PDA

View Full Version : have you ever...

gung ho
07-28-2007, 08:24 PM
gotten teased becuz you was in the toy section of walmart, target, etc?

tunnelrat88
07-28-2007, 08:42 PM
I've gotten weird looks when I'm in the toy isles, but truth be told I've never been verbally teased. There seems to be a stigma against toy collectors as it has been the butt of jokes and parodies for a while now, but I have never felt belittled collecting toys or shopping for them. I honestly prepare myself for the worst when I do so but the preparation has never come into use. Even my friends who I've shown my collection too have been positive for it and never have made fun of me for it. I kind of feel it is becoming a bit more acceptable in society. Did anything happen to you that causes you to pose this question Gung Ho?

lehsreh
07-28-2007, 09:17 PM
[COLOR=Red]nope, never have. i see grown ups all the time in the toys. their probably looking for something for their kids though.[/COLOR]

Captain Max
07-28-2007, 09:32 PM
Nope. I was once accosted by some punk when I was leaving a comic shop-he says to me-"Aren't you a little old for comic books?" in a tone I don't take from anybody.

When I asked him why he cared-he ducked into a restaurant! Perhaps he noticed I was 3 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier! :mad:

Outrider
07-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I've had plenty of strange looks when out shooting dio pics in public places, but never in a toy aisle or store. Occasionally the person at the cash register will make a comment along the lines of "That'll keep the kids happy", and my wife and I just turn and smile at each other, knowing all the toys are for us! ;)

Flatline
07-29-2007, 12:01 AM
TRUTHFULLY I GET CRAP FROM FAMILY MEMBERS MOSTLY. I'LL BE AT HOME SHOOTING PICS. AND EVERY BODY ELSE IS WATHING A GAME OR BBQING, BUT TO ME THIS IS MY WAY OF RELAXING ........ bunch of idiots :D

Lowlight13
07-29-2007, 12:51 PM
My mom loves the fact that i'm playing and customizing rather than smoking dope or anything like that, :D .
Whenever I'm looking at toys at wal-mart people just don't say a word and continue on.
I show my joes to friends and everybody, I even got my best bro to start collecting!!! :) :)

ToneGunsRevisited
07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Once I was out to take some pictures with a friend collector and a guy (with a mustache alas Outrider) said: " I can understand you playing with small action figures. However, what will you do with the pictures?"
Since that time we made a introduction card with our names and joedios web adress, so people can be more interested and learn a little about our hobby. People can't understand what they don't know.

Flatline
07-29-2007, 03:30 PM
Thats A Good Idea. Shut Them Up Before They Have An Opportunity To F With You . Hand Them A Card And Say "just Check This Out It Will Answer All Your Question"

General Scarlett
07-29-2007, 03:41 PM
I've shown friends on my Judy Garland sites some of the pics that we produce here. For the varied and diverse group, in age, region and tastes...........they all found what we do extremely intriguing.............. :cool:

Plus, I've never really given a rat's arse what people thought of what I do......... :p

gung ho
07-29-2007, 04:42 PM
people don't make fun of me either but i make my little brother carry my stuff till we get to the car soo yeah lol

Lowlight13
07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=gung ho]people don't make fun of me either but i make my little brother carry my stuff till we get to the car soo yeah lol[/QUOTE]

lol, I carry mine in a bag!!

Outrider
07-29-2007, 11:25 PM
[QUOTE=ToneGunsRevisited]Once I was out to take some pictures with a friend collector and a guy (with a mustache alas Outrider) said: " I can understand you playing with small action figures. However, what will you do with the pictures?"
Since that time we made a introduction card with our names and joedios web adress, so people can be more interested and learn a little about our hobby. People can't understand what they don't know.[/QUOTE]

That's a cool idea Luis! Handing out Joedios cards gives people the opportunity to check out the results before they make any judgements. ;)

Blowtorch
07-30-2007, 03:53 AM
[QUOTE=General Scarlett]Plus, I've never really given a rat's arse what people thought of what I do......... :p[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly.

Jay
07-30-2007, 07:47 AM
The last time I got teased about this was back when I was 13 or 14 and some dorkwad called me claiming to be a TRU employee saying "We have the new GIJoe toy you wanted! Uh... Snake-Eyes!"

Of course, this was 1997, and the only Snake-Eyes toys available were in multi-packs, so I saw right through the lie. Plus I never gave away my phone # to any TRU employee.

They were pretty lousy prank callers.

I find that people react better to a Transformers collection than they do to a GIJoe collection.

gung ho
07-30-2007, 06:38 PM
the ones that make fun of me is most of the time family but i'm used to it now