10-2006, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Lava Boss]There's gobs of pictures I've saved but will never be uploaded here, maybe a couple I shouldn't have.[/QUOTE]

When I look back to some of the pics I posted early on, I think "there's no way I would post that now." It's natural that, as you learn to take better pics, you look back at some of your early stuff and cringe.