PDA

View Full Version : Theme Week 04/14/06 - 04/20/06: Cobra Commander

Sonneilon
04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Let's make this official.

We all get a week to come up with the dopest, best shots of Cobra Commander. I suggest we all FLOOD the photos section on the same day so ALL the shots of Cobra Commander are lumped together. I suggest 4/20 & 4/21 to post the pics. A week should give ample time to come up with some great, interesting, no-holds-barred shots, right? Plus, if you're like me and it's been raining all week and at my parents, it's kinda hard to join in. ;)

After the pics are posted, we can go to town on them and then somebody can suggest what the next theme will be. We can go weekly, bi-weekly, whatever. But as long as we're all on the same page, it should be really cool.

phu
04-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Awesome! Thanks for making it official, now we can all have something concrete to work for. :D

I just got a freaking shipment of Joes... and my girlfriend is out of the apartment for most of the weekend, so hopefully I can whip up something cool. ;)

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-14-2006, 10:25 PM
This sounds like it will be alot of fun and I look forward to the challenge!!!

emike
04-15-2006, 02:40 PM
Great idea! I'll do my best to get a shot of CC ready by 4/20.

ToneGuns
04-15-2006, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Plus, if you're like me and it's been raining all week and at my parents, it's kinda hard to join in.[/QUOTE]

Here it's raining a lot too. But I'll make the best shot ;) !

Sonneilon
04-15-2006, 08:03 PM
The reason I'm saying for everyone to post on both 4/20 and 4/21 is to make it a big booty clump! It's no fun to go CC, CC, Outback, some dorked out picture, Mirage, Duke, CC, CC, CC... If we can clump it, it'll be easier to view. And I figured a week would be ample time for everyone. Now, if this were a contest, I'd ive more time. This is all in good fun. It's ok to be competitive with each other but we just want to turn in stuff to see what everyone else has up their sleeve.

And PLEASE, suggest a theme or character for the next week! I think just about anything can be done under the sun.

Have fun.

TheCheznit8
04-16-2006, 01:26 AM
haven't gotten a digital camera yet, so wont be able to participate in this one. :(

for the next one, how about putting together your favourite group of either GIJoes or Cobras in a single shot?

For the Joes, pick your favourite and/or most used figures together and shoot. For Cobra, it could be a small group of figs or a large army in one shot.

I'd like to see what everyone's team looks like, particularly your Joe Teams.

Sonneilon
04-17-2006, 09:24 AM
I'll probably post the 'official' announcement on Friday or Sat (21st/22nd). So far, it's "Shoot your fave Joes in a group". Anybody can suggest and I'll figure it out by Fri/Sat... :D

emike
04-17-2006, 09:43 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]I'll probably post the 'official' announcement on Friday or Sat (21st/22nd). So far, it's "Shoot your fave Joes in a group". Anybody can suggest and I'll figure it out by Fri/Sat... :D[/QUOTE]

I really like this suggestion but maybe we need a little more specificity in order to make it a truly cohesive group project. Perhaps the grouping must be from a particular year (ex. your favorite '86 Joes). Or the group could be designed around a certain mission objective (ex. hostage rescue; infiltrate a Cobra base; search and rescue team for a downed pilot; etc.).

TheCheznit8
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=emike]I really like this suggestion but maybe we need a little more specificity in order to make it a truly cohesive group project. Perhaps the grouping must be from a particular year (ex. your favorite '86 Joes). Or the group could be designed around a certain mission objective (ex. hostage rescue; infiltrate a Cobra base; search and rescue team for a downed pilot; etc.).[/QUOTE]

yeah it is a pretty vague idea, but it would be cool to see everyone shoot their favourite team in any of those situations; rescue, infiltration, under attack etc...

Sonneilon
04-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Trust me, I got plans. ;)

I'll write it up in a new post. It'll look something like this:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Take your 5-6 most used/favorite Joes, throw into a team and show us why they are the best. Doesn't matter what era. Use customs, Cobra, Headhunters, it's all GI Joe in the end.[/FONT]

Most likely, we'll go generalized next week just to see who the fave figures are for the different people. The week after, we COULD do a mission objective like downed plane, rescue missions, sweep & destroy, etc. I leave the ideas up to you guys, I just write it up. Emike, keep those ideas of yours in your head and when the time comes, remind me.

If people want to do a real GROUP project, we can open up a new thread and see how people want to do it. I'm cool with theme weeks. We could do both...

