PDA

View Full Version : My new 'Dances with wolves' name is "Bad With Camera"

chaosdjinn
02-07-2006, 11:10 AM
My new 'Dances with wolves' name is "Bad With Camera"

Any suggestions for a relatively bad photographer in terms of lighting, etc?

chaosdjinn
02-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Can anyone make any suggestions as I am almost done with the other mountain and want to start shooting more effectively.

Should I use a large background light and turn the flash off?
Any direct/indirect lighting techniques for a large dio anyone has used before?

Sonneilon
02-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I'd need to see what you are doing first...

Hammerfel
02-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Don't use a flash unless you have a sync cord and you can move the flash to the side or bounce the flash off the ceiling. Direct flash sucks. Also, the #1 most common photography istake for dios is shooting too close. Most cameras can't focus so close, so many people's pics come out VERY blurry.

chaosdjinn
03-01-2006, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=Hammerfel]Don't use a flash unless you have a sync cord and you can move the flash to the side or bounce the flash off the ceiling. Direct flash sucks. Also, the #1 most common photography istake for dios is shooting too close. Most cameras can't focus so close, so many people's pics come out VERY blurry.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info- I was messing around with white electrical tape over the flash to diffuce the drowning effect. I had to use 3 layers of tape to negate the very bright reflection.

I think you're going to like my latest creation- it's an oil storage tank being ravaged by custom BATS. I need to find a home in the middle of my dio for it or I'll shoot it as a stand-alone.

The custom BATS are the internet promo overkills painted black and silver and molds of the original BAT heads were found on eBay a few years ago.

I finally finished them last week and needed them to be doing what BATS do best- wreaking havoc and destruction on something.

I am awaiting a few eBay auctions as I really wanted to have some extras included and once they've all arrived I will display and start the re-shooting process.

I took down all my other posts to save you space and to be able to arrive at the final product with better photography lessons.