PDA

View Full Version : Have you a picture from a real Joe/Cobra

ToneGuns
06-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I found this picture, and this guy just look like Ripper from DDP. Don't ya think?
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/2646/buzzer0vo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jay
06-06-2006, 03:18 PM
Looks more like Ripper. Buzzer never had facial hair.

ToneGuns
06-06-2006, 03:36 PM
[QUOTE=Jay]Looks more like Ripper. Buzzer never had facial hair.[/QUOTE]
Ripper, of course!

The Leader
06-06-2006, 04:54 PM
This looks more like Outback to me.

Blowtorch
06-07-2006, 02:38 AM
I haven't decided who I look like if anybody. I'll have to dig up a picture one day and let you guys decide.

Sonneilon
06-07-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm just gonna dork off here for a moment...

I was a ninja last Halloween. You guys MK fans might remember him as Rain.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/Misc/08.jpg

The year before, I dressed up as a snow soldier. And then you have my kid, Kody as *ahem* Snake Eyes. And Megan, a friend of the family.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Sonneilon/Misc/03.jpg

ToneGuns
06-07-2006, 08:35 AM
Nice sword for Snake Eyes, it's a snake head?

chaosdjinn
06-07-2006, 09:33 AM
Sonneilon,
Weird things are amiss as I look at you as Rain.

First, your original picture/avatar was of some austere looking guy who always seemed to staring through me...in a sort of uneasy kinda way- like I wanted to say 'stop looking at me you freakin' freak!!!'. Second picture in your avatar seemed to be some guy from star trek-type show or something I'm not in-tune with- different looking from the first- so it made me wonder who/what was in the first. Now, I see you as Tommy Arashikage with a tan in a ninja uniform?

I got it- YOU ARE ZARTAN.
Matt

Sonneilon
06-07-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't remember all the Avatars I've used here.

I'm pretty sure I used SunCe for awhile.
Then I used the Russian dude from Life is Illuminated.

I had Baltar from BSG up for awhile. I may have even had 2. I think I'm using him over on the JBL.

And now it's Pinky from Doom. As soon as I get off my lazy butt, I'll switch it up again.

TG, I have no idea what the sword was. I think it was like a dragon or something. He found it at the Halloween store and well, it was so cheap, it broke very quickly. It's long gone now. Kody was a zombie last year. lol

donsbabyboo
06-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Am an MK fan myself
NOT as hardcore as most people are, but i dabble in it every now & then

Rain & Ermac are two of my favorite ninja spectres
is that custom made outfit or did they actually SELL an MK Rain outfit?

either way, thats pretty kewl

Sonneilon
06-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I went to a place called JoAnn Fabrics for most of it. I always wanted to be a MK ninja in college, but never knew how to go about it. I don't know what I'll be this year. It's never too early to actually think about that type of stuff, y'know?

The balakava is actually a ski mask. Kody and I found them at Target for like, $2 each. Cheap things (in both cost and make) but man, we were sweating with it on, even in the pouring down rain!

The mask was a glow-in-the-dark Halloween hockymask that I cut down. Kody had one too but he painted his with blood. I mean, red paint to look like blood. NOT that he cut himself to give it the blood effect. lol.

The shirt is actually a thermal shirt. The gloves are bike gloves. The arm and shin guards are, uh, soccer shin guards spraypainted black several times. The shoes are from my old TaeKwonDo days. And I'm actually just wearing a pair of black sweats.

As for the, uh, purple. The yellow fabric they had was more like ochre, the blue was baby blue (oh hell no...), so I chose a purple velvet-y fabric and then bought some a foam sheet. Emi, in fact, sewed it all up. It's 3 separate pieces. The shoulder pieces are separate and then the 'belt' is just tied on in the back. IT's a pretty simple costume, it only took months for me to figure out how to do the shoulder pads. I didn't want a loose fabric like I had seen others do. I wanted it to be slightly stiff so it'd have that cool samurai shoulder pad look. It's hanging in the closet now, tho the shoes are too small.

And if you want to here something really cool. that military outfit. I got the pants at a usual army surplus but the jacket I found at a 2nd hand store. Duder was desperate for business so he sold it to me for $20 WITH a liner! Lot of people ask where I get the jacket cuz it's perfect in cold weather. NOT that someone like TG or Outrider have 0 degree weather ever. :P

ToneGuns
06-07-2006, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]And if you want to here something really cool. that military outfit. I got the pants at a usual army surplus but the jacket I found at a 2nd hand store. Duder was desperate for business so he sold it to me for $20 WITH a liner! Lot of people ask where I get the jacket cuz it's perfect in cold weather. NOT that someone like TG or Outrider have 0 degree weather ever. :P[/QUOTE]
Sonneman, I've to send you back for the geography class. Here in Brazil isn't always hot. In south Brazil where I live in winter we have temperatures close of -4°C. Isn't cold like in Whashington, Minnesota or New York, but it's cold. Ok after my jump from my Physic classes to teach a little geography I'm will go for my Joes, bye friends. :D ;)

Outrider
06-07-2006, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]NOT that someone like TG or Outrider have 0 degree weather ever. :P[/QUOTE]

You're pretty right there. It sometimes gets down to 3 or 4 C in winter, but what kills me is summer, when it hits 43 or 44 C. That's just murder. :(

ToneGuns
06-08-2006, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=Outrider]You're pretty right there. It sometimes gets down to 3 or 4 C in winter, but what kills me is summer, when it hits 43 or 44 C. That's just murder. :([/QUOTE]
You win me on summer Outrider. Here the maximun was 42°C.

Outrider
06-08-2006, 12:39 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGuns]You win me on summer Outrider. Here the maximun was 42°C.[/QUOTE]

42,43,44.......once you get over that 40 C mark, it's all unbearable. :eek: