PDA

View Full Version : Group Project idea (???)

Sonneilon
04-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Hey, how would you guys feel about doing a weekly character spotlight. As a group, different characters could be assigned to board members (who would like to participate) and then we can comment on the character. I'm sure we all have our 2 cents about the 100+ figures and characters Hasbro has created for us. A few years ago, a buddy tried to do that on his own website but it never amounted anywhere. I took maybe 50 shots of the figures for him and he was only able to post about 10 at most before it all fell through.

I was thinking it'd be nice if a separate section were opened up (be nice if there were a WEEKLY THEME section opened too... hint hint). But because it's weekly, we could take our time with it. I thought it might be fun.

So what do you guys think?

donsbabyboo
04-28-2006, 10:44 AM
sounds interesting
seems like some details will need to be ironed out

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-28-2006, 08:47 PM
So are you saying someone might take pics of Snake Eyes, someone takes pics of Topside, Range Viper etc...? Would the person have to do a review on the fig?That sounds like an interesting idea.

donsbabyboo
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Lets say for example, I volunteer to take pix of Claymore
for week#2 as the feature character spotlight assigned by Sonnelion

I will take several pix of him, one of him in action as described on filecard
2nd pic will be his Primary Military Specialty
3rd pic will be his Secondary Military Specialty
4th pic will be the MISC pic, he could be scratching his head while
staring at Footloose & Rumbler wondering why they all look alike
or something...

Everybody will have a free-for-all to comment on this character
why you like him, why you dont, what you use him for, does he have
a place in your Joe-verse etc

UNLESS Sonn had a different idea of what to do

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Ok that sounds like it would be fun. The only problem would be is to make sure you have the figure. Maybe there could be a sign up for which figures to do like a first come first serve to cut down on any confusion.

Sonneilon
04-29-2006, 10:32 AM
I haven't put THAT much thought into it. I was really just thinking 1 picture of a duder (Falcon, Bazooka, whoever) and everyone comments on that character. Be it how the person was used in the comic, if they suck, if they are totally loved, the color choices are wrong, etc. Tilman Goins once asked me, "what's the one thing that's missing from yojoe.com? You don't get to comment on the characters they have archived." Todd Weinz tried to do this back on his Magnum6Delta forums, but it didn't go far.

I would suggest JUST the 1 picture of the character as opposed to many. I suppose we could do several pics but then the comments would be spread out instead of under 1 'topic'. I'd rather see 50 comments pertaining to Bazooka than 12 comments over several. HOWEVER, that is all debatable. :D

No reviews are necessary. You would just go with your own feelings and what you see.

By no means would "I" assign anyone figures. It's basically whoever wants to do what, they can. However, there should be a sign-up so we don't get 10 people doing Falcon or Big Ben, y'know? And yeah, I would HOPE the people volunteering pics of their figures HAVE the figures! I mean, don't expect me to offer any ARAH stuff.

As well, we could do vehicles as well.

As Self-Mod has mentioned recently, when we do this, we should probably give it a specific Key Term. "SpotlightFalcon" or "SpotlightTunnelRat" So if we ever want to look back at the stuff we've, uh, reviewed, then it's easy to find.

Just to note, both General Hawk (Justin of JoeSightings) and LeoTDragon (Fred of JBL) already have reviews of several characters. In fact, Fred is going back in time and reviewing the ARAH stuff with his magical words. They also have reviews for the 2002+ figures. Seriously, these guys are capable of working magic and I have been swayed quite a few times to buy GI Joe stuff that I had NO intention of every buying.

In any case, I'd rather see personal comments made about the figures than 'reviews' by either picturetaker or us. We want reviews, we can visit other sites, y'know?

Please continue commmenting...

ToneGuns
04-29-2006, 11:30 AM
I like the idea of let our feelings about a figure come out. We could say how we use them on our Joeverse. Talk how we see his personality on our Joeverse.

Good!

Sonneilon
04-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Just to speed things up in terms of 'weekly', what if we posted the "Character Spotlight" (or whatever you want to call them) on Tuesdays and Fridays? 1 week tends to be really slow.

ToneGuns
04-29-2006, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Just to speed things up in terms of 'weekly', what if we posted the "Character Spotlight" (or whatever you want to call them) on Tuesdays and Fridays? 1 week tends to be really slow.[/QUOTE]

Nobody post Voltar, let him to me. I've a great surprise for you guys in here.

donsbabyboo
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
sounds good, when do we start?
is Voltar the first??

ToneGuns
04-30-2006, 08:33 AM
[QUOTE=donsbabyboo]sounds good, when do we start?
is Voltar the first??[/QUOTE]

1st - We start at monday/tuesday.

2nd - Yes Voltar will be the first, I'm in charge of this.