PDA

View Full Version : What scale?

humby248
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
Hi Gents anyone any idea what model scale would work with the figures? I think either 1/35, 1/32 or 1/24 but would like calrification.
Cheers
Humby

Sonneilon
04-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Uh... It's 1/18 for the 3.75" figures. Stuff I'm building now, I use several sized Joes as templates. If I used a figure like Bombstrike, everything would be too small. If I used an IG or Barrage, everything'd be too big. So if I have a group of various sized Joes, I can wing it and it should look right in the end. Notice operative term, SHOULD. lol

Bayer
04-09-2006, 06:55 PM
I've found that the scale Hasbro goes by is more between 1/18th and 1/16th (1/17th?). I have a 1/18th scale Rubicon that is scarcely larger than a John Deere Gator in the same scale. When looking at vehicles - the die cast collector's cars for example - have two figures in mind, if not in hand to get a size perspective. I use file cards marked with the heights of a couple of figures (so as to not have the overly nosey think you're pocketing someone elses figures when in a store). While this won't help with useability later, it will let you know if the items can at least make good eye candy for back drops and scenery.

Bayer

Sonneilon
04-10-2006, 08:41 AM
I hear you on the car thing. I picked up a bunch of 1/18 Fast and Furious cars for a dio and the figures wouldn't fit in due to the gas pedals. Technically, Joe is 1/18 but in reality, it depends on the figure. It's not like Flint can fit into the NAC and half the new sculpts can't fit into the ARAH vehicles.

Raven
04-11-2006, 04:34 AM
On holiday this year, I may pick up some cheap 1/18th OCC bikes for the Dreadnoks. Will they fit on them?

HELLJESTER
04-11-2006, 06:51 AM
[QUOTE=Raven]On holiday this year, I may pick up some cheap 1/18th OCC bikes for the Dreadnoks. Will they fit on them?[/QUOTE]

The new sculpts would have no problem at all(check out my pic with Ripper, riding a knock-off chopper from Pound-Stretcher)..Old sculpts though might prove a little bit more tricky to pose..anyways they won't feel out of scale..and the Dreads look way cool riding bikes!!!

Bayer
04-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I found that the cycles are really nice for the figures, but the enclosed areas like a car or truck can be a little annoying. I also found that the valor vs. venom Shipwreck is REALLY out of scale as opposed to any of the others of the line except for the big snake - Cobra Commander. Its really tough to try to pose him in anything not strictly GI Joe.

Bayer