PDA

View Full Version : ThemeWeek04 : 5/5 - 5/13 : Fave Comic Scenes!

Sonneilon
05-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Theme Week 04
05/04/06 – 05/13/06
Favorite Comic Scenes

[COLOR=Red]Alright, here we go. [/COLOR]

No, I’m not quoting Scarlet from the 1st ep of the Sigma6 cartoon. That was a terrible line, I have to admit. Anyway… This week’s theme will be your FAVORITE COMIC SCENES. [FONT=Comic Sans MS]This does NOT include COVERS.[/FONT] Covers will be next week. Show us what ya got!

You can use the Devils Due comics and/or the Marvel comics.

Do the best you can. I doubt people have the exact figures used in the scenes they want. If you want to replicate a fight between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow, it’s ok to use other versions including stuff from the new sculpt era.

It would be suggested that in your PICTURE DESCRIPTION, you tell give us a few details about the scene you are re-enacting and what comic it is from. It might even be neat to learn WHY you chose that particular comic panel to shoot! I’m sure we’ll do the best we can, but I’m willing to bet not all of us will recognize the scenes re-enacted.

For the TITLE: do whatever

For KEY WORDS: Theme04 should at LEAST be in it.

As usual, please aim to post your pics 5/12 and 5/13; Saturday and Sunday by the US calendar. Post the pics according to your own calendar, please! Post as many as you want!

Next week, it will be Favorite Comic Covers.

Good luck and have fun.

ToneGuns
05-05-2006, 01:28 PM
This isn't just a Theme Week. It is a great chalenge! BTW, I did my picture for the next one right now.

Sonneilon
05-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope you guys are hard at work re-enacting scenes from the comic books. I'm sure not! lol. I might try and shoot a few scenes, but man, I'm too lazy to get the books out and try and do anything. I'll be posting next week's theme (05/04/06- 05/13/06) tomorrow. It'll be along the same vein as this week's. Comic Covers. Pretty basic. Pretty easy, I think. :confused:

donsbabyboo
05-10-2006, 11:47 AM
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I dont read comics, so am gonna have to skip this weeks theme...[/FONT] :o

ToneGuns
05-10-2006, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=donsbabyboo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I dont read comics, so am gonna have to skip this weeks theme...[/FONT] :o[/QUOTE]
It's in time to begin!

Blowtorch
05-10-2006, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I hope you guys are hard at work re-enacting scenes from the comic books. I'm sure not! lol. I might try and shoot a few scenes, but man, I'm too lazy to get the books out and try and do anything. I'll be posting next week's theme (05/04/06- 05/13/06) tomorrow. It'll be along the same vein as this week's. Comic Covers. Pretty basic. Pretty easy, I think. :confused:[/QUOTE]

I've got two done already and I'm still working on a few more.

yorktownjoe
05-11-2006, 04:47 AM
I have two or three good ideas, but I'm finishing graduate school this week and graduating Saturday. (And it's raining quite heavily out.) I even have some customization done for the figures. If I can get the pictures taken I will, but if not, I'll add them later after I'm satisfied with the pictures. Thanks much, this theme is a good idea.

Sonneilon
05-11-2006, 08:12 AM
Congrats on getting thru grad school! That's so cool! What was your major and what were you in grad school for?

You might miss this week's theme, but next week will be comic covers so you can still kinda get a chance to re-enact scenes!

yorktownjoe
05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm finishing with my Master's of Science in Management. Similar to an MBA, but focusing more on people issues and a bit less on accounting. My project was on continuous improvement of processes for my employer. I am glad to be done.

It won't stop raining here, so I may need to try and take pictures indoors. If I have any luck I will post. If not, I'll wait until next week to participate in the cover theme. I can always save my idea and do a "mini-dio" to recreate a single comic page or two.

There are a few key scenes that come to mind... Thanks to all of you for your encouragement!