Ion
04-17-2006, 01:29 PM
OK, I'll try to do some indoor shot... as I have no abilities to make a neat outdoor one.
Only thing is that I have no idea wether I'll be able to post it on time sinca a) all-in-all we've got a date difference and b) I'll be probably in the other city... but I'll try to make it on time.

Are 12'' Joes included? Dunno If I have nice idea for my 12'' CC, but I'm asking if I'd have one :) Just in case :)

Sonneilon
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Yes, 12" and Sigma6 are part of the game. It's ALL Cobra Commander in the end. Now, if you throw a picture of Duke up and say, "It's Cobra Commander in disguise..." well... I'll let the others one comment on that one. lol.

I don't know what city/state/country you are in, Ion, but I figured for us U.S. folks, it's a Fri and Sat. I gave it 2 days to post so if you're running late, you can get it in. If you want, email it to me and I can post it.

sunce4@gmail.com

and if it means anything, I might not be part of this round. I haven't a thought in my head (it was all used doing the most recent shots) and not sure what to do with CC that would be 'cool'. :D

Outrider
04-17-2006, 05:52 PM
These theme weeks should be a lot of fun. I've already got a pair of CC pics ready to go (can we post more than one?), one humourous (I hope), and one more serious. Gotta work out that timezone difference, too. Now, let's see....if I post on Saturday here, it should be Friday, US time...... :confused:

Sonneilon
04-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Hopefully I only need to say this once...

[COLOR=Red][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=7]POST AS MANY AS YOU WANT!!![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

PLEASE! I wasn't joking about the FLOODING of the pages w/ CC shots. *makes note for next week - picturetakers can post as many theme pics as they wish...*

while I'm using a US calendar, post on YOUR 21st/22nd. It should all work out in the end. It's not like someone here is 2 days ahead, right? Or 3 days behind? lol

Outrider
04-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Okay, I think I get the message there! Seriously, I think It's about 15 hours ahead here so I was going to post on Sat morn. Should be right on time! :D
Can't wait to see what everyone has come up with.

ToneGuns
04-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I sugested CC 'coz I don't see him many times out. He is always on hide or just on the dio-stories.

I was figuring how hard is take a shot where we have to put CC on the game. But the dificult is related with "how we see" CC. Don't you think?

Sonneilon
04-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I thought it was an excellent suggestion. At the time, nobody was coming up with stuff. I have plans for the next theme but it's all open to more suggestions. If I get like, 5-10 suggestions (or more or less), I'd just throw 'em in a hat and choose 1. I like the idea of CC 1st simply because it's a character we probably all have and it's a good way to break the ice. :D

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
CC is a great way to break the ice for this being the king snake and all. Seeing what everyone has done before with taking pics of cool G.I. Joe Stuff I feel confident everyone will do a good job.

ToneGuns
04-19-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm ready, just waiting to be published. And you guys?

Sonneilon
04-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Ooooooooh... You're ready for the next one... I see... :D

Self-Modifier
04-19-2006, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGuns]I'm ready, just waiting to be published. And you guys?[/QUOTE]

Yup, I took mine last evening. I think it's pretty cool, but it'll be up to the rest of you to tell me if I'm right.

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-19-2006, 08:40 PM
I took some pics today and hopefully they turned out well. I think that some pictures looks good through the camera but not necesary good on the computer so I am going to go have to wait and see.

Sonneilon
04-20-2006, 01:49 PM
Alright ya'll... The weather's been decent enough but I had different inspiration. For some reason, I have a couple of tunes from Jesus Christ Superstar in my head so you can imagine where this one is going. Plus, you get to see the still-unfinished Lobby. ;)

BRASS KNUCKLE CHUCKLES
04-20-2006, 08:02 PM
I can see it now, Cobra Comander Super Star the broadway musical!!! I can see Serpentor playing Pilot. You maybe on to something with this angle.

emike
04-21-2006, 08:35 AM
[QUOTE=Sonneilon]Alright ya'll... The weather's been decent enough but I had different inspiration. For some reason, I have a couple of tunes from Jesus Christ Superstar in my head so you can imagine where this one is going. Plus, you get to see the still-unfinished Lobby. ;)[/QUOTE]

I had those songs in my head too. I think it was the fact that last week was Holy Week.

TheCheznit8
04-21-2006, 08:26 PM
wow, so far this theme week thing has been great. The photos totally made my day, and I had even more fun posting on them.

I cant wait to get my digital camera now.

donsbabyboo
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
this sux... i TOTALLY missed out on the "theme week" thing
with Cobra Commander... :(