PDA

View Full Version : Recoil84's Great Joe sell-off

Recoil84
08-21-2007, 08:47 PM
For a time, I was really into collecting 12" Joes. In fact, these are what got me out of my adolescent funk and back into Joe collecting. But, I eventually discovered that my true passion is for 3 3/4" Joes, the ones that I grew up playing with. SO, I've decided it's time to sell a substantial chunk of my 12" collection (and some 3 3/4" items as well) to make room and free up cash for some more small stuff :)

I wanted to give everyone at this site first dibs on everything in the interest of finding a good home for it all. I know most of us here at Joedios are 3 3/4" fans, but maybe you know people who are interested in this stuff. I'm not a member at JBL, so if any of you frequent there and would like to give me a plug (link to this post) I'd appreciate it.

There's a list of items I'm interested in trading at my website (http://www.ryankingsbury.com/Gijoe/buysell.html) , along with an email link for those that aren't members here. I'm willing to consider any reasonable offer for these items; my objective is mostly to make space rather than money and I want these items to go to a good home. PM me if interested in working out a deal (cash or trade). Thanks and yo joe!

***all items complete and in good condition unless otherwise noted*****

3 3/4" items

4x DTC Snow Serpent
DTC Barrel Roll w/ full card backer
2x 2004 red Wild Weasel
Red Mask Cobra Commander (Battle Corps)
1994 Star Brigade Sci Fi w/FC
Star Brigade Cobra Commander w/FC
Convention Nullifier MISB
Battle Wagon loose (motor works great!)
Battle Wagon complete, unassembled in open box
Septic Tank (sticker wear)
1992 Headquarters (complete, some sticker wear, not sure if sounds still work)

12" items:

2000 convention exc Invasion of Inchon (preproduction) MISB

CC Foreign Legion MIB
CC Tank Commander MIB
CC Army Cold Weather MIB
Marine Grenade Thrower MOC
Heavy Weapons Set MOC
Saving Khe Sahn MOC
Camo Kit Mortarman MOC
WWII Commemorative Action Soldier AA MIB (beaten up box)
Omar Bradley MIB
Desert Air Defense MOC
Masterpiece Edition Books vol. 1-4 MIB
KB Toys Timeless Marine Heavy Weapons MIB
US Marine Vietnam MIB
US Army Pacific MIB
Millenium Salute Marine MIB

CC Tank Commander (goggle elastic stretched)
CC Belgian Para-Commando (radio elastic stretched)
CC British SAS (goggle elastic stretched)
General Patton
General Eisenhower
Commemorative Battle of the Bulge
CC Australian ODF
Coast Guard Survival Suit
21st Century Armored Humvee (woodland)

Other:

G.I. Joe Collector Knife w/leather case
vintage G.I. Joe Commando Attack game MISB (plastic wrapping is torn, box is unopened)

****General Scarlett--owing to the length of this post I thought it justified its own thread, separate from the wants/needs thread. If you think differently feel free to move this and accept my apologies :)

Captain Max
08-21-2007, 10:55 PM
PM'd you Recoil! :)

gung ho
08-22-2007, 09:15 AM
do you have a pic of the Gi Joe collectors knife?

Recoil84
08-22-2007, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=gung ho]do you have a pic of the Gi Joe collectors knife?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of it handy. I searched the web but couldn't find it in any of the usual places. You can see it from the side in the pic below (top shelf on the right). The handle has some vintage style artwork featuring the action soldier set into it I believe. If you're interested I can dig it out and get you a better pic.

Most of this stuff is at my parents' house in Houston, so it's not readily at hand. If it were I'd have snapped a pic for you already. I'll see if I can have my dad take one.

Click for the image (http://www.ryankingsbury.com/GIJOE/12tour/DSCN1017.jpg)

gung ho
08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
ohhh i thought it was a big knife......well how much you want for it all i can offer right now is $5

Recoil84
08-23-2007, 08:38 PM
[QUOTE=gung ho]ohhh i thought it was a big knife......well how much you want for it all i can offer right now is $5[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's only about a 4" blade or so. I didn't have a specific price in mind but I definitely would want more than $5 for it. Thanks, though!

gung ho
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
ok thats fine but i'll look around and see if anybodys looking for one and i'll tell them about you

Recoil84
08-26-2007, 09:22 AM
[QUOTE=gung ho]ok thats fine but i'll look around and see if anybodys looking for one and i'll tell them about you[/QUOTE]

Thanks, man!