PDA

View Full Version : How can I help?

ToneGuns
05-07-2006, 08:38 PM
I was thinkin' today. What I am doing to help Joe friends on their need when we talk about Joes. I really want a complete Night Viper, but here in Brazil find one of this babies it's hard and very, very expensive. Let me try to explain:

I'm hunting for Craig and Justin some national Joes. Unfortunely I didn't found one that do justice, I mean, a complete one in a good prize. What are you doing for your friends? I think we should start a new Group Project. "How to help a friend?" I know that this one is a great idealism, but we could try don't ya think?

So I am askin'. What do you need?

Tone

The Leader
05-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I would really like an Urzor figure from Forca Fera. You posted some pics of one manning the guns on a Cobra Moray Hydro-foil. I don’t want you to go out of the way, it can be in horrible condition, missing all accessories, worn off paint, ect. Just no loose joints or broken parts. I can’t pay you a lot for it either. :(

phu
05-08-2006, 05:38 PM
Funny you should ask... I need to know what people are doing when they say they're 'sizing up' heads to dremel them out for helmets. :D

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
05-08-2006, 08:04 PM
That is an interesting idea. I could use a solid gold toilet and a few million dollars in the bank. I am sure its hard for people to get Cool Joe Stuff who live in other countries. Its tough to find people you trust to try to hook you up and not try to scam you. I think the people who are members on this site seem like good people who aren't going to scam you but you just have to be careful thats all. Anyways, good luck and happy hunting for really cool G.I. Joe Stuff!!!

Blowtorch
05-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Well since you asked I could use a USS Flagg and a Terror Drome.
Also if anyone has a few million laying around that would be cool too. :D

Sonneilon
05-09-2006, 10:53 AM
TG, this sort of thing might need to go thru Hammerfel first. There are probably some legal stuff that needs to be sorted out. If you look on any other JOe board, there's usually a sticky posted about the proper way to do trades. Nobody wants to get burned but is this also a place to pimp our own Ebay auctions? It's not a bad idea to help each other out, but I think we need some legal issues stated.

This is Joe Sightings' version (http://www.joesightings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10)

Just something for all of us to consider. :D

phu
05-10-2006, 03:59 PM
As long as it's a deal between two members and the site takes no responsibility for the trade, the site has no legal responsibility for it. It might be a good idea to state that all trades are at the participants' risk, i.e. the site offers no warranty, express or implied, for the goods or tender of either party. ;)

Anything beyond that is just admins' preference, but it would definitely be a good idea to get Hammerfel's input before starting something like that... though apparently he makes himself very scarce. Strange way to run a website. :confused:

Sonneilon
05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I dunno. maybe he got married and he's on a really long honeymoon. *shrug*

Btw, I could use another 20 DTC Blueshirts but how to pay for 'em, I have no idea. That's my list of needs. Other than to win the lottery. :p

phu
05-11-2006, 01:59 PM
As far as figures... I don't really know. I have a WORMS (with his helmet) on the way; he was one of my very favorite figures when I was a kid, so I can't wait to mold and cast his head and helmet. :D

I suppose what I'd like is two Stingers. The driver is no big deal, he was just a repaint anyway... but that was a great vehicle. :)

ToneGuns
05-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm always searching for brazilian exclusives for foreign friends. Maybe you want one. Just let me now who and how much would you pay for that, so I can bid for you here.