PDA

View Full Version : Location Check

chaosdjinn
04-10-2006, 07:37 PM
I went to the route 18 flea market in East Brunswick NJ and met the international joes guy(Bill) and have to say he has a nice booth with tons of good toys. Where is everyone located? I'm in central jersey myself.

phu
04-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I was born in Long Branch, grew up in Freehold.

Currently living in Oviedo, FL (NE Orlando).

TheCheznit8
04-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I live just outside of Toronto, Canada.

I say Toronto because most people recognize it

Sonneilon
04-10-2006, 08:56 PM
Bellingham, Wa. That's 90 mins north of Seattle or about 20 mins from the Canadian border. I grew up in Seattle, went to WWU for 5 yrs, moved to Carnation (where my parents moved to when I was in college; 45 mins east of Seattle) and live in B'ham again.

TheCheznit8
04-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Hey Sonneilon, you dont live very far from my family then. I have family in both Vancouver and Seattle as well.

COme to think of it, I got family in California, FLorida, New Jersey and New York. We're taking over North America man :)

I swear my family breeds like hamsters, I've got so many nephews and nieces I just dont care what their names are anymore :D

Outrider
04-11-2006, 12:00 AM
Melbourne, Australia. GI Joe desert. Thank goodness for the internet, else my pics would all be of the same twenty five figs and eight vehicles! :rolleyes:

Raven
04-11-2006, 04:09 AM
Aylesbury, England
Thank goodness for the internet also, otherwise I'd just have a load of broken figs and some JvCs. I owe eBay so much :)

Luke Ellison
04-11-2006, 05:45 AM
Toledo, Ohio. Just south of Detroit (45 min). North of Cinci (4 hours). West of Cleveland (2 hours). And east of Chicago (4 hours).

South end porch monkey represent! Imperial ZUE Kru, R.A. all day, boyee! R.I.P. Heist Oner! Yeah yeah! :D

HELLJESTER
04-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Portsmouth UK..Even though I grew up in Salonica,Greece..I moved in Portsmouth at the end of 1999 for studies I liked the place and UK and decided to stay here..I got the Joe bug growing up in Greece..where the whole 3 3/4" line received a lot of praise mainly because of the cartoon tie-in..I envy you guys at the US..Ebay is certainly good but I'd prefer a more hands-on aproach..

General Hawk
04-11-2006, 07:32 AM
New England, Central New Hampshire/Vermont to be exact... the boondocks! :eek:

Justin

G.I.*Jock
04-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Glasgow, Scotland, UK. Outrider, I know what you mean! :D

chaosdjinn
04-11-2006, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Luke Ellison]Toledo, Ohio. Just south of Detroit (45 min). North of Cinci (4 hours). West of Cleveland (2 hours). And east of Chicago (4 hours).

South end porch monkey represent! Imperial ZUE Kru, R.A. all day, boyee! R.I.P. Heist Oner! Yeah yeah! :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah! What he said.

Sonneilon
04-11-2006, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Outrider] my pics would all be of the same twenty five figs and eight vehicles! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Funny thing is, I've been paring my figures down to maybe 20 at most. So from me, you'll end up seeing the same guys over and over. You'd think with the amount of figures that came out with the 2002 JvC relaunch, I'd find more to play with. But it's hard to find the gems sometimes. I definitely think Cobra won out since their army builders tend to look better than most of the Joe stuff.

If I had my old ARAH stuff (and it had been in good shape), I would have used them for shots. But I'd surely only shoot the same 3 guys over and over. lol

Self-Modifier
04-11-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm in Alamo, California, which is in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's a nice place, when we aren't being bombarded by the monsoons that have unexpectedly plagued us for the past month or so.

Blowtorch
04-14-2006, 10:33 PM
Central New York. Just outside of Syracuse.

yorktownjoe
04-15-2006, 02:58 PM
I currently reside in Green Bay, WI. And it is finely warm enough to think about outdoor photo opportunities. ;-) I'm trying to finish graduate school, so I need to get back to my paper. But I would really prefer to be outside...

