PDA

View Full Version : what dose G.I.JOe mean too you?

lightingtina
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
the joes have been around forever. and i like the 33/4 . im not too crazy about Sigma 6 line. or any of the other ones , just this one. and it means a lot too me. and my brother. when we were kids, we uesd to take the legos and make flying Vehicles, and all kinds of play sets . then i was shock to see that thay came out with Built To Rule . its like thay stole me idel and all. the 33/4 came a long way from were thay were back in the 80s. there not as much now as there was then. and to tell you all im not crazy what hasbro is doing to the joes. my brother bravo has been trying to work for hasbro, like a market team leader or like makeing joes or drawings. or something in that fashion. as for me i love whats out there, going to the joe com, in north haven. when my son get older i know that my brother will be talking a storm up and telling him every thing about the joes the begging, and every thing that gos with it.
i cant wait to do more on this site when my hands are free, and i would love to meet all the recruits on this site.
P.S im tina if bravo hasent told you already :D

General Scarlett
06-13-2007, 08:49 PM
Again, welcome to JoeDios!! This is a great site full of spirited members and all around good people...........you will have fun here I'm sure...... :)

maxtype
06-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Welcome,Tina! Have fun! :D

I have a hard time narrowing down what GI Joe means to me-endless hours of play and pleasure,posing figures,reading comics and books about the "real" military,too.GI Joe also represents brotherhood and friendship and the excitement of enjoying my favorite toys.Every time I get a new figure,I'm 8 years old again with my very first Joes!( I'm 34,now).

So I guess GI Joe A Real American Hero represents love and laughter,and the fun of being a kid!

Outrider
06-13-2007, 11:01 PM
[QUOTE=maxtype]Welcome,Tina! Have fun! :D

I have a hard time narrowing down what GI Joe means to me-endless hours of play and pleasure,posing figures,reading comics and books about the "real" military,too.GI Joe also represents brotherhood and friendship and the excitement of enjoying my favorite toys.Every time I get a new figure,I'm 8 years old again with my very first Joes!( I'm 34,now).

So I guess GI Joe A Real American Hero represents love and laughter,and the fun of being a kid![/QUOTE]

Ditto! (Well, ahem...except for the bit about being 34!) :)

General Jones
06-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Scarlett, sometimes spirited isn't the right word, sometimes it's heated ;) . I am kind of leaning towards what Craig and Dave said. It represents some of the best times of my childhood.

Urban Saboteur
06-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the JD forums, as they have all said.. Have lots of fun posting! :D

For me this place enables me to get out all the creativity with my Joe's. I started liking the Joes way back in 87 and really digged the cool swivel arm battle grip articulation! :cool:
Since then I haven't really found a passion for anything else .. :o
Rich

Blowtorch
06-14-2007, 09:50 AM
Welcome again Tina.

I guess I had the best of both worlds in that when I was maybe 5 or 6 I had the 12 inch GI Joe with the fuzzy beard. Then in the 80's with the 3 3/4 figures, comics and cartoons. There were a lot of good times then which counter acted the roughs times I was going thru during that time.

bluestalker88
06-14-2007, 09:54 AM
Hey welcome to the boards!!! well what G.I. Joes mean to me has already been said, but its one of the best ways to keep yourself feeling like a little kid again.

Nick