PDA

View Full Version : I won a FLAGG!

Hammerfel
02-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Can't believe I finally GOT ONE. I did the BIN on this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5958553370&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT
It's arriving in a week in 3 boxes. I'm so stoked! Now I have to figure out what it's missing and hunt down the parts.
:)
http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/03/78/3e/18_1_b.JPG

Badcompany
02-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Congrats man! i can't waiit to own that one day!
Great price :D

Tim Elf
02-23-2005, 08:10 AM
Nice going! About the same price I paid for mine.

Unfortunately, that's not Keel-Haul's original pistol, and you're missing some of the really hard-to-find pieces from the bridge. But who cares? It's the FLAGG!!!! :)

Hammerfel
02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Well crap. :(

The good news is, I might have an excellent source for spare parts. A friend of mine had a FLAGG in his attic from when he was a kid. His brother was moving it for him and set it down behind his car getting ready to put it in the trunk. A short time later he forgot about it and BACKED OVER IT with the car. :mad:

Anyway, I might be able to get the parts if the bonehead brother didn't toss the whole thing out!

What parts am I missing?

steel bonnet
02-23-2005, 10:32 AM
Congrats on such a fine win & what a price too :D

Must admit l`d love to get one myself,though l`d hate to think what International shipping would be,then of course there`s space too.....LOL

Well done & she looks a beauty mate :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Tim Elf
02-23-2005, 12:39 PM
From the bridge, you're missing the purge valve (one of the hardest of all pieces to find) and a stanchion, that I can tell. (see the blueprints on yojoe.com) It looks like three or four pieces missing on the mast. Can't tell if the mast cap is there or not, as it's the smallest piece of all. The deck clips usually aren't a problem. Looks like it's missing a chair in the radio/comm room. Hard to tell from the pics on a lot of other things. But I don't see the fuel trailer or tow vehicle at all.

Most of this is not absolutely necessary to enjoying your playset, of course!

(I got extremely lucky when I got my Flagg, using Buy It Now to pick up one that was missing only 2 deck clips and one NV cap on the mast. Found those easily and it's now 100% complete!)

Violentfix
02-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Congrats!

Even if it's missing some pieces, owning a Flagg is the badge of serious GI Joe collecting success. It's one of the few items that have eluded me as well. I'll just stare at yours and dream.

Dieselboy M
02-24-2005, 04:08 PM
awesome, hammerfel, i guess this means will be seeing it in some stories before too long. ;)

Hammerfel
02-24-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks!

Yeah, I have a scene from Disciple all figured out. Can't wait to get it! :)

Black-Out
02-26-2005, 10:14 AM
You know, it's cool that you won the auction and I'm pretty stoked it's got your creative juices flowing, but I myself have never "gotten" the Flagg. Sure it's a huge playset for Joes, but I just couldn't get into it. I was, am, and always will be a Terrordrome man. I don't know, maybe it's the fact I like land engagements better than sea, or it could be that I have a shower stall and could never have any hopes of getting that thing in there with me.
Oh come on! I know I'm not only person in exsistence that took their Joes into the bathtub with them...am I? :(

Anyway, congrats on winning once again.

Joerhyno
02-26-2005, 11:01 AM
Man, that is sweet, I'm happy for ya, hope you one day complete it... but most of all, cant wait to see it in yer dios :)

OCH
02-26-2005, 05:55 PM
sweet pick up. If you have any questions call me.

Violentfix
03-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Did you get it yet?

If so, how does it look?

General Hawk
03-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Very cool, man.

That's been one of the hardest parts of my move to a somewhat smaller place...the fact that I can no longer display my Flagg. Eventually I hope to get it back up somewhere...time will tell.

Congrats!

Justin

Hammerfel
03-05-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks, all!

No, it hasn't arrived yet. Still shipping. We're actually cleaning out the spare bedroom today so I can turn it into my Joe room. :D

Thorn
03-11-2005, 11:19 PM
nice purchase! Grats! :) I would love to have one...but seriously lack the space to put it up.

NOV
03-12-2005, 05:59 AM
Congrats Hammerfel!!!

If you need any help checking what parts are missing ask OCH, he has one thats complete.

Violentfix
03-15-2005, 10:21 AM
Any updates on this Hammerfel? I can't wait to see pictures.

camper
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
Congrats on the win!

I won't say the deal I got on mine, but mine also isn't as white as yours...it's got a wee bit of yellow staining going on. unfortunately :(

In fact, I'd say yours looks pretty crisp and clean all around.

Once you get it together and figure out what parts you need, I'd say your best bet would be to scour ebay for other Flagg lots and try piecing it together that way. That, and hit the trade boards.

If you find an extra tow-hook, let me know!

dan

Hammerfel
03-15-2005, 07:13 PM
2 of the 3 boxes have arrived, the first on Thursday and the 2nd today. The guy did a HORRIBLE packing job, just dumped all the parts loose into an open box, all rattling around. I'm not going to try to assemble it until I get the 3rd box, but a glance at it tells me I'm going to need to apply a new sticker set. Anyway, I'll post some pics when I get it all here and put together. :)

Bekker
03-15-2005, 10:49 PM
hammer you gonna add the Flagg to the Dio?