PDA

View Full Version : My To-Do list!

Hammerfel
02-21-2005, 11:36 PM
1. Get the WORD OUT about JoeDios.com. With Hasbro putting our line "on hiatus" it's up to us creative types to crank it up a notch and bring some Joe adventures to our brothers!
2. Install a bunch of Avatars. I have lots I can use. Just need to grab them. DONE
3. Fix that background color around the "Post Tools" drop down so people will notice those tools are there.
4. Fix the right side of the menu bar. There's a mis-alignment there.
5. Figure out how I'm going to pay for all this. :) I've spent over $300 on this site so far. :)

Hey, anyone else see anything else that needs doing? Be sure to help me flesh out the Links, Files and Reviews!

And of course POST SOME DIOS! :)

/edit - MAN I had a lot of typos!

Dieselboy M
02-22-2005, 12:44 AM
hey hammer, can i be a mod so i can edit your typos? :p

j/k... :D

Hammerfel
02-22-2005, 12:49 AM
LMAO. Grats on being the first member of JoeDios (after me of course). Sure, bro. We tight.

And congrats to DOCHOLIDAY56 for being member #3!

DOCHOLIDAY56
02-22-2005, 12:52 AM
:D No problem-------IVE BEEN Looking for something diffrent ------

Im usually over at TNI----------being there DEPRESSES ME!!!

All i see are the freaking JOE CANCELED STUFF!!!

HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

I hope to be doing a few DIOS soon so ------this is perfect for me!!!

thanks for doing it!!!!

DOC :D :D

Hammerfel
02-22-2005, 12:55 AM
My pleasure. Dios keep me up-beat about Joes.

Ok, Diesel, "YOU HAVE THE POWAH!!!"

At least I think I did it right. Check it out for me.

Dieselboy M
02-22-2005, 12:59 AM
yeah, i gotta say, it's real cool you put up this site, hammer, you know i'm all about dios and figure photography more than any other aspect of toy collecting. too bad it's been a tough year for me and i haven't been able to work on much. but, this year after i get back from my trip, i'ma get crackin' on my dio ideas again. :cool:

Hammerfel
02-22-2005, 01:01 AM
Excellent. Now Alyosha's here. :) Welcome, bro.

Hammerfel
02-22-2005, 01:02 AM
[QUOTE=Dieselboy M]yeah, i gotta say, it's real cool you put up this site, hammer, you know i'm all about dios and figure photography more than any other aspect of toy collecting. too bad it's been a tough year for me and i haven't been able to work on much. but, this year after i get back from my trip, i'ma get crackin' on my dio ideas again. :cool:[/QUOTE]
Well hey, why don't you do the site a big favor and upload all those "one-shots" into the "Photos" section. that's what it's there for!

BTW, I'm going to bed. Been at this for a LONG time and I have to get up for work in 6 hours. 'night all.

Colonel Bludd
02-22-2005, 12:20 PM
greetings good people. most of u know me from TNI.

or just a reminder the guy who made this pic. lol

http://members.aol.com/goodeyebx/Agentx.jpg

Hammerfel
02-23-2005, 12:55 AM
Ok, added over 100 avatars, so that's done! :)

steel bonnet
02-23-2005, 10:41 AM
Hey Diesel,

Another site you want to be mod......LOL

DB " The Powwer is flowing through MY veins....MWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Col Bludd,nice little Weapons display there mate :D

ja
Steel Bonnet

revelat10n
02-23-2005, 08:46 PM
yo yo yo

Sweet dio you got going on there Hammer!

Joerhyno
02-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Hey Hammerfel, you should have a small little link for "donations" and when someone clicks on it, they can donate some money through paypal... I'd set up an account just for this site, so you dont take from it and buy something like... a FLAGG lol
I'm getting some stuff ready to sell on ebay, so if I make enough, I'd be more than happy to shoot a couple dollars your way http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/lmao.gif
sorry, but hey, it's a thought... :)

Hammerfel
02-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Great idea! I think I'll do that!

I also have an Amazon affiliate account, so I can get comissions that way too.

So far, this site has cost me about $400, so any help is appreciated! :)

Joerhyno
02-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Also, for us Dio impaired... people :) you should have some "how to" segments, like, I see some awesome ones with awesome backgrounds and stuff, I'm always wondering if it's a photo or back drop... just an idea :)

Hammerfel
02-26-2005, 01:26 PM
Yeah, you must be a mind-reader. "Contribute" and "How-To" were originally part of the menu up top, but I didn't have content for either yet, so they were left off. :)

I'm going to ask the other dio authors to contribute to a How To section. Maybe it should be a forum...

Tim Elf
02-26-2005, 05:56 PM
I've already got a "how to" section on my site, though it hasn't been updated in a very long time:

http://www.timscorner.com/GI%20Joe/howto/how1.html

I went step-by-step through one of the more complicated chapters of Resurrection.

I'll have to do that again sometime with Terror.

Hammerfel
02-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Yes, I was going to ask you if you wanted to add to a How-to section. That link was a big help to me when I got started.