Sonneilon
04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
HEY Yorktown, we just got Drew onboard here. (he's another Wisconsin duder). So you aren't alone. I'm quite thrilled that so many fans around the globe are here. Just the few guys I am aware of here (TG, GJock, Hjester, ORider...), that's almost MORE than the JBL or JoeSightings. lol.

yorktownjoe
04-16-2006, 08:38 PM
What city does Drew live in here in Wisconsin? I have moved around a few regions in Wisconsin. I have lived in Watertown, DeForest (near Madison) from and now in Green Bay. Before that I grew up in Minneapolis, but I was born in St. Petersburg. (Florida, not Russia...) With all that moving around I'm surprised to report that quite a few of my Joes survived. Moves are tougher on vehicles though (20+ year old plastic also does not do well in storage units in the winter). We always seem to move in January...

I'm glad to hear of all the various locations of members. It is a small world, and the internet makes it smaller every day! I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

ToneGuns
04-17-2006, 08:14 AM
I'm from Brazil!!!!

But the last State in south Brazil called Rio Grande do Sul translating in something like "Big South River". Here we have summers that come near 41ºC and winters that came in -5ºC. We have beachs on summer and places where we have snow. Very nice to live here.

If some of my Joe friends plan to come here in Brazil I can helpwith a place to rest. Just have to bring the Joes so we can play together :)

Sonneilon
04-17-2006, 09:22 AM
Yorktown, I want to say it's Madison but I could be wrong.

Ion
04-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I'm from Cracow in Poland.

Now how to tell you... second biggest city in my country, located in the central-south of PL. Gained city rights in 1257, been a capital of Poland for a long time, but thank God last king moved it to Warsaw around XIXth century (so now Cracow can be a cultural center of Poland while Warsaw could have all the political scums located in one place. ;) )
Well... we have a little of something, but Joes indeed are a rarity. You know - comunism and all that stuff.

But hey - thanks to the most expencive internet in Europe - I was able to track down some of the earlier Joes to my collection and you are also able to view my pics. Great invention was the internet indeed...

ToneGuns
04-18-2006, 10:14 AM
[QUOTE=Ion]
Well... we have a little of something, but Joes indeed are a rarity. You know - comunism and all that stuff.[/QUOTE]

Maybe there you have many of the Oktober Guard Guys. :D

Bayer
04-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Indianapolis, Indiana USA. Middle of Indiana. A city surrounded by corn and inhabited by the children of the corn. Yeah, it can be that bad.

Bayer

Hammerfel
07-15-2006, 12:38 PM
San Diego, California! :)

bluestalker88
07-17-2006, 06:54 AM
[QUOTE=Bayer]Indianapolis, Indiana USA. Middle of Indiana. A city surrounded by corn and inhabited by the children of the corn. Yeah, it can be that bad.

Bayer[/QUOTE]

that sounds just like my town but the only difference is I live surounded by woods so I live with the children of the boon! :eek:

I live in a little town of maine called woolwich. there are a few joe fans in the area but none to big. I was born in brunswick maine and raised here in woolwich. theres not much to see but its a great place for outdoor photo shoots! :D

ender098
07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Twentynine Palms California, USA! With the desolate landscape out here I could have a blast making "Star Brigade" Dios! (too bad I don't have any!!) It looks like the face of the moon with palm trees!

Our motto out here is "...in the middle of nowhere, 2 hours from everywhere!" Vegas is 2 hours. SanDiego is 2.5 hrs, LA is 2.5.....I like it......

snipesfg17
07-24-2006, 12:53 PM
We call it "the springs" Colorado Springs, USA. Home of Pikes Peak, NORAD (the mountain with the control center in it) three other airforce bases, and Fort Carson of the US Army. South of the springs is Pueblo, CO which is home to one of the US Army's chemical weapons depots. It is the focus of one of the GI Joe cartoon episodes where Cobra tries to steal explosive gas.

nothing_face
07-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Anchorage, Alaska here - the "big city" of the backwoods. :)

ToneGunsRevisited
07-25-2006, 04:14 PM
[QUOTE=nothing_face]Anchorage, Alaska here - the "big city" of the backwoods. :)[/QUOTE]
Where? Alaska? Man I'm freezing just thinkin' about your place. Welcome, hope we have some Alaska snow dios :D !

Sgt_DP
08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I was browsing and saw this and was impressed with how many joe fans and how all over the place we are.

I live in a little town of Scotts Valley, California.

5 miles from Santa Cruz, 70 miles south of San Fransisco...