PDA

View Full Version : What's REALLY been killing the line....

Mobius_1
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
P!$$ poor advertising. it seens to me that hasbro would rather flaunt it's other toy lines, and let the joes rot. All of the VvV commercials i saw can be counted on my two hands (Even then, i think i only need one :mad: ) sure, there were a bunch of sigma 6 commercials that came out, but it was the same on every time. while whenever say, Barbie or Bratz comes out with new toys, those are aired twice every half hour! and i'd like to see someone say they've seen a 25th commercial out there. it seems to me that hasbro could care less about the joe line, and would much rather sell other toys. :mad:

Flatline
10-18-2007, 05:51 PM
THAT IS SO TRUE. AS A KID THAT WAS WHEN I KNEW THE NEW LINES WHERE COMMING OUT AND NOW :confused: . SURE WE HAVE THE INTERNET BUT MY KIDS WOULD'NT KNOW SQUAT ABOUT JOES IF IT WASNT FOR ME.... THEY NEED AND DESERVE MORE AIR TIME

Da Talent
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM
you no what I would love. throw some tv spots on espn!!! even its like 3 in the morning, that would be killer. Or better yet, on FOX news, man that would be sweet. halftime monday night football...... alright now my dreams are getting out of hand. :D
I just don't even now the last time i saw joe commerical, not a clue. but i guess that could bc if its not news of HD im not watching hehe
but that would be so neat, just to be watching sports highlights and BOOM, joes. maybe one day after i do a hostle take over of hasbro :rolleyes:

ender098
10-18-2007, 08:16 PM
They should hit up the Cartoon Network, Disney and Spike TV (To get the kids and older guys!....Gotta love that Rayven Symone!! :D ) I remember when I was a kid, that as soon as you saw a commercial for new stuff, Mom and Dad would run me to the toy store and "POOF"......aisles upon aisles pf brand new product!!! *DROOL**DROOL* Remember rows and rows of Joes??? not one small srtip of empty pegs in WalMart?

I went in TRU Today for my Daughters Birthday....know what they have? One SE V2, one SS V2 and 5 Cobra Commander V2's.....

Wave 3 and 4 are out and TRU is just now putting out the crap I was looking for 2 months ago?? WTF??

Da Talent
10-18-2007, 08:32 PM
you never get the joes you want in actual stores anymore

Flint
10-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Man I wish they'd have new commercials made from Marvel/Sunbow like they did in the 80's for the toys & Comic book, Those commercials sold Stuff!!!!!! ;)

Dersham
10-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Joe commercials on ESPN, oh that'd be killer, I'd watch that channel just to see 'em. But yeah it would be good if more advertising were out there to promote GI JOEs. I think its really only the kids who don't know what's going on, I just check the websites to see what's coming out when and where, thankfully everybody knows more than me :P.

Sonneilon
10-23-2007, 02:49 PM
They need to get in on the regular networks. Why can't they throw in a Joe ad during Heroes or 24, y'know? Surely, there are WORSE ads on the air during those hours. So WHAT if GI Joe is for kids. I bet adults would get a kick out seeing GI Joe on the small screen for 30 seconds. Maybe some big stars or sports figures need to get in on the support action.

Like Peyton Manning pretending he's Flint and he's rolling over Cobra Troopers or something...

yorktownjoe
10-23-2007, 03:35 PM
There was an article in USA Weekend a while back with interviews from pseudo famous people who like GI JOE. I found the link here, but the newspaper/magazine article was full color with a 25th Flint in it.

http://www.usaweekend.com/07_issues/070923/070923gi-joe.html